Thread: How much experience, per experience rank

Default How much experience, per experience rank

I googled and searched but it all amounted to "exp is important, exp rank gives x bonuses" , to no avail.

My simple question is, how much exp to "fill" the bar? This is so I can have an idea of what the drillmaster does in terms of time (turns).
    I may be foolish. I can't seem to find a way to hover the bar and have the unit exp display a number. Similar to the general exp, or the entire Army tradition.
    1/11, etc.

I can see Army/Navy exp #, and the General exp #, but not the individual units? If not, anyones knows how much for each level?
    i.e:
    Rank 1 is 0/50
    Rank 2 is 55
    Rank 3 is 60

or something like that.

CLosest I got is this:
    http://guides.gamepressure.com/total...e.asp?ID=22299
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; April 10, 2016 at 02:31 PM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: How much experience, per experience rank

There is a table in the db files that will tell you the exact number of experience points needed for your troops to gain a level. It will be easy to find as it is named something with experience, most likely then you can also mod them if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    There is a table in the db files that will tell you the exact number of experience points needed for your troops to gain a level. It will be easy to find as it is named something with experience, most likely then you can also mod them if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the tip. Would they happen to be. unit_experience_thresholds_tables>unit_experience_thresholds?
    Experience Per Rank ...?
    land_level_01:700
    land_level_02:1400
    land_level_03:2000
    land_level_04:3500
    land_level_05:4533
    land_level_06:6133
    land_level_07:13200
    land_level_08:19600
    land_level_09:30000
    naval_level_01:700
    naval_level_02:1400
    naval_level_03:2000
    naval_level_04:3500
    naval_level_05:4533
    naval_level_06:633
    naval_level_07:13200
    naval_level_08:19600
    naval_level_09:30000

If those values are the "per rank" pool that needs ot be filled, then I am beginning to wonder the usefullness of drill master. 15 points per turn, when you need to fill 2000 seems rather a waste of general skill points.

Agreed, maybe not? The whole reason for this was whether or not drillmaster is even worth it, since it would take well over 100 turns to gt a silver shevron. I think I'd better focus on getting more replenishment rate.
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; April 10, 2016 at 02:46 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I think there is also exp decay so if units do not gain more exp, they will slowly lose current one, then the agent is the way to go if you want to stay at the same level.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

First, cool picture. That dlc seemed to have as much story as the entire game combined. Second, is drill master worth it? Or is only worth it in combination with a champion? Because 1 lv in drill master won't doa nything, it has to be all in. Even then is...lackluster, got to add the champion.

Hence my last question...is drill master worth it? Or just stick with temples to give you chevrons and use skills for replenishment and local happy stuff or buffing the soldiers?

Champion's drill ability is 50 without additional traits I think, so Drillmaster is probably not worth it.
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, I usually need something around 150-200 kills to get the first rank, so you can scale from there. Practically, It's nothing difficult to achieve a 1-2 silver chevron with infantry, then it gets trickier as experience is lost proportionally with unit casualties. One of the tips can be to let your infantry chase what they can, after enemy army is broken, as there is no problem to level cavalry in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    Champion's drill ability is 50 without additional traits I think, so Drillmaster is probably not worth it.
    Also, if I'm not mistaken, I usually need something around 150-200 kills to get the first rank, so you can scale from there. Practically, It's nothing difficult to achieve a 1-2 silver chevron with infantry, then it gets trickier as experience is lost proportionally with unit casualties. One of the tips can be to let your infantry chase what they can, after enemy army is broken, as there is no problem to level cavalry in the same way.
    Following the same train of thought, are the champions drill skills useless as well?

From what I remember, and from what I just checked on the DEI wik(royal academy) the champions have the same amount as a general's drillmaster skill. 5, 10, 15 in their respective levels. IN the end, needing three tor each 15. The only exception, would be the rare chance you get the "officer" basic trait. Which is 8, 15, 20.

Or maybe in the end they aren't completely useless, a lv 1 drill master would stop the loss of experience due to inactivity for an army at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartas Julius View Post
    From what I remember, and from what I just checked on the DEI wik(royal academy) the champions have the same amount as a general's drillmaster skill. 5, 10, 15 in their respective levels. IN the end, needing three tor each 15. The only exception, would be the rare chance you get the "officer" basic trait. Which is 8, 15, 20.
    It goes as the addition to the passive champion's ability Military Training. You can check this bonuses in 'agent effects' tab of your army and then right next to it is the 'army effects' tab or something which reads that you have +50 exp for units per turn. Notice how your champion also levels a trait fot this action, which gives another 5\10\15 bonus.

So what I was saying is that Drillmaster have very little effect compared to Military Training. Next, whether to use a champion or not should depend on your playstyle and the faction you play. For example, if I field lightly armored infantry or otherwise have serious casualties after battles, then I wouldn't bother so much with trying to level them up.

I went and checked experience bonus the other day and it estimates roughly as +5% to melee skills and morale for exp rank 3 which equals to lv 3 Relentless Attacker for infantry. If this bonus is linear then you'd get +15% for top rank veterans. My logic is this: instead of going crazy to boost up exp in every possible way to get full golden chevron (+15%), you can always have a "safe" bonus of full silver (+10%) which is easy to achieve via just champion and casual, but careful battling, and combine it with general's skills (relentless attacker, tenacious defender etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Furgon View Post
    It goes as the addition to the passive champion's ability Military Training. You can check this bonuses in 'agent effects' tab of your army and then right next to it is the 'army effects' tab or something which reads that you have +50 exp for units per turn. Notice how your champion also levels a trait fot this action, which gives another 5\10\15 bonus.

So what I was saying is that Drillmaster have very little effect compared to Military Training. Next, whether to use a champion or not should depend on your playstyle and the faction you play. For example, if I field lightly armored infantry or otherwise have serious casualties after battles, then I wouldn't bother so much with trying to level them up.

I went and checked experience bonus the other day and it estimates roughly as +5% to melee skills and morale for exp rank 3 which equals to lv 3 Relentless Attacker for infantry. If this bonus is linear then you'd get +15% for top rank veterans. My logic is this: instead of going crazy to boost up exp in every possible way to get full golden chevron (+15%), you can always have a "safe" bonus of full silver (+10%) which is easy to achieve via just champion and casual, but careful battling, and combine it with general's skills (relentless attacker, tenacious defender etc).

Thank you for your reply. I'll try this campaign to change and forgo the drillmaster, saves me plenty of points to put elsewhere. Question about your personal preference, or anyone who may read this; relentless attacker vs tenacious defender for heavy infantry? Greek/Roman units etc based forces.