Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project: Medic Wars

Default Project: Medic Wars

Hello guys,

As you know, I'm developping a new project for HCS, named "Medic Wars".

The conflict opposing cities-states of Greece against Persia of Xerxes in -480. Situation of Greece is here at this date:

My mod will cover this historical period, just before the battle of the thermopyles. Coalition of greek cities will try to stop Xerxes full armies in the Thermopyles, joining a powerful coalition of freedom citites (Sparte, Athenes, Corinthe, Elis, coalised cities of Beotie, Locride, Phocide):

Council of Amphictyons of Phocide will command the strategy of the Greece states. You will have many dynamic missions to accomplish as you can see:

New factions, some new units more historical (militia units, enrolement of civil, not just hoplites this time)!
    The middle Greece will be in immediat danger:

You can choose your strategy: Keep alliances with others factions and try to stop Xerxes invasion... or betray your allies to build your hegemonia on Greece! (but you will risk to loose all your partners!)

The beautiful cities of HCS and the best units are all present of course!

This mod is developped to be a no bugs / no crash mod. It will be one of the biggest historical mod developped, with many new possibilities. All the best we can have from RTW/Bi progress will be regroup in this mod.

For the moment, all is functionning correctly, but I'm just a the beginning of an enormous and exciting adventure

Default Re: Project: Medic Wars

well as a fan of hegemonia for probably around a decade now if not longer i wish you luck on this seemingly cursed timeframe within RTW modding

Thanks genko.

My mod is a totaly new experience of HCS, but without the bugs of the original mod

Macedon and Persia coming soon

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks great

More news coming soon

Xerxčs armies and génerals, Queen Artemise of Halicarnasse, Leonidas, Eurybiade of Sparta, Themistocle etc... will be implanted.

Mod will begins with historical greeks lines of defenses (Artémision/Thermopyles) and the powerful persian armies in the south of Thessalie, ready to force Leonidas'blocus. Themistocle and the greek allied naval forces will defend Attique and Peloponnčse of disembark.

Wonderfull battle of Thermopyles is added in campaign, which reserve surprise...

The biggest historical battle never seen before

(Perhaps I will make a little video for this battle when I will have the time)
    Last edited by Tchateur; February 28, 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Sounds great! I can´t wait for more news

I added Macedonia faction, and Persian empire.
    The historical alliances are respected.

Coalition of greek cities is the unique solution to stop Xerxes' invasion. Greek cities of middle greece will tell the player for help in battle.

I think I could make the video for the next week. Many new possibilities never seen on game strategy are now possible in the mod (It will be visible in the video).

I tested long campaign: there is absolute no bug, no crash in all the turns

Some new screen of advancement:

Now Persia is added (but not finished). The Persian empire is really impressive. Thrace, Ionie, and part of middle Greece are annexed:

Mod start in -480, the date of the thermopyles battle. Coalition of greek cities, under the order of King of Sparta, Leonias, make the blocus of middle Greece entrance:

Xerxes is an intelligent King, as it was in History, his armies can turnover the Greeks allied position:

If a greek allied faction is attacked, she can ask help others to help her (player can chose to join battle or not):

Just accept to help your allies, and like this you can play the Thermopyles battle with yours allies:

Here, Locrians, Phocidians and Sparta, joign the battle against enormous persians armies:

Only the best strategos could win this battle:

Four armies ar fighting on the battle map!

And the first confontation with the persians finished by a great victory of the hellenistic alliance:

Last edited by Tchateur; February 28, 2016 at 02:49 PM.

First vidéo of "Medic Wars" project, the presentation and the advancement:

https://youtu.be/En254ZUe2dY (video in HD)

2nd vidéo, the first day at the Thermopyles gate:

https://youtu.be/YKObCAi8rW0

https://youtu.be/dF3Vej9Ci_I

other vidéo will follow soon with second day with the Spartans...
    Last edited by Tchateur; March 06, 2016 at 04:52 PM.

Civis

Hows progress? This seems great!!

Any news?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Ι think this project is dead.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Hello guys. I just made a long pause in the modding because I have others things to do, but I retake my work where it was. I just added the faction Epirus and I will make the Illyrians soon.
    To remember where the mod was left, I played an enought long campaign with Sparta and all works perfectly. So it's with a biggest motivation I continue the developpment.
    13 factions are still implanted

I think I will send new screens in few times, when Illyria will be finisehd.

Today just some new screens to illustrate the advancement of my mod.

I took them on a little campaign test, so we are at date -472 after some events (The coalition of greek cities lost the Thermopyles but on sea, Athenians won against Persian...)

[IMG][/IMG]

I also implanted Illyria, Thrace and Epire which are ready to be played!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Now, before add others factions, I'm testing many factions in campaign to verify good developpment and actions. Others news will come after these tests.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

good progress!

Thanks. Mod will now progress with good speed I think, because I work on it every weeks. If followers have questions about the mod, I will try to answer regularly. So many modifications with the original version

I love the idea of this project, but I'm a little worried that it may not be compatible with Hegemonia City States when the mod re-launches with version 1.0 (as per this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-V-1-00-Coming).

Maybe you should wait to see what the 1.00 version changes, so you don't end up having to rethink and re-do most of the mod if the changes are many.

Otherwise, the most likely scenario for people who want to play your mod is that they will have to install the 0.99 version instead of the 1.00 version.

Also, it is my understanding that b0gia's modpack fixes all the crashes and improves many things of the base mod. Maybe you could, with his permission, use the modpack as the base for your mod, so you don't have to re-fix something that has already been fixed and can focus on the actual features of the mod?

Just some thoughts. I wish you the best and am subscribed to this thread to follow the project closely.

Great Work! Why you changed the spartan shield emblem it was not Lamda yet at that time.

Alekho
    my mod is not really based on HCS v0.99, I remake all from the beginning with vanilla version of BI. The mod ins only inspirated from Jarlaxe's excellent mod but without the problems his mod had. So, The Medic Wars will not be compatible with any versions of HCS. It's a different mod!
    I dont need to fix any bug of HCS: there are no bugs on my mod

Leon Katakalon
    , thanksn I don't know that spartan had not the lambda on the shield at this time and I added it because everybodyassimilate the Spartan with the Lambda. I will keep this good shield like this, it will be a little "mistake" historical

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast