Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Crisis II

Default Re: Imperial Crisis II

Quote Originally Posted by legend of rome ii View Post
    is it possible you can add some of the unused models pic 3 and 8 from page 16 into your mod
    These models are in mod (with other textures, Legio Gemina, i don't remember exactly).

Here is new version of Imperial Crisis II http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post15153640 (2016.23.10 post).

The update gameplay is totally different from the previous versions. Original money assistance system is included and due that barbarian factions are deadful not only in the game start, but are a big problem during whole campaign.

Next, the update contains new start positions in their biggest part according to TomySVK corrections. In the other hand, the game keeps some principal thinghs tied to an original ICII faction - Carpi.

Explanation:

1. Why nomad Alans are not a horde when the game starts.
    Alans (previously - Roxolani) faction keeps tne north of a campaign map from ahistorical invasion of Armenians, Sassanids and Germanic tribes. Succesfully keeps. Making Alans a horde will crush IC gameplay that is more or less according history now. Another moment - the game timeframes are 260-275 and according that barbarian and nomad factions are strong not by their hordes, but thier starting positions in the game.

2. Why non-nomad Carpi are a horde when the game starts.

That based on original idea from the earliest steps of creating this mod: new unique faction will included in campaign with its spicifical function and roleplay game. Carpi became the most suitable. They start as a people whixch was beaten and submitted by Goths and decided to leave their native lands. Under AI control they are "kamikaze" faction that required to break out Roman borders, increase numerous problem for Danubian Empire, destroy Roman armies and cities at the limes. Then Carpi are weakened more and more and leave a historical scene as a result.
    In my newest Roman campaign with the last update a Carpian horde after wandering and plundering Balkans marched dirctly to Aquilea and just military genius of Emperor Galienus was able to stop and destroy them and save Italy...

Under player's control an idea of Carpian faction is totally different: you receive an unique chance to take back a previous glory of Thracians. You may change different ways for that: either attack invaders Goths by whole the might of your horde (Goths are strategically stronger on the start!), or invade Moesia and firstly create your own Empire on the native Thracian lands which now belong to Roman conquerors... And just then match your forces with German ones.
    All of that promises an unique and challenge campaign for Carpi, so I don't see a necessary to make them cedentary at the start of game.
    Besides, now Carpe at last have Thracian names!

P.S. Unfortunately, the mod is not translated yed. Now I'm the single developer of ICII and a two mods else and until now didn't find enough time for that. But dont' reject an idea to convert mod into English version in the future.
    But, as earlier, that doesn't prevent skilled RTW gamers to play Imperial Crisis. Hope you'll enjoy.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

And what do you tell about gallic empire? Start pos. Etx i noticed if you play with palmyra, or a non gallic fsction, franks and alamanni can collapsr very easily and hurry on the first turns. Just postumus kill a couple of german kings and reconquer agri decumantes and alamanni disappear like faction. Some suggest? (besides that their too armored like wr noticed early, but until german roster will be changed i simulate that they captured much roman equipment in last years of chaos. like arminius army after teutoburg.).
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    And what do you tell about gallic empire? Start pos. Etx i noticed if you play with palmyra, or a non gallic fsction, franks and alamanni can collapsr very easily and hurry on the first turns. Just postumus kill a couple of german kings and reconquer agri decumantes and alamanni disappear like faction. Some suggest? (besides that their too armored like wr noticed early, but until german roster will be changed i simulate that they captured much roman equipment in last years of chaos. like arminius army after teutoburg.).
    An interesting idea is to make Germans the hiring of heavily armed soldiers, only under the condition of capture of the Roman lands.

Yes. Indeed their tried often to capture roman military granaries and armory, for have heavier equipment. (like arminius army against marcomanni. Full of roman equipmebt. But later was badly beated by germanico anycase taking his family to rome. ). In that period (3rd century) the dutch allieds,the batavi, start to disappear, merged by franks. Between 260-293 franks occupy their island early like invaders, later like foederati. Bonoso, usurper of probus, would kick away camavi from belgium/holland area, for give lands to his veterans, but he was too hurry, maked things bad, and failed to exterminate camavi in a trap, and they burned 5-6 ships on the rhine. Probus was furious for that, because he maked the impossible for rebuild rhine fleet. So bonoso usurped fearing probus punishment. Later constantius clorus resettled franks there. And batavi disappeared. But i think. That like for napoleon mamluks (in 1809-15 after 10 years, majority of mamluks wasnt real one. Only french weared like mamluks and fighting like theu, trained by they. Etc) i guess someone continue to retain a batavian name at least ubtil julian reign. Btw need a batavian cavalry unit. Batavian cavalry was one of the best in gaul, together with the cohors i batavorum (that we have in the mod. Cohors equitata maybe? Often auxilia cohors was so. Batavians wasnt many people. 30.000-40.00. They give soldiers, and shouldnt pay taxes. I guess they couldnt give too men. A cohors equitata, and some elite cavalry unit, like equites singulares and pedites too.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 25, 2016 at 02:52 PM.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Suggest also a forced diplonacy script. For the no surrender ai behave.

