Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unique cities

Default Re: Unique cities

Does anyone have a good resource for layouts/plans for cities and towns from the era? I tried a bit of googling, but didn't really come up with anything workable except for places like Rome and Constantinople.

Quote Originally Posted by zombieflanders View Post
    Does anyone have a good resource for layouts/plans for cities and towns from the era? I tried a bit of googling, but didn't really come up with anything workable except for places like Rome and Constantinople.
    I've found some for a few cities. You'll have to look up the individual cities, but even then there isn't much. It really depends which city, and for some, you won't be able to find the layout short of going there yourself to see them (sometimes the sites have a model or picture of the layout).

Maybe someone here can help me out with this.

I'm trying to process my London map with BoB but it fails every time. I keep getting this error in the log.

Code:
    ERROR:  Height map mesh file 'f:/program files  (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/total war  attila/assembly_kit/raw_data/art/battle/land/models/architecture/global/bridges/bridge_stone_1.cs2'  is missing.
    This is true, I don't even have a bridges sub-folder in the global folder. I'm not sure how to get that to get that folder. I thought that maybe if I deleted all the stone bridges I had on the map the error would go away but it didn't.

Here is what the map looks like now. I got rid of the trees because in the BOB process the vegetation all showed up in the 'Finished with warning' color so I thought they might be part of the problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Update.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	637.6 KB 
ID:	328316

Also I have what I believe is an unrelated issue with TeD. The blend map tool in the paint section doesn't seem to work, it might be changing the ground texture but it all looks like grass to me.

Hmmm...Sooo this mod idea really needs to -NOT- die! I mean, its probably one of the franchise's biggest downfalls as of late...Repetitive, repetitive, and repetitive siege battlemaps...

I am SO over (in Rome II for example) that damned barbarian settlement with the elevated ground walls where I ALWAYS do the same thing, send my ladders to the eastern most part of the wall, and just flood that area with melee inf, take that one tower in 2 seconds, send a fast unit around the building to the gatehouse capture point, let the rest of my army in and attack the remaining engaged enemies from behind and win the battle less than 2 mins later. And i bet that anyone who played Rome II knows exactly what im talking about too...lol.

And its the same with Attila...I know its probably really difficult to do this and I am no modder by any means, but it looks like a few of you guys actually started on this project and tbh, what youve accomplished thus far is really quite great actually. ofcoarse they obviously need alot more work done on them and whatnot but its definitely a start!

Ive noticed no one has posted here in quite some time which is sad because it looks like it died right when mnkymanfoo seemed to be getting somewhere with his Londinium map...So even tho I had alot to say this post was really just a (very) long worded "bump" for the topic...haha anyways, hope it being back on page 1 will reignite this great idea!

Thanks! =)

Bump as well

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this on the thread but Doomon 18 has been working on similar projects and been quite successful in creating custom playable maps. His maps have been on the steam workshop for a while so I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with it. In any case I just wanted to give that as a word of encouragement that this project is a brilliant idea and has great capacity. Maybe collaborating with Doomon 18 could help expedite the process or give some creative direction. Anyway, I'm super excited to see some finished projects and look forward to a release date!

Bump. Anything out yet that completely changes the in game campaign battle maps?

Will these city maps also be available on campaign?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234