Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project: Medic Wars

Default Re: Project: Medic Wars

Merci Féliss! En ce moment, j'y travaille tous les jours, car je suis quasiment au but, mais y a toujours un tas de petites choses que j'ai envie d'améliorer... Et j'ai encore un tas d'idées de scripting de nouveaux évènements, de nouvelles missions à accomplir en cours de campagne. Bref, j'ai vraiment chopé le virus de faire un mod au top! Le souci c'est que plus je cherche à toujours l'améliorer, et plus ça me prend du temps évidemment. En tout cas, tout est déjà prêt pour une version jouable mais je vais encore essayer de peaufiner au max jusqu'à la sortie!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Nice just one thing that doesn't have any connection with Heg but with the laws of the forum. Every other language except the english is forbidden.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Advancement continue. I just finished to verify the totality of the scripts of my backround rewrited, and scripts are functionnal.

I also finished to add many important monuments (some of them are in hcs, others are new). I will publy the list of them, and some new screens because these buildings appear on the strat map, that's really immersive!

Here is the list of the 9 "wonders" I implanted for the mod Medic Wars!

1) #Temple de Zeus Olympie# (appears on strat map with Zeus' s statue)

2) #Sanctuaire d'Apollon de Delphes et terres sacrées# (strat map: Temple)

3) #Samothrace Grands Dieux# (Strat map: Temple)

4) #Phares de Thasos# (Strat map: Pharos)

5) #Diolkos# (Strat map: column)

6) #Heriaon de Samos# (Strat map: Temple)

7) #Nuraghes# (Strat map: ruins nuraghi)

8) #Dodone# (Strat map: Oak tree, priests using oak for predictions)

9) #Temples mégalithiques de Malte# (Strat map: black magalithic stone)

All them are considered like Wonders in game when the player will capture them!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Wow, this mod really means business... that army in pic 2 is huge.

Also why are all other languages not allowed, out of curiosity?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Xerxes armies are huge, true and they want destroy Athenai. Thermopyle battle is really... for champions!

I'm still ameliorating many things (like you can see in the screens before). I'm also rebalancing some factions in campaign: it's testing many factions that I still can see what to correct/ameliorate.

So, it's taking me more time that I thought. I'm in holidays for 01/11/17, so, I thing I will use some of these days to finish completly the mod. I can release it now, but I want to achieve the version 1.0 to have the best mod never seen.

Blog Entries

Take your time mate, you definitely deserve it I really can never get over the lengths modders like you go to for the community, merci merci
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

thanks!

That's an important moment for the project, this period of testing comportment of each factions many turns during a long campaign. Fortunatly, the critical time with possible crashes due to scripts/implanting factions/ modify sensible files is finished and OK!
    I haven't dangerous work to do now, so, mod is sure to be without problems. It's only details, ameliorations and completing the work.

Something I'm doing, are like theses wonders, all implanted now. Adding many dynamic missions connected with selected factions, re-balancing factions, making artefacts to discover, and especially, I spend so many time to work on the diplomacy to make this mod the greatest historical and "intelligent" than possible. Many of my scripts are dedicated to diplomacy between greek factions, and diplomacy with the council of amphictyons.

I will give informations regularly because I'm on the final stretch for the project.

Today, some screens about an huge campaign with Corinth!

Important moments:

471: Persia make siege against Athens

Like you can see, diplomacy is active between factions but stays "intelligent"! Greek coalition still exist and fight to survive. My faction, Corinth is at war with Argos and Persia of course. Xerxes's armies are so strong that they decide to break their alliance with Thebes, and Persia wants the totality of the Greece!

470: Delphes is under Persia attacks. The coalition has lost too much provinces and now, greeks armies are too much weak to help concil of amphictyons... Delphes is in immediat danger!

468: Delphes and Phokis are destroyed by Persia!

468, after the fall of Delphes, turn is to Thebes and Athens to have same end...?

Now, Persia is at the gates of Pelloponnese, my faction, Corinth will be the next on the road of persians's rules...!

All these turns with no bug no crash. This is not a mod, it's a real dream!

During this time, Corinth was not inactive. I established some new colonies on the ionian sea, and fought against Argos.

Here some screens of fight (against etolian rebels) because I not put so much screen of units and battles...

I'm very glad to say it's soon your turn to discover this huge challenge which take me so many months to do!

Well I'll be interested in seeing how this challenge goes. Though I think it will be very unbalanced for playing as Persia.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Answer to questions in MP about wonders:

- Yes, of course, all the wonders that's appear on the strat map, also the new wonders, are visible on the battle map!

- All the wonders, also the new wonders, make bonus for the faction which capture them.

Slaytaninc: Challenge is fantastic for the greek coalition. I build a realistic and historical mod. That's mean the different factions have not the same difficulty in campaign.
    Persia is not done to be played by humans for the moment, it's a faction created to be used by AI, but it's possible to play it. I will study, I think in future versions, how make Persia really challengeous for players.

In my first version, principal factions for humans are:

- Athenes
    - Sparte
    - Corinthe

- Carthage
    - Etrurie

... but the others factions like barbarians or others greek cities can also be played, it's only not the best faction to choose the first time, because my intelligent and very interessant scripts are writen for the principal factions
    Last edited by Tchateur; October 28, 2017 at 04:29 AM.

Now, I'm in holidays during 2 weeks. I will continue to test all my principal factions, making some rebalancing to have the best development for each faction during campaign as possible.

I especially work to develop the most intelligent alliance/relation system because the vanilla system is totaly stupidous. I want eradicate the silly system that make break good alliances because an other allied faction betray an other. In vanilla system, this treasons are advantageous to the traitor faction.

I'm trying to write a completly new system of logical alliances/diplomaty, and this time, the faction which will betray an ally, will be punished by others.
    Last edited by Tchateur; October 29, 2017 at 03:37 AM.

Ok guys, I believe I make it! Perfect intelligent system of alliances is implanted (Yes, I f#u#c#k#e#d the stupid vanilla diplomatic system!)

Something totaly new. Result is unbelievable! I can put some screens of results of this powerful new diplomatic system if you want... but I prefer let's you have the surprise to discover it by yourself!!!

It's so enormous that I want verify all the possibilities but I'm amost sure that's fine like this

Blog Entries

Sorry I don't completely understand. So if factions A B and C are allied to eachother, if A declares war on B then C will come to B's aid instead of just cancelling an alliance?

In vanilla RTW game:

If A, B, C are all allies, and A declares war on B (so it's a f#u#c#k#i#n#g treason!), the (most probable) consequence is that C will break alliance with the B, and will keep alliance with the traitor A. That's really suck too much!

In RTW system, the faction which attacks first an ally (treason), has the most chance to make break the alliances of his victim and the attacker will keep his allies. That's really pathetic.

In Medic Wars game:

With the same case, when A declares war on B, C faction will automatically break alliance with the traitor, so A. In some case, C faction will keep alliance with B faction (the victim) or be neutral with. C faction can also declare war again A faction because the A is considered like the traitor.

That's very different like you can understand! But my system is more complex for most possibilities!
    Last edited by Tchateur; October 30, 2017 at 08:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Ah I see. Good job!

I'm studying the most different possibilities in campaign, because there are lot of cases possible of treasons/alliances. For the moment, I managed to adapt very well the comportment of the factions, but there are still some complicate situations... I work on them case after case.

Hello guys!

I'm working like a mad modder during my holidays (and I like this!), and I just finished to write a damned good script for diplomacy What I want, I do!!!

This big part done I will do again tests with all factions (it's like this I can see and discover new things to ameliorate). The mod is really f#u#c#k#i#n#g good now but I'm still working about details.

Now, I'm near the end of the project, and it's now time for me to open a thread for this mod. It will be in french because I will make the full description of "Medic Wars". Like it's not possible to write in french on TWC, I will write the thread from a french site. I will put the internet site link here when I will write the thread, thing that I want to do during these holidays.

I hope you will folow the subjet of my mod and the next coming release. Many details and news to discover about this project!

Thanks a lot to the followers of this thread!
    Last edited by Tchateur; November 02, 2017 at 07:58 AM.

Would you create multiple campaigns?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast