Thread: New battle maps for custom battles?

Icon7 New battle maps for custom battles?

Hello everyone,

Most of the battle maps that are already playable in custom battles play Western battle music, Muslim battle music or Indian battle music. I'd like to have some more battle maps for custom battles, very similar to the randomly generated ones in the Grand Campaign in North America, and with Amerindian battle music. Is it possible to make them? Thank you all so much in advance.

Default Re: New battle maps for custom battles?

It is possible to do by using this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ordz-Map-Tools tool. The download link is on the bottom of page 3. A detailed How-to comes with it, but you need some other programs too. (Also listed in the manual). Save those tools somewhere, it is as hard as never before to find working links to ETW stuff cuz they are all from 2009 and gamefront got a reset some time ago.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Thread moved from the Miscellaneous section of Empire Mod Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislavo View Post
    It is possible to do by using this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ordz-Map-Tools tool. The download link is on the bottom of page 3. A detailed How-to comes with it, but you need some other programs too. (Also listed in the manual). Save those tools somewhere, it is as hard as never before to find working links to ETW stuff cuz they are all from 2009 and gamefront got a reset some time ago.
    Hello!

Thank you so much for replying and giving useful information. Although, it's pretty hard to use this tool, as it includes a lot of things and I'm not a modder, hell, I just know some things about Pack File Manager...However, do you know where inside battlepresets and battleterrain can I find the data that changes what song each map plays? Do you also know where are the textures from the North American maps played in Grand Campaign so they can be added into the new map? Thank you so much in advance.

I am not sure, but I think that in the maps config you can choose the region where the map is set. There should be a setting for the Americas (Native music), Europe (Classical/Standard) and India (Indian traditional music). The textures for the Americas could be in the Patch1.pack etc. files, but as I said I'm not sure.

Sorry for the ignorance, but, where is the maps config and how can I open it? Thank you, and sorry for the late reply.