View Poll Results: Pikemen animation or spearmen animation

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pikeanimation means the weapon's range is increase and the soldiers actually hit with the visible spear point in game, but the animation and soldier model isn't entirely perfect

5 45.45%
  • Spearmen animation means the weapon's 'invisible' range to start hitting enemies is shorter unlike piker, meaning it looks kind off when fighting but the walking, running, form-up animations are perfect.

6 54.55%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: MOS 1.7_Hobbit Trilogy_Dwarves_Units 5/8/2016 REDONE

I just wanted to say this:

If you are adding the units to DAC, then you have to use the battle_models.modeldb-file found in the dwarven download, as that one has both the dwarven and the elven units incorporated in it.

The one in the elven download only has the elves.

And i think you need to add both mods, but i am not sure- as the modeldb-file have all the text added for both the elves and the dwarves when adding the dwarves.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

The sword_guard-files I left them in there, um, those mesh files and stuff are for a dwarf unit that I used to have in the mod(think version 3 I believe) that had the erebor armor and a greatsword
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

But anyways...total war:warhammer....I had no idea this had taken place, I was under the impression that it would not be possible, that it would be a tragic ending....I pondered about the argument that could be made in favor, I constantly reached the conclusion that it would be more profitable and positive for the companies if they made this true....and alas, they did:

CA sat down with Games Workshop and managed to make them agree to make TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER MOD SUPPORTED!!!! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

We get every tool you can think of, idk about campaign editor though, but it may come around.
    Someone on reddit lol...I remember saying that expecting GamesWorkshop to allow mod support is like expecting the SSS to give you ice cream after burning your village. Guess they were wrong.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

@King Brian

When will you release mod with dwarves and elves together? If you want to make dale submod, units from rise of mordor are really good to it.

Yea I'll be releasing a new mod with the dwarf and elf changes together, I think I'll work on it on Saturday.......I kinda god hooked on Total War: Warhammer >.>, well that and I've been modding it.
    My steam name is Mr.Rieper btw if anyone wants to know, I never bother telling anyone, cause I got a very robust mod for Rome 2 in the workshop, and some minor ones for Attila. I've also been known as The Republic, The Savior(lol), and the one I started out with: The Reaper
    "

OMG KING BRIAN I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE NOW IM GOING TO GOD DAMN ORDER TOTAL WAR HAMMER!!!!!!!!!! ..... YOU JUST BROKE THE GREATEST NEWS EVER!!!!! AND I SEE A GREAT FUTURE WITH YOU IN THE MODDING COMMUNITY IN TOTAL WAR HAMMER!!!!!!!! THIRD AGE TOTAL WAR HAHAHAH A FUTURE IS BRIGHTEST FOR YOU IN TOTAL WAR HAMMER MODDING COMMUNITY!!!!!

Just a question, does the whole TATW community know about this ??? or are we the only ones? and a few? but I guess all the modders who are looking closely with the modding support knows about this already since its a ground breaking thing that the company of that game will not regret, supporting mods for the game just kick started its great future

ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE GOOD NEWS....

And those dwarves are still kickin it !!!! WARHAMMER STYLE! AND SOON!!!!!!! TATW STYLE IN THE NEAR 4 years or so hahahhahaha!!!!!!!! although errors in medieval 2 can make it quite depressing , I should upgrade pc to make way for total war awesomeness and a possible 3rd age total war mod which will surely require huge amounts of space xD CHEERS!

Total War: Warhammer has too few playable factions right now, and they are faction specific in a way that doesn't suit the Third Age-factions.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

That's bound to change soon enough with free dlcs and with expansions(still waiting for my elves). The only problem is that the one thing games workshop did not agree on was to allow third party content as a mod, aka= A lord of the rings conversion for example. But I have my reasons to believe that part of the contract is gonna gonna change eventually, or become void, and is not blind hope. I'm talking about their business, I get the feeling they may really go out of business, their leverage won't be as strong, I don't think they can just depend on gaming companies to make money, 3d printers is ruining their market......I get the feeling they will agree to any change to the agreement or sum of money in exchange for their IPs before closing shop, sometime in the near future, perhaps 1 to 1.5 years from now.
    "

K here you go guys, my work(the dwaves) and Shurshun's from this thread put together into one for MOS 1.7

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post14990133
    "

I was wondering if it was just me having these problems. But the Iron Guard and the Iron Foot Pikemen, while having spear animations for the majority of the time, still smack the opponents with their spear as though
    it were a sword. I figured it had something to do with the line "23 MTW2_Dwarf_Mace_Primary" In the unit's entry in the BMDB but even if I changed that to a spear anim, the sword swings still show up. and if I changed the "17 MTW2_Goblin_Spear 0" to a human spear anim, they retain their short stature, but hold the shield so it's phasing through their body. Is this something I'm gonna have to live with?

Mind you, while I do have this for MoS, I ported these units to Leo's Alternative Patch as that's what I play most. Idk if that has some bearing on my problem
    Thanks for the help in advance!

I've never one noticed that, do you mean the animation where they hit them, make them do a 180 as they fall to the floor, and then stab the enemy on the back when he's on the floor? Cause that's part of the spearmen animation, other than that, idk what you mean by smacking them. Anyways, seems like you messed around with the files too much, reinstall and leave it as it was, it was fine before. I honestly don't know what you mean by smacking with their spears, but that's better than having their shields phasing through their bodies lol, so just revert those files to what they once where and then tell me in detail what you mean exactly.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by King Brian View Post
    I've never one noticed that, do you mean the animation where they hit them, make them do a 180 as they fall to the floor, and then stab the enemy on the back when he's on the floor? Cause that's part of the spearmen animation, other than that, idk what you mean by smacking them. Anyways, seems like you messed around with the files too much, reinstall and leave it as it was, it was fine before. I honestly don't know what you mean by smacking with their spears, but that's better than having their shields phasing through their bodies lol, so just revert those files to what they once where and then tell me in detail what you mean exactly.
    Oh no not that lol, I'm talking about for the base attack. Like most of the times they would make a stabbing motion with their spear, but sometimes they would swing their spear using the sword animations, ala the Dwarven Warriors' basic attack anim. I mean it isn't that bad, but I'm just curious. I'll keep looking into it lol.

So I looked into it more, and it turns out the sword slashing animation for the spears is just part of the Goblin spear animation. Makes sense for the goblins cuz their spears have a few curved blades amongst their ranks, but it looks awkward for pikemen, such as the Iron Hill Pikemen. I doubt there's a fix without going into the game files and editing the goblin spears to remove the sword swinging anim, something I have no idea what to do lol

The hobbit trilogy dwarfs for DAC are crashing my game every time I have them on the custom battle. I can use the elves but if I select the dwarfs with upgrades it just crashes at the loading screen.

Vangar's Avatar Tiro

Since this is a really long thread I don't know if it has been brought up, by I have the strong suspicion that adding these units kills the "aid your allies" script. My Dwarven campaign crashes whenever the aid I send to an allied invasion target should arrive as the script looks for removed units. I suspect the same will happen every time a script is supposed to be spawning units of Erebor (Fires of Gondor events, counter invasions etc.)

These scripts need to be added to the submod to spawn the correct units or you have to disable these features playing MOS

Quote Originally Posted by H_GT View Post
    The hobbit trilogy dwarfs for DAC are crashing my game every time I have them on the custom battle. I can use the elves but if I select the dwarfs with upgrades it just crashes at the loading screen.
    If units are crashing the game, then the crash log will tell you exactly why. Although I would say, Hobbit inspired Dwarves are already in DaC V0.52 and they are crash free. However, if you just can't say no to these ones, they have been implemented in V1.

Quote Originally Posted by H_GT View Post
    Do you mean the ones i uploaded?

They should work- you have to use the dwarven download and replace the old files. Not the elven download because that will only add the elven units. Or, you just add the elven add-on first -and then you overwrite it with the dwarven one. I can't remember that i have missed any file.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Vangar View Post
    Since this is a really long thread I don't know if it has been brought up, by I have the strong suspicion that adding these units kills the "aid your allies" script. My Dwarven campaign crashes whenever the aid I send to an allied invasion target should arrive as the script looks for removed units. I suspect the same will happen every time a script is supposed to be spawning units of Erebor (Fires of Gondor events, counter invasions etc.)

These scripts need to be added to the submod to spawn the correct units or you have to disable these features playing MOS
    I have that problem too. Is there a fix for it?

Default Re: MOS 1.7-The Hobbit Dwarf Units PATCH 3.0!! 2/27/2016

Hi Mr. King! I have a big BIG problem. I can only use the iron foot units in custom battles ((
    How can i change the recruitment requires so i can recruit iron foot pikemen and else in erebor for example? And i have a bug or something because i cant rercruit any iron foot units in my campaign. My iron hills region is maxed out. all buildings built but in my barracks i dont have them. PLEASE HELP

Default Re: MOS1.7-The Hobbit dwarf units [UPDATE! Iron Foot Pikemen - 1/7/2016]

hey there, first of all ths looks absolutely incredible and im thankful for your work. second of all I have a question. (Of course). Would it be possible to convert these files to be compatible with the original vanilla tatw 3.2 files? as Im not a massive fan of some of the other changes inherent to the MOS mod and id be interested in simply changing these skins in the original mod.