Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Rome 2 - Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Updated 2/13/16

Default Re: [RELEASE] Rome 2 - Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta)

Thank you !

Default Re: [RELEASE] Rome 2 - Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Have you been able to fix the issue from the Augustus mapwhere the farms and Aqueducts don’t show on the campaign map?
    Any answer on this?

Default Re: [RELEASE] Rome 2 - Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta) - Updated 8/15/15

I'll look into that. Never noticed, to be honest.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [RELEASE] Rome 2 - Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta) - Updated 8/15/15

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    In AE units should rout with 30% losses and charge speeds have been reduced so more men escape.
    Concerning the charge speed, charging with such slowness looks ridiculous, Iīd rather you reduced the charging distance instead.
    The maximum charge speed which can effectively be used against enemies and without disrupting the battle line too much can be reached at a rather small distance, any more would just be a waste of energy.

How far would this affect precursor weapon behavior?

Itīs an entirely different thing with hoplites though, Iīve recently read a theory that a charge would have been more about releasing pre-battle stress and avoiding unwanted missile fire.
    According to this theory, hoplites would reform their lines before the actual conflict.

Best regards
    Last edited by Maetharin; August 15, 2015 at 09:29 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    I'll look into that. Never noticed, to be honest.
    You sir, are awesome!

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Great timeline in the TWC news, people!
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Have pikemen/phalanxes been fixed from the DEI version? I know they were kinda broken in that

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    Great timeline in the TWC news, people!
    What timeline?

Also pikemen haven't been fixed. There's also precious little we can do to fix them.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Gents,

why wont my armies move once i place them to sea? They can only go by ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    Gents,

why wont my armies move once i place them to sea? They can only go by ships?
    OOPS FIGURED IT OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Concerning the charge speed, charging with such slowness looks ridiculous, Iīd rather you reduced the charging distance instead.
    The maximum charge speed which can effectively be used against enemies and without disrupting the battle line too much can be reached at a rather small distance, any more would just be a waste of energy.

How far would this affect precursor weapon behavior?

Itīs an entirely different thing with hoplites though, Iīve recently read a theory that a charge would have been more about releasing pre-battle stress and avoiding unwanted missile fire.
    According to this theory, hoplites would reform their lines before the actual conflict.

Best regards
    I think the main problem with the charge is that the game neglects to use its speed-based animations in charges, instead using a single animation of running forwards with weapon at the ready. The other types of movement react quite well to speed adjustment, playing an appropriate stride type automatically - if you set Run to a fast walk, for example, they'll walk quickly, rather than appearing to run very slowly as they do with a charge. Unfortunately, the Charge doesn't use this system, presumably to enable the weapon-at-the-ready part of the animation. Otherwise you'd get a pretty cool visual of the men advancing forwards with weapons ready, at a controlled enough pace they could actually USE said weapons effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    I think the main problem with the charge is that the game neglects to use its speed-based animations in charges, instead using a single animation of running forwards with weapon at the ready. The other types of movement react quite well to speed adjustment, playing an appropriate stride type automatically - if you set Run to a fast walk, for example, they'll walk quickly, rather than appearing to run very slowly as they do with a charge. Unfortunately, the Charge doesn't use this system, presumably to enable the weapon-at-the-ready part of the animation. Otherwise you'd get a pretty cool visual of the men advancing forwards with weapons ready, at a controlled enough pace they could actually USE said weapons effectively.
    I have been working on this with new animations. I have a set now for heavy infantry that use close formations and they now stop, throw javelins and then inch slowly into combat with shields front. This stopped a billion men dying in seconds when anyone routs during battles where an organised army is the victor.

Sounds awesome! Did you use the method the Devs of DeI use for their 1.1 version?

I'm asking because you guys are official partners now^^
    I really hope both teams profit in equal measure!^^

best regards

edit: will these Animation changes be released as a seperate submod or integrated into the beta any time soon?
    I don't want to rush you, by all means take all the time you need!
    I'm just curious as hell ^^
    Last edited by Maetharin; August 17, 2015 at 10:03 PM.

"I concur!"

​Me

What do you mean the method the DeI devs used?

Also the animations will be added with our units. Well take a while.

The DeI devs wrote about their highly detailed animation changes in their 1.1 preview, they have had to do it somehow^^
    Thatīs the method I meant

"I concur!"

​Me

No my system is different to what Ritter is doing. Though we are sharing ideas so it's likely you'll see things in both mods.

thx for the quick answer, how are you achieving this, are you using pike phalanx behavior?

The Historic Hellenic Worlds or Peloponnesiakos Polemos mods from Phalangitis use it, it looks awesome, but then again the pikemen behavior made the whole thing buggy as hell when engaged at an angle f.e.

Best regards

"I concur!"

​Me

No I'm just editing all of the animations. The unit itself doesn't even have formed attack.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

The submod seems great so far, but I just have one question. Would it be possible to have a version with authentic faction and unit names, such as in default DeI? For example Rome=Roma.

I guess at some point. But we don't have the time to focus on such things atm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast