Thread: Roman Glory [Roman Overhaul/Reskin]

Default Roman Glory [Roman Overhaul/Reskin]

ANCIENT ROMAN GLORY

Introduction
    This is a reskin mod for both Roman factions and my first mod ever released on this website. This mod makes the Roman army more uniformed and makes it look more disciplined using the armour and weapons of the era of the game. This mod does not only change the looks of the units but in some cases also changes the names and the stats of some of the units. This mod is not historically accurate in any way but I wanted it to give the player the feeling that you are reviving their military superiority. I also changed some of the unit cards around so the reskinned versions have a better matching unit card. In campaign no there are no units with the same unit card. But some times the unit card does bit always match how the unit looks ingame.

Magister Equitum (old name: Magister Militum)
    So I changed the name because I wanted to make an infantry version called Magister Peditum. I wanted to give these units a 'Praetorian' spin.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Magister Equitum (west)

Magister Equitum (east)

Magister Peditum (old names: Numeroi & Hurculiani Seniores)
    I changed the Numeroi and Hurculiani Seniores to a unit with the same name. This unit is a infantry version of the Magister Equitem.

Magister Peditum (west)

Magister Peditum (east)

Legio Comitatus Milites (old name: Legio Comitatenses)
    I gave this unit a more legionary feeling. Some of them have medals so they still have some variety.

Legio Comitatus Milites (west)

Legio Comitatus Milites (east)

Legio Comitatus Hastati (old name: Comitatensis Spears)
    I gave them the same armour as the Legio Comitatus Milites, the only difference is their shield.

Legio Comitatus Hastati

Auxilium Milites (old name: Cohors)
    I wanted to keep a light legionary like unit. Along with this reskin I am using a mod that removes the replacement system so you can keep recruiting this unit. Removed their chainmail and gave them tunics but gave them all helmets.

Auxilium Milites (west)

Auxilium Milites (east)

Scholae Palatinae:
    I made them look like some images I found on the internet.

Scholae Palatinae (west)

Scholae Palatinae (east)

Equites Tagmata (old name: Tagmata Cavalry):
    Same as the Scholae Palatinae, I made them look like an image I found on the internet.

Equites Tagmata

Eastern Armoured Legio:
    Changed their armour from scale to chainmail and gave them plate greaves.

Eastern Armoured Legio

Armigeri Defensores:
    Out of all the units this one might have changed the most. I might change the shield back.

Armigeri Defensores

Equites Promoti:
    I gave them lamellar armour and based them off of an image I found on the webz.

Equites Promoti

Equites Dalmatae:
    This unit is based on the cavalry you can see at the end of the White Horse Trailer.

Equites Dalmatae

Palatina:
    I gave them a more barbaric look and gave them the same shield as the auxilia palatina units.

Palatina (west)

Palatina (east)

These are the units that have changed the most. There are other units with small changes in their appearance, stats or names.

Download:
    V2

Just extract it to your data folder and enable it in your mod manager.

This mod should be compatible with any mod that does not change the stats, names or appearance of any of the roman units.
    Last edited by TotalDonutWar; April 30, 2015 at 05:48 PM. Reason: correct link

Default Re: Roman Glory [Roman Overhaul/Reskin]

The dropbox link just goes to my dropbox homepage, is the link right?

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    The dropbox link just goes to my dropbox homepage, is the link right?
    Link

Apologies, does this one work? I am a bit of a newby with dropbox.

Yes, for me too, it just goes to my home page.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalDonutWar View Post
    Link

Apologies, does this one work? I am a bit of a newby with dropbox.
    Yeah that's it, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerius View Post
    Yes, for me too, it just goes to my home page.
    Unfortunately I can't edit my posts yet. The correct link is in post #3.

I know it is not meant to be historical accurate but i still want to point of some things: The shields of the comitatus unit are from the Herculiani seniores, which were ranked as a palatine unit. the shields of the eastern comitatus is fine, though, they are the same as the unit Auxilium Milites got. I like the unit, but try to find a new shield for them. same for the promoti and the last unit's shield.
    Armigeri defensores definitely should get the old shield back, or be called with a different name (probably based on the shield you added fro them). The eastern armoured legio should get the scale armour back, simply because it is more suited for the eastern warfare with arrows and blunt weapons
    Equites dalmatee should be a skirmisher cavalry; Palatina - rename to Auxilia Palatina.
    This kind of chainmail is a bit wrong for the time period but i guess it fits your conception of reviving their military...

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    I know it is not meant to be historical accurate but i still want to point of some things: The shields of the comitatus unit are from the Herculiani seniores, which were ranked as a palatine unit. the shields of the eastern comitatus is fine, though, they are the same as the unit Auxilium Milites got. I like the unit, but try to find a new shield for them. same for the promoti and the last unit's shield.
    Armigeri defensores definitely should get the old shield back, or be called with a different name (probably based on the shield you added fro them). The eastern armoured legio should get the scale armour back, simply because it is more suited for the eastern warfare with arrows and blunt weapons
    Equites dalmatee should be a skirmisher cavalry; Palatina - rename to Auxilia Palatina.
    This kind of chainmail is a bit wrong for the time period but i guess it fits your conception of reviving their military...
    Thanks for the feedback! I get where you are coming from on most points.
    - Might change the the shield of the western Legio Comitatus because of what you said, I have been looking for alternatives.
    - Also thought about giving the auxilium milites a different kind of shield with more variety. Same for the Equites Promoti.
    - I have already changed the shield back for the Armigeri Defensores because I personally thought it looked better.
    - Regarding the scale armour, I personally don't like the look of it, maybe lamellar armour could be an option?
    - I might give the comes the looks of the Equites Dalmatea and change the Dalmatea back.

This reskin is not done yet and I still want to change some units and I will certainly change some things according to feedback.

Invisible General Behold in this mod ....

Quote Originally Posted by golf511 View Post
    Invisible General Behold in this mod ....
    Could you explain what you mean. Because I haven't edited any generals in this mod.

Platina Guard Units are invisible.

I have found the problem. Use the link below for the fix. This is also a second version with a lot of changes.

download
    Last edited by TotalDonutWar; April 30, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

Link Doesn't working

Quote Originally Posted by Maist View Post
    Link Doesn't working
    does this one?
    link

OP has been edited, the link does work correctly for me right now.
    Last edited by TotalDonutWar; April 30, 2015 at 05:49 PM.

HI, thanks for work on roman reskin. this is what im looking for. however, for western roman, Armigeri Defensores does not equip sword. please check it. i download the V2 from the top. thank you so much

Great great mod. Meanwhile since the last patch, the shoulders chainmail are gone for all units, do you know where is the problem? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zaftboy View Post
    HI, thanks for work on roman reskin. this is what im looking for. however, for western roman, Armigeri Defensores does not equip sword. please check it. i download the V2 from the top. thank you so much
    I have been gone for a while. Probably a typing error in the VariantMeshDefinition file.

Quote Originally Posted by Lib85 View Post
    Great great mod. Meanwhile since the last patch, the shoulders chainmail are gone for all units, do you know where is the problem? thanks.
    I will have a look at it once I have the time. But I am really busy at the moment.