Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Ghibellino's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

I love you for continuing this project! I should use more kite shield for norman and germanic factions and maybe more round shield for danish and anglo-saxon factions. Will the byzantines get new units?
    "Vile, tu uccidi un uomo morto" -Francesco Ferrucci

I'm not sure, depends what Linke had planned for them.

I am however going to need help with this project:

1. Need someone to re texture shields, right now I have a couple good ones but this mod desperately needs some with dragons like they are depicted in the Bayeux tapestry. This is something I havent mastered yet and would really like someone to take over.

2. Need more unit cards to match the new unit system, I mentioned it a couple pages before in this thread

3. I also need some UI stuff, in particular I need someone to make faction maps for the faction selection screen and I really need someone to make cards for the generals and faction leaders

I can take care of the units and campaign stuff but this mod wont be released until I can get help with these things. I pretty much have no skills when it comes to UI and retexturing so I cant even create rudimentary stuff.

Edit:
    Gonna post the muslim skins I've done so far so you guys can see I'm still working on this project.
    Last edited by Athos187; November 29, 2017 at 01:19 PM.

Preview of some of the Islamic factions units and what I'm planning on doing with the castle models:

I have also completed the first version of the combat and economic overhaul that I am going to use for this mod and am currently refining it in my new charlemagne and soon to be updated charles martel mods.
    Last edited by Athos187; November 30, 2017 at 01:25 PM.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Preview of some of the Islamic factions units and what I'm planning on doing with the castle models:
    I have also completed the first version of the combat and economic overhaul that I am going to use for this mod and am currently refining it in my new charlemagne and soon to be updated charles martel mods.
    Awesome work ! They look great. I'm really looking forward to this mod especially being able to play as the Normans.

YA same here, I do need help with this stuff to release it tho. Anyone who wants to help please PM me so we can get this mod released

I'm not sure, depends what Linke had planned for them.

I am however going to need help with this project:

1. Need someone to re texture shields, right now I have a couple good ones but this mod desperately needs some with dragons like they are depicted in the Bayeux tapestry. This is something I havent mastered yet and would really like someone to take over.

2. Need more unit cards to match the new unit system, I mentioned it a couple pages before in this thread

3. I also need some UI stuff, in particular I need someone to make faction maps for the faction selection screen and I really need someone to make cards for the generals and faction leaders

I can take care of the units and campaign stuff but this mod wont be released until I can get help with these things. I pretty much have no skills when it comes to UI and retexturing so I cant even create rudimentary stuff.

Figured out a workaround for the UI stuff so I should be able to finish this once I complete the update to 356 AD, stay tuned in

Good news. I feel like a new Attila campaign soon.
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

looking forward to it!

Will post a preview of the Viking units in the next couple days

Merry Christmas everyone! Here is a preview of the Vikings fighting under Harald Hardrada:

Playable Normans, castle models, Vikings with big ing axes. Sign. Me. Up.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Not sure of every screen depicts a different unit, but if so, there are a bit too many units with mail armour. Don't forget that historically, only the high-end nobility would have had the money to buy a helmet AND a mail hauberk.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; December 25, 2017 at 06:57 AM.

Can you give me some sources Linuslinothorax?

I was looking at this illustration you posted earlier in the thread, which shows a lot of them wearing a helm and armor:

Was just going to have the highest tier units wearing that much tho.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Can you give me some sources Linuslinothorax?
    http://https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki...nd_armour#Mail

Was just going to have the highest tier units wearing that much tho.
    How many units will wear them and how many are there in total?

Well that link says the professional soldiers with Harald Hardrada wore mail and helms, right now I have tier 3 axemen, swordsmen and spearmen plus the two general guard units as fully armored units.

Well that link says the professional soldiers with Harald Hardrada wore mail and helms, right now I have tier 3 axemen, swordsmen and spearmen plus the two general guard units as fully armored units.

Also wondering about norse heavy cavalry units for this time period, Linke had two heavy almost norman like cav units planned for them but I thought their armies would be more infantry based and there dont seem to be any mentions of cavalry on either side at the Battle of Stamford Bridge.

If I were you I would just add some light skirmisher cav or some light melee cav for the English and Harald's horde

Ya thats what I was thinking but I just wanted to see if there was some sort of historical basis for those units since Linke took the time to add them to the roster and make unit cards for them.

Hey guys I have an open request to anyone who wants to help see this mod completed. I am still missing a bunch of unit icons from Linke's original roster and the guy who was making them hasn't responded to me in quite a while. So I am going to post the link to the Google Drive where all of the icons and the templates used to create the icons are located. You can use Paint.net to edit the templates and create the unit icons.

In the Google Drive you can check out the completed icons and compare them to the unit roster plan that Linke made so you will know which ones still need to be made:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...FFiN0E3VDR6RGs

If someone could complete these it would really help me get the project done faster. I think we're basically missing all of the Byzantine icons and alot of the muslim icons. I had hoped to create a lot of new units and do things differently but since I cant really make icons for them I just decided to use the units Linke came up with so we can move forward on this.
    Last edited by Athos187; December 25, 2017 at 09:18 PM.

Also wondering about norse heavy cavalry units for this time period, Linke had two heavy almost norman like cav units planned for them but I thought their armies would be more infantry based and there dont seem to be any mentions of cavalry on either side at the Battle of Stamford Bridge.
    Well this is a transitional period, and that may have been what Linke was going for.

but the Norwegians did not use any cavalry in battle during the events of 1066. For that matter, neither did the English. Both sides only used horses for scouting and traveling and did not breed horses that were really suitable for heavy cavalry roles.

iirc, posters in other threads pointed out that even centuries later, the Norwegians could still only field a few hundred mounted knights at most, and still formed largely infantry bases armies.