Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most kills by 1 unit in a battle?

Default Most kills by 1 unit in a battle?

I was wondering because I just defended Minas Morgul (as Rohan) vs a 75-80% full stack from Mordor. Killed about 2300 and when I checked the unit stats my ballista had killed 745!

How many have others killed with 1 unit?

Default Re: Most kills by 1 unit in a battle?

Well technically Sauron and the Balrogs count as one unit soooo

Armies

Ok, point taken but what about units that are not ridiculously overpowered? Is it possible to 1000 kills in a battle with a normal unit? If so tell me you did it, please.

745 is impressive. It's possible to get those kind of numbers with Aragorn or another general with numerous bodyguards charging 5 or 6 units of Snaga Skirmishers then chasing routers (which only counts 20% kills, but still does increase the number), but in general that ballista had a great day.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

I once took a ROhan army with a single Uruk Raider! I think they glitched, becuase the Rohan army didnt move at all, and the soldiers just stood there while they were slaughtered one by one!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

I've gotten really high kill counts with catapults at river crossings. The CPU was guarding their end with a giant blob of soldiers, and I set the catapults to flaming projectiles, totally wrecking their defensive force.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My record is a little over 1800 kills by a catapult defending Minas Ithil as Gondor

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    My record is a little over 1800 kills by a catapult defending Minas Ithil as Gondor

How did you get the catapult shots out of the fortress? Out the door or over the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    How did you get the catapult shots out of the fortress? Out the door or over the wall?
    You can stall the enemy army on the bridge and shoot your catapult from near the gate (it will refuse to fire on the nearest enemy but may fire on the blob further back), or else stall the enemy blob inside of the gate and fire the catapult from the side-angle.

Woold's Avatar Foederatus

Probably around 5-600. I usually just try to make my enemy turn their tails and flee. ^^
    One thing that could be worth saying though was when Elladan (I controlled the HE) was left alone after all the other elves had literally died defending the road to Imladris against OotMM.
    1 Elven Prince against around 100 Snaga Skirmishers (no spears left though). Kept charging back and forth and after a while, 60 of them had fallen and they finally fled.
    (the way he blew in his horn before each charge.. Epic!)

Back when the HE Generals were the (In My opinion) strongest Cavalry in the game. Can't remember if it was MOS or Vanilla though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    You can stall the enemy army on the bridge and shoot your catapult from near the gate (it will refuse to fire on the nearest enemy but may fire on the blob further back), or else stall the enemy blob inside of the gate and fire the catapult from the side-angle.
    Well only if they don't have a catapult themselves. I was hiding from a troll catapult in my battle. I got most of my kills by firing my ballista through the gate at units behind the lead enemies who were stuck at the gate. Firing at the enemy inside with a catapult seems quite risky. A little friendly fire and there goes the battle.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by regnak999 View Post
    Position your troops in a semi circle behind the main gate, I use militia in the first row (because of friendly fire) and pikemen behind (I play MOS). And a unit of catapults behind the pikemen with a straight line of sight to the gate. The enemy will mass between the inner gate and your infantry and will be a sitting duck for your catapults. The only thing you need to worry are trolls, that's why I keep Lossarnach axemen and some elite infantry in reserve.

Thanks, I will give ti a try when I play Gondor in my next campaign.

my general unit of imladris realm..had full stack of archers+3 malee light units+general vs 2 full stack armies with late swordsman of lohrien elves..in end my general killed 1600 of em and was only survived unit of my army every one else dead but i won xD

badass7's Avatar Libertus

In my current Rhun campaign, the flamethrowers usually kill 1/4 - 3/4 of an enemy army. When engaged in melee, get them on the side to let loose. You may take out a few of your own guys but they do massive damage and can easily make an enemy army rout. The most I've seen one of them kill so far is about 800!

Matamelcan's Avatar Foederatus

2300 with Annuminas Knights.

While its not my most kills, I just had an unusually accurate Catapult solo a whole Dwarven half-stack, about 800-900 as they bottlenecked their way up a hill

DaC, playing with Dol Amroth> Prince Adrahil and his Swan Knights (I think his bodyguard unit has 40-50 guys) slaughtered 2 separate 500+ Harad armies on the same turn. And they had 2 pike units and some basic spearmen units

Or Imladris, with the insanely powerful Glorfindel: easily averages 1000+ kills per battle. If his enemies don't rout first, that is. Granted, its against the weaker Angmar/OotM armies, but still

From the most kills in one battle I would have two contestants.

First the catapults from MOS Reunited kingdom mod, they are seriously overpowered. Catapult grapeshot is really, insanely powerful. Usually 400 to 500 sometimes even 1.000 kills a battle. They are a bit a superweapon. During one battle the first shot killed 11 out of 13 Ologhai, 5 out of 6 Mumikul and some 40 regular orcs. This opening salvo made the battle form a probably tough and bloody fight in a much easier one.

Second one also from MOS Reunited kingdom mod, the army of the Death. These Ghost are almost impossible to kill however, they will only fight five battles before disbanding.

Playing as Edriador, a Tol acharn against Minas Tirith was called, the army of the death was send in first. In one battle they took one three full stack of Morders best and worst. These stack did field all that Morder could put in the field. Trolls, Mumakill, Nazguls nothing was capable of harming the army of the death. Only thing that worked were siege weapons.

In the end the army of the Death lost about 50 of their 1.500 in exchange of total destruction three full stack of Mordor (10.000 men).

In the follow up battles, the normal armies helped out and in the course of 6 battles Eridador lost 859 soldiers and one general, Mordor lost 30.161 orcs, three generals, two Mumkil units a half dozen troll units and more than a dozen siege weapons.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    , Mordor lost 30.161 orcs, three generals, two Mumkil units a half dozen troll units and more than a dozen siege weapons.
    crap, that's a lot of junk to clean up

I never counted my best "killers" but surely catapults at river crossings can slaughter hundreds if not thousands of enemies. On the battlefield cavalry is always on top, mostly because of prisoners but with some of the best (like Eldar nobles) you can stomp over hundreds of enemies each battle
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast