Page 37 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1227282930313233343536373839404142434445464762 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

It's a Giraffe's Avatar Laetus
    New York; but not the city, the other part

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: Campaign Map Master Thread

So I don't see what the problem is. Does Zsimmortal want Cilician Armenia to be able to re-form Armenia when they conquer the province? I'm sure that could be done in a similar way to re-creating the Roman Empire in Charlemagne.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by It's a Giraffe View Post
    So I don't see what the problem is. Does Zsimmortal want Cilician Armenia to be able to re-form Armenia when they conquer the province? I'm sure that could be done in a similar way to re-creating the Roman Empire in Charlemagne.
    The best idea what i have read here. Such event would refresh the campaign and provide more immersion. That should be done definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by It's a Giraffe View Post
    No, emergent factions are simply an assigned rebel group. I'm pretty sure the current map will not be the final product since there's at least one modification I want to have done in that region. The Attila province of Armenia would, as per that map, would have an Armenian faction cored to that region, which could also be released forcefully.

This whole discussion has become completely pointless however, as it has, as usual, devolved into a petty argument over 'my history vs. your history', so I'm going to stay out of it and work on plausible solutions away from here.

The whole emergent faction mechanic is outstanding! When it's done in a right way, it naturally gives another layer of historical immersion which everyone is looking for in the historical titles.
    In this particular case with Armenia to be reunited and returned to historical arena with it's ancestral land and spirutal shrines make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    No, emergent factions are simply an assigned rebel group. I'm pretty sure the current map will not be the final product since there's at least one modification I want to have done in that region. The Attila province of Armenia would, as per that map, would have an Armenian faction cored to that region, which could also be released forcefully.

This whole discussion has become completely pointless however, as it has, as usual, devolved into a petty argument over 'my history vs. your history', so I'm going to stay out of it and work on plausible solutions away from here.
    Will Armenia have it's own unit roster when it gonna be released or will it have the same roster with Cilicians?

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Will Armenia have it's own unit roster when it gonna be released or will it have the same roster with Cilicians?
    I don't know since I'm only involved with a few factions on my side. You'd best ask the person working on Cilicia or the Caucasus region.

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    I doubt Armenia will have its own roster, since it will just be an emergent rebel faction (in the current version of the map), and non-playable. I guess it would probably just use the Cilician roster, since the Cilician Armenians are probably intended as a playable faction eventually, unlike the "emergent rebel faction".
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    I doubt Armenia will have its own roster, since it will just be an emergent rebel faction (in the current version of the map), and non-playable. I guess it would probably just use the Cilician roster, since the Cilician Armenians are probably intended as a playable faction eventually, unlike the "emergent rebel faction".
    Yes, Cilician Armenia is on a list of playable faction at the moment and same roster for Armenia actually makes good sesne.
    I also wanted to ask if I can provide sources to devs to give Cilician Armenia a better unit roster, right now that roster seems overlooked a bit. Of course, only if it's needed. Actually, one of my all time favorite modes - Broken Crescent made perfect job in that area.
    Also I have a collection of Armenian Sacred Music of 5th-13th centuries, and more, which can add so much to immersion if this game support music attached to a certaian factions.
    Some short examples http://melody.su/en/catalog/classic/778/
    Last edited by Vardano; December 25, 2016 at 01:26 PM.

Music would be terrific, but we still don't have the ability to apply that in the mod due to the lack of tools to do so.

But there was a way to mod the muic, right? I hope that this guy who found it will report once again. Did Mr. J further research on this theme?

The person who has claimed to discovering music implementation has not responded to any request by mod teams on how to do so. I'd rather not get any hopes up and take it with a pinch of salt..

I have a question why is the Bulgarian fraction icon brown instead of red. Is there a reason, because it is absolutely unaccurate.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lion8000 View Post
    I have a question why is the Bulgarian fraction icon brown instead of red. Is there a reason, because it is absolutely unaccurate.
    Dude its Total War - where everybody got themed colors for pajamas ....

