View Poll Results: What Era do you think this will be based on?

Voters
209. You may not vote on this poll
  • 500 A.D

12 5.74%
  • 660 A.D

20 9.57%
  • 720 A.D

18 8.61%
  • 800 A.D

37 17.70%
  • 900 A.D

57 27.27%
  • 1000 A.D

65 31.10%
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [Still alive]

Default TOTAL WAR: MEDIEVAL CHRISTENDOM - Introduction Preview [Still alive]

Poll Vote Ended: Result of the Time frame starts at 900 A.D
    Reminder: Please stop asking when it will be released. We trying very hard to make this happen, so support us with tips, requests and motivation <3

Introduction
    The first of it's kind, a full make-over Modification for both Campaign and battle aspect of ATTILA TOTAL WAR. Bringing major changes in game-play, equally fresh and historical experience never seen before. MC Team will cover a specific time frame that will bring a mystical early era of Medieval. Although the origin of the term "medieval" may no longer hold the weight it once did, the idea of the medieval era as existing "in the middle" still has validity. It is now quite common to view the Middle Ages as that period of time between the ancient world and the early modern age. Unfortunately, the dates at which that first era ends and the later era begins are by no means clear. It may be more productive to define the medieval era in terms of its most significant and unique characteristics, and then identify the turning points and their associated dates. This leaves us with a variety of options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About my self and who I am. My work is mostly focused on giving high quality Logos and design for all the mods out there. I do it for free of course and with passion.
    Artistic in total war mod community was lacking when I started modding for Rome II. I figured I would give a hand to people and make their mods shine a bit easier- in other words, I like the be the guy behind everything and let others have the spot light when it comes down to Graphic design However, my mods were focused on basic start.pos editing such as starting era/factions and so on for Rome II. My first mod was Roman houses (The 3 Rome Total War roman factions family) However I dropped the lead of the mod and give it to a friend of mine for him to keep it up. My second most popular mod is Spartan total reskin.

My goal is to give Attila, a taste of Early Medieval gameplay. I think Total war greatest hit was Medieval related times and I believe such concept suits perfectly the current total war Attila content, mechanics and gameplay.

My past work have been mostly contribution to popular mods during their early stages and current, such as:

- Divide Et Impera UI and Logo and few other minor works.
    - Constantine Logo and few other minor works.
    - Spartacus Rises UI and Logo
    - Well, my own mods of course within my workshop
    - Other mods have also obtained my artistic contribution works - FYI to many to keep track of sorry guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

World Map

Click to Enlarge

PLAYABLE CULTURE - FACTIONS
    Frankish Christendoms

Western Francia Kingdom

Eastern Francia Kingdom

Roman Empire

Roman Empire

Umayyad Caliphate Successors

Saffarid Dynasty/Empire

Abbasid Caliphate

Tulunid Emirates

Umayyad Emirates

Idrisid Dynasty/Kingdom

New Age Christendoms

Kiev Rus

Kingdom of Denmark

Papal States

Polanes

Alba

Irish Confederacy

Welsh Confederacy

Asturias

Galicia

Lost Migrators

Orkney's Vikings (Migrators)

Oghuz Turks (Migrators)

Eastern Kingdoms
    Bulgaria

Khazar Kanate

Lithuani

Kingdom of Armenia

Western Kingdoms
    Wessex

East Anglia

York

Burgundy

Factions Unit Preview
    Coming Soon.

UI AND DESIGN THEME
    UI Preview
    Coming Soon.

GAMEPLAY MECHANIC OVERHAUL & FEUDAL MECHANIC SYSTEM
    Campaign Mechanic Features
    Coming Soon.

Battlefield Mechanic Features
    Coming Soon.

EXTRA FEATURES
    Religions

List of current religions in-game:

-Zoroastrian

-Shia Islam

-Sunni Islam

-Jeduaism

-Catholicism

-Orthodoxy

-Tengri

-Paganism

Other form of religions:

-Minor Religions

-Heretic

Each religion will be packed with a negative and positive traits. Most have not been confirmed but we want to make sure that "changing" a religion in the first place, will cause corruption within your kingdom. Any attempt of converting a enemy religion (with priest, agents) will cause them to be weaker, similar to Medieval 2.

