Thread: 4.0

Default 4.0

What happened to version 4.0 ? Its canceled ? If yes, what happened to units made for 4.0 ?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 4.0

As far as I know development stopped about three years ago when mod leader Sicilian Vespers disapeared from TWC live. I have no idea abou the fate of those amazing units.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    As far as I know development stopped about three years ago when mod leader Sicilian Vespers disapeared from TWC live. I have no idea abou the fate of those amazing units.
    I've sent my part of units but yes, he disapeared when Hungary map modification was near to be ok for Dome's Hungarians units implementation.

paleologos did released Norman knights and proposed to implement them in SV.3.3( if I'm not mistaking)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...skins-is-ready

_______________________________________________________________________________-----------

I must say sometimes I'm attempted to mod again SV3.3, but its need to build a new team. And well...modding the whole map with all its unit rosters/4 eras is a real nightmar. It sounds cool but the amount of work is inhuman.

What I would like the most is a Sicilian Vespers mod on the eponym period, but on a smaller map, like the one of Italia Invicta/Paeninsula Italica II

http://www.moddb.com/mods/paeninsula...n-map#imagebox

This allows to get a good variety of factions and respective unit rosters(italian, south french, aragonese, romans, maghrebians, croatians, germans) without to have to re-create entire new rosters for the whole map.

I don't have anymore the units I've sent to SV years ago, but I would like to start a new project based on SV principles, focusing on its first purpose(THE Sicilian Vespers...1282 A.D), its would keep the spirit(with modding concepts I love!) but with less ambitious goals.

Please post here or contact me by P.M

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    I've sent my part of units but yes, he disapeared when Hungary map modification was near to be ok for Dome's Hungarians units implementation.

paleologos did released Norman knights and proposed to implement them in SV.3.3( if I'm not mistaking)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...skins-is-ready

_______________________________________________________________________________-----------

I must say sometimes I'm attempted to mod again SV3.3, but its need to build a new team. And well...modding the whole map with all its unit rosters/4 eras is a real nightmar. It sounds cool but the amount of work is inhuman.

What I would like the most is a Sicilian Vespers mod on the eponym period, but on a smaller map, like the one of Italia Invicta/Paeninsula Italica II

http://www.moddb.com/mods/paeninsula...n-map#imagebox

This allows to get a good variety of factions and respective unit rosters(italian, south french, aragonese, romans, maghrebians, croatians, germans) without to have to re-create entire new rosters for the whole map.

I don't have anymore the units I've sent to SV years ago, but I would like to start a new project based on SV principles, focusing on its first purpose(THE Sicilian Vespers...1282 A.D), its would keep the spirit(with modding concepts I love!) but with less ambitious goals.

Please post here or contact me by P.M
    Totally offtopic but can you please tell me why there is no music and speak in this otherwise so great mod?

when relased?

@VINC.XXIII

That is a good idea. Is there a chance to make atleast 3.4 version, instead of 4.0? Just a little bit more historical accuracy, and bug fixes cause there are a few, maybe some new graphics. Im modding this mod over years, for my personal campaign. Now it grew a little. Its based on Serbia predominantly, but if few people can do little work on each faction, mod could make trough to, as i've said, at least 3.4 version. Some time in the future, i'm thinking of releasing my work as a submod for SV, centered around Serbia ( historical and advanced family tree,new characters, new province and settlement, new names for character and historical regions, loading screen pics, loading screen qoutes, bug fixes that i've managed to fix etc, minor notepad stuff), but i would rather see my small work as a part of new and updated version of this mod. Especialy cause i like to play to play this mod a lot, not only with Serbs, but also with other smaller factions like Bulgaria, Romania, Scotland.Its way more fun when you have to struggle your way up.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrado View Post
    @VINC.XXIII

That is a good idea. Is there a chance to make atleast 3.4 version, instead of 4.0? Just a little bit more historical accuracy, and bug fixes cause there are a few, maybe some new graphics. Im modding this mod over years, for my personal campaign. Now it grew a little. Its based on Serbia predominantly, but if few people can do little work on each faction, mod could make trough to, as i've said, at least 3.4 version. Some time in the future, i'm thinking of releasing my work as a submod for SV, centered around Serbia ( historical and advanced family tree,new characters, new province and settlement, new names for character and historical regions, loading screen pics, loading screen qoutes, bug fixes that i've managed to fix etc, minor notepad stuff), but i would rather see my small work as a part of new and updated version of this mod. Especialy cause i like to play to play this mod a lot, not only with Serbs, but also with other smaller factions like Bulgaria, Romania, Scotland.Its way more fun when you have to struggle your way up.
    I also did some work on modding it for my own use. As I previously did a lot of work in the now abandoned Regions&Provinces mod, I knew what I wanted from traits, ancillaries and family trees. Not to mention CBUR implementation. However, I focused mostly on the Dark Age campaign, which is fun to play with and has a lot of room for improvement. There are a lot of bugs, especially in triggers and scripts.

I've fixed some of the bugs in triggers and scripts with help of Gigantus, so you can try it
    HTML Code:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?747478-Market-bug-fixed!-other-fixes

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrado View Post
    I've fixed some of the bugs in triggers and scripts with help of Gigantus, so you can try it
    HTML Code:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?747478-Market-bug-fixed!-other-fixes
    Yeah, I know about those. Installed them already. Gigantus did a lot of work on Regions&Provinces as well.

Long time i didnt be on this forums but still SV 3.3 is installed with 3 age TW and Eras TW as by far best mods. Nevertheless i tried to suggest few years ago SV when he was active about unit roster and map changes (serbian one and others) hoping that he will move this great mod further.
    Well SV 4.0 would be great idea to recreate but as forum user above said is quite big job.

IMHO i think why to do sv 4.0 as era based mod instead of that use vanila map mode from 1080 map and embed as more as u can features of SV series is much better than to try to creat sv 4.0 era by era. it will almost half the time needed for new stuff or add.
    I could suggest some map changes and which is more important unit names should move from latin to english as i suggested first time to SV.

And milion dollar q is would be any people interested to do this?