Thread: Crash on unique or notable maps!

Icon1 Crash on unique or notable maps!

Hi there, I have recently downloaded third age 3.2 on my mac and the game is running fine except when I try to play a unique map such as the Black Gate, Minus Tirith, Minus Morgul or any of the notable locations. This is on the custom and campaign game mods and i do not know why. I have tried to delete the description.geography files and turned off auto setting for the clock however nothing so far has worked. The crash also happens after the loading screen of entering the battle but there is no image of the map after that and it throws me out. It will let me auto resolve just fine and this only happens when I select to fight the battle myself.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Crash on unique or notable maps!

I Third Age Total War to work, the only problem is is that most of the costume maps do not work and all scenarios are black screen on the campaign map is there any way to fix this?

The game crashes when i try to play on some of the custom maps like edoras isengard etc... some posible solution on mac

There is some sort of bug or compatibility issue with the custom settlements on Macs, and there is at this point no fix or solution. Feral Interactive has stated that they are aware of it, and are going to fix it, but that it is very low on their priorities.

For the moment, and probably for a long time to come, we have to try to make do without them. If you delete the unique settlement files you will be able to play on a standard MTW2 castle/citadel etc instead of the custom ones. This thread has all the information about this bug, the information we have got back from Feral Interactive, and how to delete the unique settlements. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-have-M2/page6)