Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Translating IC...WIP

Icon3 Translating IC...WIP

Hi fellas. Considering the Imperial Crisis series of mods really deserve some popularity but a lot of people, including myself, could not actually play them because of russian language, I took the task to translate them. After several years, both mods are translated.

To apply the english files, first of all backup everything in your IC\data\text folder. Then, delete everything in it and extract the ones from my archives inside that folder. That's all you need to do, simple as that.

Translation was done with online tools such as Google or Bing. It's not perfectly accurate, so I may continue to refine it.

Most important of anything else, if you encounter any CTDs after applying the translated files, please provide a good and accurate report (when it happened, which unit or city you selected, which tab you opened, etc).

I will upload new revisions every once and then, stay tuned and enjoy

ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOR IMPERIAL CRISIS 2, Latest Revision 01-01-2020

ENGLISH TRANSLATION FOR IMPERIAL CRISIS 3, Latest Revision 01-04-2020
    Last edited by Spartan 666; January 24, 2020 at 07:25 AM.

Default Re: Translating IC...WIP

A thousand thanks for the translation effort, sadly everytime i click on the recruitment tab of the cities, the game crashes.

EDIT: Fixed
    Last edited by Spartan 666; April 05, 2016 at 04:23 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks, man, I appreciate it!

New version uploaded, with ancilliaries and strat translations.

One of the most important things to have in English is the menu. Could you do that soon?

The menu should already be in english. Have you deleted ALL the files inside ic\data\text and then put ONLY the ones from my archive in it?

Oh, crap. I didn't see the part about deleting the files, my bad. By the way, do you know how to play the 193 AD campaign?
    Last edited by Eldgrimr; April 09, 2016 at 06:15 AM.

No 193AD campaign at the moment.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great. Thanks for your work and posting the translation.

Good news fellas, buildings are finally translated! They will need a huge revision though, as many have non sense names.

i can't seem to get my copy of the mod translated properly could you give me advice please?

Thank you all for supporting our mod! I think Salote Sar will make the translation of the text!

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

So is the download in the first post good t go or do we need to wait till another is made?
    EDIT:
    "Script error in bi/IC/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 131, column 1.

"horde_min_units": This feature is not supported"
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; September 30, 2016 at 09:32 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    So is the download in the first post good t go or do we need to wait till another is made?
    EDIT:
    "Script error in bi/IC/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 131, column 1.

"horde_min_units": This feature is not supported"
    Unfortunately, I don't know what changes were made in the game! I propose to ask this question directly to Saloth Sar.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I figured it out, it was an issue with Steam trying to boot up Rome total War and not Barbarian Invasion (despite me specifically asking for BI...) and I eventually found a solution.
    The translation worked too, but weirdly only for units, settlements etc and not for character traits. Also some of the translations are a bit wacky, and there's a lot of nameless units (says "Unspecified Unit Text" or something, usually means there's punctuation the game doesn't like, from memory semicolons and hyphens) but at least it's playable
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

This is a great looking mod however when I've gone to put in the translated files, I get an immediate CTD when selecting any faction and clicking continue. I reinstalled it a couple of times and redid the translated files as per the instructions but no go there. Runs fine without changing the translated files however.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Im unable to download the two text files, my browser treats it as malware

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Managed to download them via internet explorer but i get a ctd when i select a faction in campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    Managed to download them via internet explorer but i get a ctd when i select a faction in campaign
    Unfortunately, I can not help. The translation was done by other people. I English know badly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast