Thread: [NEW] SUBMOD: tikijoetots Battle Realism W/Option for 40unit Armies [NEW]

Default [NEW] SUBMOD: tikijoetots Battle Realism W/Option for 40unit Armies [NEW]

ACW: Battle Realism Sub-Mod

This is a little Sub-Mod that I made for ACW: Brothers vs Brothers v3.6.

Let me start off by saying that all credit goes to the amazing team that has
    brought the civil war to our computer screens. They put many many hours into
    making the mod what it is today. It's nearly perfect on its own. Saying that,
    I made this Sub-Mod for my own personal use that fits my own view of realism.
    I take no credit for any of their work that has fueled my obsession with this period
    of history for the past few years.

"""What this MOD does"""

I'm kind of an armchair historian and have read quite a bit on the civil war.
    I found the vanilla ACW Mod's Battles to be a bit too bloody. Don't get me wrong,
    the civil war was horrid. Though, an average battle in in the vanilla version see's
    armies take 70-85% losses when all is said and done. Every battle is decisive.

What’s different with my mod is that I have edited the database to make it where
    units will retreat much earlier. Depending on their experience, Units will break at
    around 15-25% casualties. I find this to be much more historically accurate in my view.
    The time out for the unit routing has been increased so the unit will retreat farther
    before reforming and rejoining the fight. I feel as if this simulates the the push and
    shove "grinding" that occurred during actual civil war battles. At around 30-40% casualties
    a unit will be shattered and retreat from the field. If too many units are routed this should
    cause a panic and some units will shatter much earlier. When all is said and done, the battle should
    end with the defeated only losing 30-45% of its men. Again, I wanted to simulate the un-decisiveness of
    civil war battles. The union was beaten many times, but Lee could never completely destroy
    the Union Army. Vice versa, After Gettysburg, it took the Union another year and a half to slowly grind
    away at lee's army until it was hopeless and the confederates surrender.

Anyways, enough rambling.

I hope you like this SUB-MOD,

If you have any comments or suggestions let me know!

"""INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS"""

Download the Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_s...ew?usp=sharing

Option One (Normal Armies) i.e. not the one made for 40unit Armies.

1. Locate your games data folder which should look something like this: C:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/empire/data
    2. Back up the two files that you will be replacing
    3. Copy and paste the two pack files in the (NormalArmy) Folder into your data folder and overwrite.
    4. Start the game and enjoy.

Option Two (40Unit Armies) ATTENTION:This does not give you 40units automatically, you must find the tutorial on twcentral and do it yourself.
    All this does is give people the option that know how to do this. All I did was double the unit recruitment cap and add my battle mechanics.

1. Locate your games data folder which should look something like this: C:/programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/empire/data
    2. Back up the two files that you will be replacing
    3. copy and past the two packfiles from the folder titled (40unitArmys2xunitCap) into your data folder and overwrite.
    4. Start the game and enjoy.

Extra: For the most realistic casualty’s ratio, I recommend ending the battle as soon as it ends and not chasing down routing units.
    Just imagine that they have reserves’ off the battle field and your men are too tired to continue the advance.

Have fun,
    TIKIJOETOTS
    Last edited by tikijoetots37; July 06, 2015 at 02:04 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [NEW] SUBMOD: tikijoetots Battle Realism W/Option for 40unit Armies [NEW]

I'm an armchair historian as well, and this seems really nice, I'll try it out right now!

Hipertenso35's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [NEW] SUBMOD: tikijoetots Battle Realism W/Option for 40unit Armies [NEW]

Thanks for the work. Hard, but without crashes. The file "uied.templates" was lost for many time... It runs fine
    I startedchanging armies of 40 units. and it works perfect. It is vital to changing the"uied.templates" row: it was a lost link. Thanks for the work: it isnice and it works. That's right: the battles are epic and will only besupported by powerful hardware.
    Modificationswith Esf editor and changing "uied.templates"needs “Alb23_Deployment_Zones”: Troops accumulate as sheep for shearing. Je ...
    Excuse the poverty of my English. And... Thanks again.

This is crashing for version 3.6.2, but I'd like to play this. Is there an update coming?