Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: Conquest: 1066 AD - Charlemagne Mod

They look good, somewhat stained-glassy wich is good. Add me on steam

I've made 13 from the screen shots on this thread. I'd like to make 40. Would you have a collection of more screen shots from 1066 that I could work with ?
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Can't wait till this comes out!

A couple more loading screens.

Also got enough images now so no need for more screenshots Linke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails campaign_21.jpg   campaign_24.jpg  
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War

good idea to use real images. Regia.org might have some good time period images in their articles.

All wip campaign, majority of things are implemented. All factions and characters are integrated, but I couldn't find a way to show the entire map at once.

Wow, very nice. Let me know when you need some beta testing!

That looks great! Any eta on release date?

Looks cool Linke. I've completed my 1066 loading screens mod and I'm thinking of releasing on steam workshop. What do you reckon?

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to make Leon playable over Castile? I realize that Alfonso was the brother who came out on top, but generally Castile was the more prestigious of the two titles and carried more weight behind it.

More importantly, letting players take control of Castile would let them have El Cid as one of their generals!

In the current version, both are playable. Although if I remember correctly the family tree is a bitstrange as it is shared across the realms of Ferdinand's sons. But it works fine it's just that you don't see the family as Castile.

El cid will have his own principality in 1090

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    In the current version, both are playable. Although if I remember correctly the family tree is a bitstrange as it is shared across the realms of Ferdinand's sons. But it works fine it's just that you don't see the family as Castile.

El cid will have his own principality in 1090
    So does this mean that El Cid is scripted to appear only as the leader of an independent Valencia?

IMO, it would probably be better to have him as a general for Castile since at this time he was a rapidly rising star and would soon be one of Sancho II's most trusted and capable commanders. His capture of Valencia was the result of his (2nd, iirc) exile by Alfonso VI, which may not have happened at all had Sancho II not been assassinated without an heir outside of his brother. Even so, his first exile wasn't until sometime in 1080, and his second wasn't until late 1087 at the earliest.

Perhaps the trigger for the Valencia faction's emergence should include a requirement that the Castile faction has been destroyed? That way El Cid could still be a starting character for Castile, but also show up as older, legendary warrior with his own emergent faction if his buddy Sancho II is no longer around.

I'm glad to see Castile is playable though!

No, Rodrigo can be a character in the normal campaign aswell, if he was old enough (he seems like 14 in 1066 to me).
    El cid will be the leader of his principality in another campaign, where the Almoravids are featured. That was a bit unclear, but it will start in 1090

El Cid was born some time around 1040. By 1065 he was already Sancho II's royal standard bearer, which was a position that gave him a great degree of military responsibility and made him Sancho's champion of sorts.

Roger that, regarding a second campaign starting in 1090! It's cool to see some more options with starting dates!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

My specialty in University is early medieval Ireland and I'll be very happy to give a helping hand.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Any news on release date?

our goal is still 25th, anniversary of Williams crowning. It will probably just be an (open) test version by then though.

I would be more then happy to help you with the beta as the Irish. My steam is PhilipO'Hayda so I'll be easy to find.

Yea I don't have a lot of sources for Ireland I'm not shure about the accuracy of the units. Also they're made by another guy so I don't know what he thought. So any feedback there is great.

Well lucky for you this is my specialty and since am one of the few that take Prof John Carey and Kevin Moore in UCC lectures I can get the entire feudal rank structure, which many find highly complicated which is way many people don’t touch the Irish in this period, because of how poorly educated by no fault of their own people are on this subject, so yes I will be able to help you after my exams the last one on the 21st of Dec being on early mediaeval Irish law Called the Brehon law.