Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: M2TW Config File How To's

Default Re: Hot Seat

if i edited the cfg file, how can i use this hotseat mode? cant see it in multiplayer (LAN)

Counterintuitively, you must play the Single Player grand campaign. Then, you click on the different factions to player control of them on or off.

I see one problem with this...

When I played as two factions, when I ended the turn with my first (and second) faction, the map went dark (Fog of War filled where my faction was) It went away when my turn came again (after using 2nd faction).

Since I follow the AI movement to keep an eye on my borders, how can I make it were the FOW doesn't fill in when I'm done?
    Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers.
    Aristotle

Default Re: M2TW Config File How To's

Is there no way to make it where the map stays the same ending your turn so you can see when the enemy is at your gates?
    Aristotle

Icon4 Re: M2TW Config File How To's

Please someone give a yes or no answer

I know this is borderline spamming, but I NEED an answer.

Because I could not see my lands after ending the turn, I completely missed Spain's Army coming in from the north.

Please help

If yes, tell me how.
    If no, I will hush and leave.

But I really would like an answer.

... Anyone?
    Last edited by war91; May 17, 2007 at 02:57 PM.
    Aristotle

Well, sorry - I think you will just have to control your borders carefully.
    In a pbm-game, lack of time won't be an issue. In a normal hotseat game, the others will understand that you want to check your borders.

is it possible to play DLV 3.1 in hotseat mode?

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Icon11 Re: M2TW Config File How To's

Hi!

I'm new here, 'coz until now i've just used the hungarian tw forums.

I have an own mod, Ascendancy of Medieval, and i have a big-big problem. I dunno how to transform it, that it start with M2TW 1.2 patch. It's not too good, 'coz i want to make the 1.1 version of Ascendancy! (i thanks if somebody send me (to st.toma.st@gmail.com) the list of the files, which i must transform, the the list of what to transform in these files.)

I have another problems, too:
    The mountains are too low, coz if i make the map_heights.hgt, it finds an error, and exit, and in log file there are problems with th tradable goods like silk... They have wrong positions. If i'd delete them, it had perhaps worked but i haven't tested yet.

But my biggest problem (or 2nd biggest, after not running with 1.2) is that the battles dont run:
    1. I install the game - Battles ok.
    2. I install the patch 1.1 - battles ok.
    3. I unpack the packs - battles dont works, the game exit an encountered error.
    If i start battle, it loads then appears the battle map, the units have skins, they are ok, but the sky is black, and the land is snow-white, there are no trees or buildings just hills and fields. (It happens in cca 1 sec) And then it writes the error, i click ok, and it exits.

How can i cure these???

Please help me quickly!

Laetus

For the CTD enter your data directory and delete the two descr_geography files (dont have an installation at hand for exact name, but there are only these two with geography in name).

For fog of war, there must be a cheat deactivating it completely. The AI has no advantage of this, but you see the map of both factions (stupid workaround, but better than nothing...)

For all with problems with .bat files: Forget about them, what you want can be done more efficiently and easily:
    Create a shortcut to your medieval.exe, rightklick it and select properties. On the shortcut register you find a target line. Extend this one by your @mod.cfg. Normally the line has quotes, but put your extension behind the quotes with a space preceding.
    Advantage: you can drop this shortcut everywhere and it still works, the batch file not. And it has the m2tw symbol.

what do you add to the cfg file to stop the banners waving in air? id still like to keep them, just not all wavey like using up resources

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Can somebody help me please?
    I want to use the camera that is not "restricted".
    The camera does not allow a player to go lower a certain point (head of a unit).
    I want to go a little lower than that. Just like in cinematic editor mode! In cinedit you can go anywhere ever under ground.
    SO is there any variable that I can set so that I can move the camera freely?
    Please help me with this one. I will really apreciate it!
    Thanx!

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Hi!

Now, it's ok. Ascendancy v1.1 works with M2TW 1.2 and the battles are OK, BUT:

- How can i make my new units visible. So, I've put 2 new units, Semigallian Raiders and Saracen Merceneries to the game, but they are invisible or brightening. How can i make them good?

- My dds converter doesn't work. If i convert a texture file to dds it's ok, but if i want to convert the modified dds to texture, it doesn't work. Advices?

- How can i remove factions from other mods? I want to have Lithuanians, Cumans etc. but i cannot remove them. Please write me a list of the files i have to modify.

Thanx

Is it possible to chang the # of units higher than the "huge" settings?

@ Tiberiu_R - I would like to know that also. I am trying to get cin-ed to work, damn thing is driving me crazy. lol
    Last edited by jester7707; August 11, 2007 at 02:34 AM.

‘gia des kairo pou dialexe o charos na me parei’

is this right for my "mymod.cfg" ? also i dont know what you mean by add edited text files to the mymod/data folder. like copy and paste them?

Hello all,

I was told, on my Vista machine, that if I wanted to change the preferences.cfg file, to:

I. Rt. click on the file
    II. Open it using Notepad
    III. Check off the "use this program" box every time

Well, I did steps I & II but when it came time for step III, I saw NO "use this program every time" box to check because it was greyed out!

Can someone who knows Vista please, please help me?
    hellas1- Thank you, May the Mod God's shine upon you!

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    Hello all,

I was told, on my Vista machine, that if I wanted to change the preferences.cfg file, to:

I. Rt. click on the file
    II. Open it using Notepad
    III. Check off the "use this program" box every time

Well, I did steps I & II but when it came time for step III, I saw NO "use this program every time" box to check because it was greyed out!

Can someone who knows Vista please, please help me?
    hellas1- Thank you, May the Mod God's shine upon you!
    Don't worry about checking the box, then. All it means is you'll have to right click and open it with notepad every time you want to edit it.

However if you read this, I think you'll find you don't need to edit the preferences file to achieve what you want to.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Bluice's Avatar Semisalis

Unlimited men on the battlefield
    To allow all armies in the area to enter the battle:
    Does this mean, the reinforcements armies instantly support and don't have to travel as far or does it actually mean that you can control more then one full stack at a time without the AI controlling the other stacks?
    COULD MY AVATAR BE THE MOST ANNOYING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN? I THINK SO!

Former Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire (DGame)

Y_filip's Avatar Tiro

Does is wor on Win Vista ?
    I have make have download modswitch V1.2 when iwant try to run it (just to test it)

it crash !!!!!!
    and i got error log ftal error !!!!

HopliteLysander's Avatar Civis

I'm trying to remove the secondary weapon for pikemen so they don't switch to swords in the middle of the fight. Can some one link me to where I find this, or give me a tip? Keep in mind i'm not great at modding, I messed with a few units in Rome but I've never done anything in MII TW

Thanks!

=NF= Vasileios_the2nd's Avatar Semisalis

Is there any way to disable the movies that play right before a new campaign begins? How can I do it?
    I have used the movies= 0 line but it also disables all the movies of the game (menu bckgrnd, infiltration, etc).

Can anyone help me??
    "Greeks dont mod like modders, modders mod like greeks." -PorkyJack
    10 new captain models (campaign map) to download