Thread: A few questions about combat effectiveness of unit's vs each other

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Default A few questions about combat effectiveness of unit's vs each other

Hi guys,

So back on to RTR after a few years and I just have a few questions wih regards to the combat mechanics...

1. In general do sword/axe armed units get a bonus against spear units?

2. Do any cavalry units have a secondary weapon to "switch" to when engaged in melee to make them more effective during melee combat. I know you can do this in a few other mods.

3. Is there certain unit types that have armour pircing weapons? I think the slingers are armour pirecing.

Thanks for answer/ feedback
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: A few questions about combat effectiveness of unit's vs each other

Which RTR? The newest version came out this week.

RTRPE :-)
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RTRPE 2 :-)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In that case, I am not so sure. The newest version we started from scratch so its still vanilla. RTRPE doesn't have many if any devs around, and I never dabbled with their stats when I made my mini mod for it.