Blak's Avatar Libertus

so when is the map comming out , I am very excited to playing on it

Hello everyone, just wanted to put this up for discussion. In an effort to break the Iranian emergent block, here's an idea for the Greater Iran region. Discuss

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also a potential add would be the Kurdish Ardalan tribe in the Hamadan region.
    Last edited by zsimmortal; January 05, 2017 at 09:12 PM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Furthermore the Bavandid dynasty was not ruling anything at all from 1210-1238 or so, the region should at games start be a khwarezmid province.
    Although ray isn't in tabaristan anyhow and thus not under bavandid control anytime.

Other contestors include the safaviya order, for many centuries based in Gilan, eventually becoming the safavids. And also the Nizari Ismaili order based in nearby Alamut, in fact I think it's nearest to Ray of any of the factions (Though otherwise not the most important, even if it did extend influence all the way to the sham)

We need some kurdish chiefdoms, it is ridiculous that the various "koynlu turks" have basicly all of central kurdish lands as their starting regions. Add some kurdish, armenian factions instead.

But the way the provinces are made hamadan wouldn't be ideal for the ardalan chiefdom, a) it was outside it and b) most of the province is also outside it.
    The best situated kurdish cities are erbil and especially diyarbakir, earlier capital of the kurdish marwanid dynasty.
    Of course there is a lot of overlap between kurds, arabs and turks, culturally and militarily. They don't need their own category anyhow, just add some kurd units or something.

Also worth mentioning as a possible state in diyarbakir region is the artuqid turkmen dynasty. Could be there even at the start of the game, the main (independent) branch conquered diyarbakir city in 1198 apperantly.
    Last edited by Linke; January 06, 2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Furthermore the Bavandid dynasty was not ruling anything at all from 1210-1238 or so, the region should at games start be a khwarezmid province.
    Although ray isn't in tabaristan anyhow and thus not under bavandid control anytime.
    It's why I'm going to have them moved to emergents, such as the map I made. I don't think being rigid about provinces and cities is quite the way to go about it honestly, since we're stuck with Attila provinces and cities.

Other contestors include the safaviya order, for many centuries based in Gilan, eventually becoming the safavids. And also the Nizari Ismaili order based in nearby Alamut, in fact I think it's nearest to Ray of any of the factions (Though otherwise not the most important, even if it did extend influence all the way to the sham)
    The Safaviyya order didn't exist until later in the 13th century and didn't become significantly powerful until the late 15th, so I'm not too convinced it's relevant to add. I'm adding some Safaviyya-inspired units for the Khwarazmian T3 roster, so they're not completely absent.

I actually thought about the Nizari Ismailis but I just don't think they're relevant enough, being hidden in Alamut fortress for the most part and destroyed by the Mongols a few decades into the game. I've actually heard from a college lecture that they might even be less relevant than originally thought because they became people that could be blamed for a lot of things (Malik Shah's assassination notwithstanding).

We need some kurdish chiefdoms, it is ridiculous that the various "koynlu turks" have basicly all of central kurdish lands as their starting regions. Add some kurdish, armenian factions instead.

But the way the provinces are made hamadan wouldn't be ideal for the ardalan chiefdom, a) it was outside it and b) most of the province is also outside it.
    The best situated kurdish cities are erbil and especially diyarbakir, earlier capital of the kurdish marwanid dynasty.
    Of course there is a lot of overlap between kurds, arabs and turks, culturally and militarily. They don't need their own category anyhow, just add some kurd units or something.

Also worth mentioning as a possible state in diyarbakir region is the artuqid turkmen dynasty. Could be there even at the start of the game, the main (independent) branch conquered diyarbakir city in 1198 apperantly.
    I didn't look at the Kurdistan region for emergents, so I guess it would need to be a discussion of its own. The main issue is no significant Kurdish state existed in the period and the Turkoman tribes actually had a significant impact (the Aq Qoyunlu moreso than the Qara Qoyunlu). I'm not exactly fond of their existence as emergents however, since the events that brought them to those regions had not happened in 1212.
    Last edited by zsimmortal; January 06, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

I have to say that I really think some people here probably need to lower their "suggestions" a la demands with regard to some of the potential factions.

Looks good! On to the next!
    Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    Hello everyone, just wanted to put this up for discussion. In an effort to break the Iranian emergent block, here's an idea for the Greater Iran region. Discuss

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also a potential add would be the Kurdish Ardalan tribe in the Hamadan region.