Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Default Re: The Witcher (I, II, III) - CD Projekt RED games

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Personally, i think main antagonist in Heart of Stone is a bit more terrifying than one in the Blood and Wine..
    I still think B&W as a whole is massive "So ing Much Wasted Potential : The Expansion"

Huh, B&W for me is actually better than the main campaign and Hearts of Stone.

But yes nothing can surpass Gaunter O'Dimm.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Last edited by DAVIDE; September 04, 2016 at 05:14 AM.

^ Nice thanks for the link mate! Awesome video.

Tried searching for that concert, this video has some 15 minutes of it. Great stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0wIfhju3g

edit: first part of the concert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEweHq_8hTc
    Last edited by Wulfburk; September 04, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    Last time Geralt visited Nilfgaard, was long before the beginning of W1. Emhyr was cursed and Ciri just an infant. In the main game they have been following a specific timeline of events leading to the finding of Cirilla. There was no reason to put Nilfgaard visitable when Nilgaardians and their emperor were at war at your place (Northern Realm)

Heart of Stone's decision to stay in Velen i think reflected the fact that the map was already done, a way to save time for a release. They only had to create a brandnew main story and few secondary quests and thats it.

Blood and Wine's Toussaint was chosen to give you something different to play with, its one of the very few countries untouched by war. A large scale war not only involving Nilfgaard and Temeria but also all their allies in the north and south.
    Actually Geralt spends a lot of time in Nilfgaard's various regions during the books when Ciri is quite old (say teenager iirc), including Touissant (which is a Nilfgaardian province). Though that time he had a very specific reason to go south, it's not unheard of for him to travel to what after 3 games could be described as "exotic" regions, such as other Nilfgaardian provinces or even Ofier. On the other hand, chances are the Geralt won't see a return, which means the devs have freedom to go pretty much anywhere they want.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Actually Geralt spends a lot of time in Nilfgaard's various regions during the books when Ciri is quite old (say teenager iirc), including Touissant (which is a Nilfgaardian province). Though that time he had a very specific reason to go south, it's not unheard of for him to travel to what after 3 games could be described as "exotic" regions, such as other Nilfgaardian provinces or even Ofier. On the other hand, chances are the Geralt won't see a return, which means the devs have freedom to go pretty much anywhere they want.
    Toussaint is a conquered region. Officially a vassal of Nilfgaard but fully indipendent. Indipendent politics, indipendent law, indipendent men at arms and heraldic. Nilfgaard never interfered with Toussaint's affairs and their armies never crossed the border. The only one thing they share with Nilfgaard is the imposed currency and Henrietta's family relationship to Emhyr. Put there because of a political marriage

The border with Nilfgaard almost changed every year because of new conquered lands, so yes, Geralt visited or crossed occupied nilfgaardian war zone areas and nilfgaardian indipendent vassals. Did Geralt visit the core of Nilfgaard ? Yes, when Ciri was a very very very little girl
    Last edited by DAVIDE; September 04, 2016 at 05:51 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I guess, we are all of the opinion, that the lore book offers quite some more exploration options of the apparent witcher world ( afaik, the author didn't make a map, or? ).

Maybe, who knows, we might see even more witcher books from his feather? Thus optionally stuff for more witcher games?

Let's just hope, CDPR, as a formidable pc-game studio in this genre, might take up its witcher work once more (or even a few times), somewhere in future (hope dies at last).

Probably but, we won't see another Geralt story from CDPR, i assume.

However it is also potential for big quest mods, to "add" some more Geralt stories, which possibly play in the not already known/created regions.
    I think, in regard of modding, The Witcher 3 is rather a green field (W1 and 2 is merely abandoned).
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 04, 2016 at 06:57 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    I guess, we are all of the opinion, that the lore book offers quite some more exploration options of the apparent witcher world ( afaik, the author didn't make a map, or? ).

Maybe, who knows, we might see even more witcher books from his feather? Thus optionally stuff for more witcher games?

Let's just hope, CDPR, as a formidable pc-game studio in this genre, might take up its witcher work once more (or even a few times), somewhere in future (hope dies at last).

Probably but, we won't see another Geralt story from CDPR, i assume.

However it is also potential for big quest mods, to "add" some more Geralt stories, which possibly play in the not already known/created regions.
    I think, in regard of modding, The Witcher 3 is rather a green field (W1 and 2 is merely abandoned).
    Hes done with books i think. Last one, Lady of the Lake, is dated 99 if i recall. And it was also poorly translated from polish. At least the edition i ve read.

I could see a good W4 game having Ciri playable as main character. It will be something new. Perhaps the story backdated when she fled Kaer Morhen?

Or another new witcher with a new story written from scratch. There'd be lot of space for creativity here

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Stop, Ciri won't happen. She is basically a side character for bringing casuals and female consumers, to advertise the game. Geralt is The Witcher and The Witcher is Geralt.

Were they going to make another Witcher game? i don't think so. But if they do they should focus on Geralt and Yennefer this time. They have excellent chemistry and background to relate them.
    Last edited by gastovski; September 05, 2016 at 05:43 PM.

no witcher game in foreseeable future. They are focusing on Cyberpunk 2077 now, and we can expect multiple games from that franchise. Only then, they might get back to a Witcher world, but definitely not with Geralt as main protagonist.. most likely completely new Witcher, living in a different time than Geralt..

Sweet new face

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Duckface, no.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Duckface, no.
    That's not a duckface, that's a rubber raft. This is worse than Ashley Williams in ME3, she looks like a parody of a Barbie doll.

How about Yvonne of Vengerberg?

The author never made a map. Said the fan maps were excellent so he didn't have to.

On another note, someone is doing Witcher voicepacks for XCom2, finally! Next one will be my waifu Triss if I understood correctly

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    That's not a duckface, that's a rubber raft. This is worse than Ashley Williams in ME3, she looks like a parody of a Barbie doll.
    That is no rubber raft, but it must be? It is to early for any New york Parades?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Last edited by DAVIDE; September 09, 2016 at 09:07 AM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDE View Post
    Nice finding.

Didn't know the cat called Nibbles appears more often in the game and DLCs - as of yet, i only saw her consciously in the Oxenfort's house, iirc. added with a cutscene, and wondered about that event.

One of the things in Witcher 3 designed by CDPR, which make the game that special.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 09, 2016 at 06:16 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Nice finding.

Didn't know the cat called Nibbles appears more often in the game and DLCs - as of yet, i only saw her consciously in the Oxenfort's house, iirc. added with a cutscene, and wondered about that event.

One of the things in Witcher 3 designed by CDPR, which make the game that special.
    Its plenty of that and easter eggs. If you enter crippled Kate's brothel, you can hear a prostitute named Bertha singing "I'm a material girl in a material world" referencing Madonna :-D