Hello TWC. This is our first step in bringing RTR into the Public light. On this thread we will share our progress and post some goodies to keep you guys interested. This mod is being made from the ground up, one small step at a time, because we want to get it right and make a very challenging, enjoyable, and educational mod for you all to play!

Right now, Anarchon the creator of the ALK map on the CATW forum, and myself are busy merging the Rome Total History map made by Philadelphos with my own customized regions list. Our regions list is very balanced, not too heavy or sparse in any location. The main city in every region is in this map! Also, just about every tribe and culture is represented!

Once the map is playable we will begin testing. As we test we will post screens and visuals for you all to see how are map testing is coming along!

Also, we are integrating a culture system based off XGM and XC. Each region will have a native culture, and every faction will have the option of colonizing the region after capturing the settlement. I got the idea from the Culture Shock mod for ExRM. Along with the base culture system, we will be adding the Ethnic Traits mod from XC's Suppanut. These traits further intensify the effects that characters have on the culture of the region they are in. This also gives us a way to represent the major and minor cultures of the day.

More on all of these things later when we can implement and test. We plan on making previews with screens to help you all get geared up for a very nice, clean, challenging mod!

Best regards,

~ahowl11