Thread: [REQUEST] Things I liked from Rome II

Default [REQUEST] Things I liked from Rome II

Hello there!

I'm hoping to find someone that can help me bring a mod to reality that does the following;
    1) Prevent groups to be automatically locked; I know you can unlock groups with Ctrl+G, but it'd better (for me) if they weren't locked in the first place.
    2) Switch Alt+drag with just drag; I'd like to be able to move units by dragging them, exactly as is now possible with Alt+dragging. Having to press Alt all the time is a pain, especially since I play both Attila and Rome II.
    3) Auto-resolve percentage; in Rome II there was a percentage of units lost. This was extremely helpful, as it indicated whether I would want to play a battle myself, or auto-resolve it.

I hope there's someone that can bring these features back as a mod, since CA fails to keep consistency between their games.
    If these issues can be resolved with PFM, could someone point me into the right direction so I can do it myself? I can't find anything related to this in the .pack files... (No modding experience whatsoever)

Thanks in advance!
    I hope someone will be able to help me in a pinch!

Default Re: [REQUEST] Things I liked from Rome II

I believe these things can be changed in the options and key bindings menu, I'll have to go back and double check, though.

Foederatus

I'd like to be able to manually place barricades.

You can change keybinds only - dragging is not a keybind, sadly enough

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    I'd like to be able to manually place barricades.
    Thought you already could?

Oh and is that teesside I see? UTB!

also the slower more tactical battles with higher flanking bonus and weaker frontal cavalry charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuake View Post
    You can change keybinds only - dragging is not a keybind, sadly enough
    For me it is other way around. Without alt, there will come many accidental unit dragging. With alt player can control precisely how they want dragging happen
    This was the reason CA changed dragging to button alt hold.

I'd be more thankful if they recovered parts of what made Rome I great and Rome II gamey: characters and units grow not with a skill tree the player chooses, but through their own actions. Have a army that hasn't seen action in years? Surprise, they've become lazy and accomodate! Their command has been changed several times? They're disoriented now, but they'll less likely attach their loyalty to a general in the future. A character has spent ages as governor of a province? Maybe he's too greedy and he's gone corrupt. But maybe he's also a great patron of the arts because you built a huge museion in the province.

Let characters and armies develop organically. Medieval II also had this, and it was great. The Rome II system of "choose whatever works best in the game" doesn't feel immersive or fun at all. A great slip from CA's side.
    "Déu és beure bé, menjar fresc i llevar-se a les deu"
    (God is to drink well, to eat fresh and to wake up at ten)
    ------ from the Catalan "Inquisition Trials Archive"

Cèsar de Quart
    Europe 1200 Team Member