If you play as the Papal States, you will have the ability to diminish Heretic, paganism or any other form of religion greatly. And giving your surrounding allies a bonus of the trait for example. Each religion will have an impact to a other religion, making tactical decisions both aspect of politics and religious matter. We are still developing the religion traits currently and introduce more mechanics, especially linked to technology tree for better experience.

Religion plays a major part, it will determine the stabilization of a region and their kingdoms within. If you wish to disturb and have the power at your side, agents, priest and spreading your religion will have a major impact, far more efficient than stream rolling with your units.

Call on a Crusade mechanic:

You will have the ability to form a crusader pack with former allies. Giving this ability, you will have a successful chance to declare a crusade, any one whom have this pack with a other faction (which are all related to the papal state in the end) will join you, regardless. All Christians will have this pack except for few. This pack will be dropped by A.I if you aren't keeping up your religion at peace or current circumstances aren't going ideal with the Pope.

Forced March will be replaced by Crusader March. Giving higher authority and bonus traits to enhance its effect. This will only be unlocked in technology tree, meaning force marched will still be there.

Family Tree Overhaul
    Coming Soon.

no but seriously, this will be a challenge

- More information will be posted when it's ready.
    - Own Hosted Modification will come very shortly.

MC Team:
    Idreaus
    [Lead Artist, DB Editor, Author]
    Daniel [Lead Researcher, writer]
    MalisKreig [Start.pos Editor]
    Terminus [Start.pos Editor]
    Aquirre [Unit creator]

WANT TO CONTRIBUTE? BE PART OF THE AWESOME PROGRESS OF THE MOD? WE LOOKING FOR:

-
    Unit creator
    - DB Editor
    - Scripter
    - Artist

Wallpapers - 1080p

Signatures

Last edited by Idreaus; September 14, 2015 at 08:36 PM.

Default Re: Medieval Christendom

Liking the idea. If the starting year is around 800 it will be pretty cool as there were still pagans in northern europe, the vikings particularly, it would be nice to play as them and try to halt the spread of christianity.

Default Re: Total War: Medieval Christendom - Introduction Preview

Updated some information.

Awesome!Can't wait for this mod.I have been interested...would you change the building models from vannila version to something more late?Also,are you going to make historical cities,rulers and states.I for one would like to see Eastern Roman Emipire staying with this name,not with Byzantium.Anyway this mod will be great.

Biarchus

This mod already looks very professionally made, with the images and setup. Looking forward to see where it goes

Quote Originally Posted by bulgarpride View Post
    Awesome!Can't wait for this mod.I have been interested...would you change the building models from vannila version to something more late?Also,are you going to make historical cities,rulers and states.I for one would like to see Eastern Roman Emipire staying with this name,not with Byzantium.Anyway this mod will be great.
    Most buildings, haven't been changed much in terms of style since then. However, some will definitely obtain some minor changes (wall texture changes to look more stone ish etc). Yes, ruler, unique cities will all be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    This mod already looks very professionally made, with the images and setup. Looking forward to see where it goes
    Thank you . We have a long way to go!
    Last edited by Idreaus; March 21, 2015 at 03:55 PM.

Libertus

Looks great! Excited to see where this mod goes, i think 865 would be an awesome start date. The horde mechanic would be perfect for the 'Great Heathen Army'. Down with Ælla!
    Last edited by Shaggy_711; March 21, 2015 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy_711 View Post
    Looks great! Excited to see where this mod goes, i think 865 would be an awesome start date. The horde mechanic would be perfect for the 'Great Heathen Army'. Down with Ælla!

Haha the Great Heathen Army. The date time would be awesome, but then i believe the map isn't ideal for such era. Britain is still pretty small despite being scattered with settlements for such event.

I have updated some new campaign faction map preview. No names yet as they will be introduced with their faction intro and emblem in future thread update.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Great Idreaus, my most studied period of history. I can probably provide rosters for the Anglo Saxons and Norse if this mod is made http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...sion)-Campaign

Just a small thing, the danish capital certainly shouldn't be the legendary Hrefnesholt
    Last edited by Linke; March 22, 2015 at 05:22 AM.

I love these kind of mods! Total war: Medieval 2 was my intro to total war.

I'd love to play the Oghuz Turks for this mod.

Black9's Avatar Biarchus

Very exciting! I'll be keeping an eye on this.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

My next total war title to play

Might just be me being an :wub: for thinking its not completly fleshed out, but under New Age Christendoms wouldnt Hrefnesholt be the Kingdom of Denmark, with its Capital in Jutland somewhere at this time? For Reference http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9138876_f520.jpg

Note also by the 800's they wernt Christian Either. Denmark first became officially Christian by 965 AD. But thats just me pointing things out from my own brain. Seems like an amazing project still and id love to play it.

cyriuspt's Avatar Libertus

this is a great idea, im from portugal, in the
    New Age Christendoms,
    the first city is not bracara (the actualy Braga), but is Guimarães, wiht the first king of Portugal , Afonso Henriques I, if you need more information. But Congretulations, you have some nice features here
    PS: Sorry my english :p

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

What Date - the mod starts?
    900ad? 1000Ad? 1200ad?

Because a lot of players wants to play as the 1st and the 2nd Bulgarian Tzarstvom.

Edit : Saw the Poll..... stupid me ....

• 500 A.D - there will be Campaign DLC from CA about 530AD with Justilian I.Most probably.
    • 660 A.D - the Date is ok.
    • 720 A.D - We got Total war:Karling mod that starts in 714Ad. So the time Frame is taken.The arabs are fighting Everyone.
    • 800 A.D - Popular starting date.The Franks ,Bulgarians and ERE are the 3 super powers in Europe.The Avars are gone and the Arab empire is falling appart. There were some factions that can still start the timeframe as in horde mode. Example the pecheneges ang the Maguars.
    • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Hem_800ad.jpg
    • 900 A.D - Popular starting date. More Main Factions are Cristians,the Arab empire has fallen appart already. Not a lot of Hordes Comming from the East
    • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-Hem_900ad.jpg
    • 1000 A.D - also a good time period. But no Horde Factions that migrated.A lot of possible Playable Factions like in Medieval 2 TW.
    • http://www.worldhistorymaps.info/ima...Hem_1000ad.jpg

I voted for 1000 A.D - the closest Date to Medieval 2 TW vannila campaign. 1000 Ad is far more interesting than the 1085. A lot of new possibilities - Scripted Crusades and Jihads also
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; March 25, 2015 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mthis View Post
    Might just be me being an :wub: for thinking its not completly fleshed out, but under New Age Christendoms wouldnt Hrefnesholt be the Kingdom of Denmark, with its Capital in Jutland somewhere at this time? For Reference http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9138876_f520.jpg

Note also by the 800's they wernt Christian Either. Denmark first became officially Christian by 965 AD. But thats just me pointing things out from my own brain. Seems like an amazing project still and id love to play it.
    No Hrefnesholt is only ever mentioned in Beowulf, it's a very legendary place and was certainly never the capital of Denmark

I never said it was the Kingdom of Denmarks capital, my wording might have been mistaken but i was talking about the fact Hrefnesholt isnt the capital of Denmark at the time, and that it was in Jutland somewhere.

cyriuspt's Avatar Libertus

How Can i vote ?
    i'm goes to 800 A.D, i think is the best Era

Quote Originally Posted by Mthis View Post
    I never said it was the Kingdom of Denmarks capital, my wording might have been mistaken but i was talking about the fact Hrefnesholt isnt the capital of Denmark at the time, and that it was in Jutland somewhere.
    Oh sorry if it wasn't clear but i was agreeing with you about that.

I would suggest a feature where you as the Anglo saxons can confederate into England.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast