Thread: Creating a World - Implementing custom campaigns for single player and hotseat

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Creating a World - Implementing custom campaigns for single player and hotseat

The principleCustom Campaigns have as common base all the files outside the world folder. These can then be used to to create any number of campaigns, the diversity of which is only limited by the common files.
    A very good example is the Custom Campaign Mod 2 which was actually the inspiration for this resource.
    File SetupCreate a folder structure for your custom campaign: ...\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Mod_Name
    You will have to add these basic map files to the Mod_Name folder, they would normally be in the base and imperial_campaign folder:
    Code:
    campaign_script.txt
    description.txt - simple text file containing a description of the campaign
    descr_disasters.txt
    descr_events.txt
    descr_mercenaries.txt
    descr_regions.txt
    descr_sounds_music_types.txt
    descr_strat.txt
    descr_terrain.txt
    descr_win_conditions.txt
    descr_faction_movies.xml - required with relevant entry if you use custom factions (packed file, not included in download)
    map_climates.tga
    map_FE.tga
    map_features.tga
    map_fog.tga
    map_ground_types.tga
    map_heights.tga
    map_regions.tga
    map_roughness.tga
    map_trade_routes.tga
    radar_map1.tga
    radar_map2.tga
    radar_map_background.tga
    water_surface.tga

For better immersion you should add faction maps, victory maps (short and long campaign) and, if desired, faction leader portraits.
    - The data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file from your mod needs to be copied and renamed to My_Mod_regions_and_settlement_names.txt and placed in the data\text folder.
    - The data\text\campaign_descriptions.txt file requires some additional lines for your custom campaign. You will note that most files in there have the prefix of IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN, on the same principle you have to add your mod's entry, Example:
    Code:
    {MOD_NAME_TITLE}My Mod
    {MOD_NAME_TURKS_DESCR}The Turks may very much...
    {MOD_NAME_TURKS_TITLE}The Turks
    Finishing touchesAll that is left now is to download the supporting files, simply place the ZIP file into the mods\My_Mod\data folder and extract there. This will add the mt2w.lnt file that controls the menu lay out plus required graphics files. Please make a back up of your data\menu\textures\fe_texture1.tga file if you have customized it. After extracting compare the layout of your file with the new file - there are two versions of the file and you will have to use my file's layout.
    Remarks and Download linkThe downloadable files as well as two sample set ups have been included in my Bare Geomod set up as of version 2.0
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2022 at 07:06 AM. Reason: added descr_faction_movies to list