Someone know how to choose the heir for gallienus faction? (i wouldnt not leave the throne to who killed gallienus. Xd)

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Someone know how to choose the heir for gallienus faction? (i wouldnt not leave the throne to who killed gallienus. Xd)
    I thought it was sufficient opening the family menu and then choosing the heir. OMG! Am I wrong?

No diocle (ziano? Xd just kidding) Because claudius isnt a family membet. Is caesar like nevitta with julian. So i havent a valuable move to oppose to illiriciani for thr succession when gallienus is killed by they in 268.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 28, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

No diocle (ziano? Xd just kidding) Because claudius isnt a family membet. Is caesar like nevitta with julian. So i havent a valuable move to oppose to illiriciani for thr succession when gallienus is killed by they in 268.
    Ah, OK! Sorry. Anyway you could kill the other candidates you don't like, loading them on some liburna and then sinking them .. it's a very stilish and absolutely TWesque way to deal with such annoying gaming situations.

Nota a Margine riguardo all'uso di "Diocle" (side note concerning the use of "Diocle"):

Uso Diocle per 2 ottimi motivi: 1- Finisce con la vocale e loro odiano le parole che terminano con vocale. 2- Chi sono io per osare di utilizzare il Suo nome ch'Egli scelse quando divenne Augusto?

(En.: "I use Diocle for two good reasons: 1- It ends up with vowel and they hate words finishing with vowel. 2- Who am I for daring to use His name which He chose when He became Augustus?")

Yes. I should select another successor possibly not coming from the command of sirmium. A senator even.
    Guys i suggest a script making palmyra and rome allied until gallienus/odenath death. Where zenobia start to make palmyra indipendent. Like for julian/constantius faction in sai until 360. About the succession instead thats a problem. You build a emperor fame, woth battles, etc and in 268 both gallienus, odenath, and postumus are killed. And their killers often came on throne. (claudius, and zabdad especially. But with palmyra there s settimius herodes son of odenath. You can leave the title of caesar from zabdas and give to herodes. While postumus and gallienus is frustrating.)
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 29, 2016 at 03:53 AM.

Yes. I should select another successor possibly not coming from the command of sirmium. A senator even.
    Guys i suggest a script making palmyra and rome allied until gallienus/odenath death. Where zenobia start to make palmyra indipendent. Like for julian/constantius faction in sai until 360. About the succession instead thats a problem. You build a emperor fame, woth battles, etc and in 268 both gallienus, odenath, and postumus are killed. And their killers often came on throne. (claudius, and zabdad especially. But with palmyra there s settimius herodes son of odenath. You can leave the title of caesar from zabdas and give to herodes. While postumus and gallienus is frustrating.)
    I can barely bear Claudius but .. Zabad! Come on, you can't be Caesar of Roma if your name is Zabad! Perhaps turning his name into Zeno, or Sabatius .. it'd be enough ..

Indeed i named herodes. The son of odenath. Zabdas maybe was the lover of zenobia, sometime. Maybe. Zenobia would be a new cleopatra but she hadnt the courage of cleopatra. When captured she throw all fault on zabdas, and on her advisors, causing their execution. She sad i m a woman easily manouvrable. Its their fault. Cleopatra, a eastern absolute queen (i dont like the eastern absolutism but since i pratice some eastern cult, or chtonic cults too, like the mother goddesses, i dont blame completely cleopatra and the eastern world, i m not a catonian sure. Open to other influences. Cleopatra s absolute power on his court was disgusting , nothing to do with the primus inter pares like augustus that ever refused the title of dominus.but at least she had the courage for die bravely. While zenobia once captured was.scared and throw all fault on palmyrene generals and advisors, many heads falled. And zabdas was her servant. That forced to make suicide tenaginus probus in egypt, one of the few loyal roman officers. So, instead odenath was a client ruler that tried to make alliance with shapur early even but once shapur refused, he linked his fate to the roman cause and fought harshly persians and the usurpers. Also if wad half indipendent. Then 1000 better odenath and his son herodes, killed with the father)

AntonioHundangir, i absolutely agree with You! I wrote about this earlier! I'm trying to make Palmyra "Eastern" faction. You may have to use "diplomatic script".
    Last edited by asterion2005; November 30, 2016 at 01:25 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for the great news!

Congrats, asterion! Well deserved!

CONGRATULATIONS MASTER ASTERION
    OPTIMUS MAXIMUS!!!

Thank you friends! Will try to get the mod to perfection!Together we will make ... it!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulations Asterion, very well deserved!
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE