Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.6 - Easy and painfree Installation

I have noticed a bug with the Border Princes. When u capture Vidovdan I know they added a new script to spawn in a "prince of Vidovdan" well that causes ctds. Its a 25% chance to fire per turn but it causes a ctd. It seems that maybe the x/y coordinates are off or something but I just disabled the percentage chance and it stopped the ctd. So if anyone wants to play border princes without crash after taking Vidovdan, go to the mod folder RoDG16/Data/World/maps/Imperial Campaign/campaign script, then search up and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists knyaz_5_anc it should take u to the script. Than just change the randompercent to 0 it means u wont get a free general but it will stop ctds.

Same problem as zipscool, downloaded everything , folowed the rules, and when the screen freezes , it just crashes after some time, i am going mad, pls help mr.lizard.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bb...em.log.txt.zip

I had the same problem with freezing UI at the beginning.

However, after trying every combination of patch and quickfix, I noticed that the Freezing portion is because the AI is doing moves/scripts. That's why the loading symbol is your cursor and you can click on your cities and it's laggy. Hitting spacebar worked once for me. Havent tried it with patches or anything yet.

EDIT: Confirmed. Have both patches and both hotfixes installed. Just have to left&right click for 30 or so seconds before the campaign(at least on dwarf. confirmed on tomb kings too)
    Last edited by Rickilicious; April 16, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickilicious View Post
    I had the same problem with freezing UI at the beginning.

However, after trying every combination of patch and quickfix, I noticed that the Freezing portion is because the AI is doing moves/scripts. That's why the loading symbol is your cursor and you can click on your cities and it's laggy. Hitting spacebar worked once for me. Havent tried it with patches or anything yet.

EDIT: Confirmed. Have both patches and both hotfixes installed. Just have to left&right click for 30 or so seconds before the campaign(at least on dwarf. confirmed on tomb kings too)
    Wait so just hold the mouse and wont crash, can you try with chaos? I am having the same problem CTD when it freezes but I cannot upload a log so I hope gig can add a reply.

Just be patient. It takes a couple of minutes for everything to load. Go have a smoke or two or coffee and after 5-10 min or so max everything works perfectly. Keep in mind, graphics need to be low with some medium to have stable game. I have a crash every 2-4 hours but with regular saves this is never a problem. Lower graphics provide more stability etc...

Quote Originally Posted by stevieshae View Post
    Wait so just hold the mouse and wont crash, can you try with chaos? I am having the same problem CTD when it freezes but I cannot upload a log so I hope gig can add a reply.

hey I don't know why it doesn't work but has soon as I start the mod it CTD in the loading screen....

oh and here is my log
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi! I got a widescreen laptop and I wonder if there a program that allows me to play in widescreen. thanks

i have installed everything into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

here is my log
    18:37:39.625 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:37:39.625 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    18:37:39.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:37:39.687 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:37:39.718 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:37:39.765 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:37:39.796 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:37:39.812 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:37:39.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    18:37:39.953 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/teutonic/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    18:37:43.500 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    18:37:43.531 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    18:37:43.546 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    18:37:43.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    18:37:43.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    18:37:43.765 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    18:37:48.984 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

Hello there, I installed everything like you said. And I started campgain, but in one moment it crashed with a message:"Sigma perserve us, chaos has taken over!".

First, I laughed and started again, but in some other moment when I wanted to save, it crashed with a same message. Please, help me get fix this problem.

I'm really big fan of this mod. Thanks

*preserve us

Quote Originally Posted by grsspirit View Post
    Hi! I got a widescreen laptop and I wonder if there a program that allows me to play in widescreen. thanks
    You should simply check the widescreen option in the game's video setting...

But if you mean disabling the window mode, this can helps you.

And why exactly did you have to remove population growth?? Why is a town not allowed to grow to a city anymore? What are all buildings with health bonus and food good for if there is no growth? And if a settlement gets sacked or wiped out how is it suppoed to grow back? And some of the new settlements have only restricted buildings if anybody conquers them. I'll go back to version 1.5.1. This isn't improvement to disable half of the games features for some new races. This is worsening.

BrodY's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Benomacer View Post
    And why exactly did you have to remove population growth?? Why is a town not allowed to grow to a city anymore? What are all buildings with health bonus and food good for if there is no growth? And if a settlement gets sacked or wiped out how is it suppoed to grow back? And some of the new settlements have only restricted buildings if anybody conquers them. I'll go back to version 1.5.1. This isn't improvement to disable half of the games features for some new races. This is worsening.
    Why so pissed? It's widely known that 1.6, as of yet, is still in beta. So no one is forced to play it. And if they do, they have to be aware of and accept the consequences of this fact while it's under development. It's clearly stated that 1.6 IS a beta still, so no need to get mad. I'm using 1.5.1 until 1.6 is finished. You can hardly call it "worsening" if it has been deactivated until further notice due to a development reason, now can you? Shape up.
    Last edited by BrodY; April 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Yes you're right Sorry. I just have a bad day today that keeps getting worse and this was the one thing I was looking forward to was playing this version I installed yesterday and then i found out it isn't what I expected.

i have seen other players have this error too. Last post was an February 21. Is it sloved?
    The last entry in the logfile before sigmars massage is:

AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/engine/plagueclaw_default.CAS'

Hello there again

Well, I'm using Gigantus 1.6 version and I installed all like it said there(few times reinstalled whole game). I can't say my crashes have a exactly place where they happen, but it's allways on the end of turn. Sometimes is on first, sometimes on third, and yesterday morning I wanted to take a test, after I reinstalled once more, if it's going to crash if I just click end turn withouth playing - and it didn't because I got to 13th turn. Then I tried last night same thing, and it crashed after second when I clicked on end of turn. Then, before 15 minutes, it crashed after second again. I almost forgot, yesterday when I just clicked away turns, I was getting in battles(3 or) and getting out of them just to see if it would crash, but it didn't.

This my system specs:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    Memory 8.0 GB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

And thank you really for taking your time, but I would really love to know if is anything to do to solve my problem. Thank you again
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi guys,

unfortunately I have the same problem as some other people in this thread.

I can assure that I followed the instructions regarding the installation of the mod to the letter. That means all three parts and patches as well as quickfixes were installed correctly. In addition, I also clicked the language(ENG)-button after installing the main parts and the patches as well as at the end of the whole process.

When I click on the desktop icon to start the mod now, the loading screen appears for a few secs and then I get a CTD shortly afterwards. So I do not get into the game/mod main menu at all

I run the steam version of Medieval 2 with all four parts of the Kingdoms-DLC and I nearly tried every idea of solving that kind of problem mentioned in this thread already.

A few days ago I had my other version of Medieval 2 installed (Medieval 2 Gold-Edition DVD-Retail-Version). The mod have worked perfectly with this particular version and I did not change anything in the way of installating the mod.

I really hope that somebody can help with because I would like to play the mod in multiplayer with a couple of friends. My system log is attached to this post.

Best regards
    SG-Zwerg

M2TW.system.log.txt

Okay, reinstalled the mod and it seems to have done something as I can now play as factions other than the four Chaos Pantheons. That said, most of the Empire Counties crash on start-up, as do the Border Princes. Not as massive an issue as I had beforehand but a fix for all of them would be most welcome as the 1.6 beta carries on

i got problems when i start the game it says the "sigma" error.
    log: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yu...system.log.txt
    iam useing win 8.1 and tryed to install it 3 times but always the same :/ anyone can help ? :/