Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

Default Re: PFM 3.5.1 - Attila support

i can see the data folder and all the db collumns but i cant edit them now may i knw why???

Quote Originally Posted by Caldevacht View Post
    Could anyone explain to me on this thread how I would be able to use the PFM on a Mac? Or is it impossible to run it on OS X? I tried using the program Crossroads to no such luck and I am looking for a solution that doesn't involve me loading windows onto my laptop. Thanks for any input.
    Check if there is mono for OSX, that should allow it to run (works on Linux).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

I seem to be getting this error (http://i.imgur.com/ZxDgrcK.png) a lot of the time when I try and save a pack file and I can't seem to find a pattern in it, because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't all changes are forfeit and I have to restart PFM and do it over to see if it'll work. Any clues as to what's causing it?

where can i find the db files which gives influence like securing a office.......

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I seem to be getting this error (http://i.imgur.com/ZxDgrcK.png) a lot of the time when I try and save a pack file and I can't seem to find a pattern in it, because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't all changes are forfeit and I have to restart PFM and do it over to see if it'll work. Any clues as to what's causing it?
    from Googling the error, it almost sounds as if you might have a problem with your hardware. I'd suggest a drive check...

Quote Originally Posted by *** RoYaL sPaRtAn GuArD *** View Post
    where can i find the db files which gives influence like securing a office.......
    Could we keep this thread concentrated on the tool, and ask questions about what to edit elsewhere, for instance here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Scripting
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Miles

Well I'll ask again, I tried opening save files to get 40 unit stacks but it says wrong header type :/ I have no idea on how to open them any help?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSarmartian View Post
    Well I'll ask again, I tried opening save files to get 40 unit stacks but it says wrong header type :/ I have no idea on how to open them any help?
    Save files aren't .packs, they're ESFs. You need EditSF to open them.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

OK, if this has been taken care of then I apologize.

data.pack in attila opens fine. I want to export selected (db) to the data folder, it selects the Rome 2 data folder automatically and not the Attila data folder.

I have set the "game" to Attila in the PFM menu, and all of the Open dirs in the pulldown point to Atilla... why does it still want to extract to Rome 2??? What have I missed here???

Also, When extracting the all db folders, it poops out at cai_personalities... (it did this with Rome 2 as well) Is there anyway to overcome this issue. Otherwise I have to select each folder under db to extract them... really only a minor inconvenience... LOL

Let me know what I am doing wrong please... LOL

By the way PFM very lovely tool when it works!!! I greatly appreciate the work done by daniu on it!! Thanks so much!

EDIT POST: I found my modlist.txt and removed the reference to old mod packs and directories.. that solved the location issue for extracting db files... still have the issue with cai_personalities... looks like someone is looking into that.
    Last edited by Andromachos; February 21, 2015 at 12:39 PM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Can anyone look at these schemas:

cai_personalities (seems like real key is missing so we dont know to what cultures/factions all those collums belong - like in rome 2 schema). This very important table for AI modding.
    building_levels (several collums are wrongly placed + many unkowns for new features). Also very important table.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Radious; February 21, 2015 at 04:57 AM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Sorry for repeating this, but could someone explain this error?
    I get it when starting PFM 3.5.1., the net framework is updated. I could use PFM 3.2 for Rome2 before on this system.
    The german text means: "The value is not supposed to be zero"

http://i.imgur.com/9hQodHH.jpg

Locked file after changing with pack file manager.
    Hi, like the game but love to change things in it... After i have changed something with pfm, the file has a padlock image on the file and the game cant read it. Anyone who knoes what is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by snoken5 View Post
    Locked file after changing with pack file manager.
    Hi, like the game but love to change things in it... After i have changed something with pfm, the file has a padlock image on the file and the game cant read it. Anyone who knoes what is wrong?
    Hi if anyone has similar problems this worked for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQRyB0ctJP0

This is so exhausting. The padlock is gone but Attila doesnt read the file. Anyone who can help?

My problem seemingly disappeared after reinstalling Rome2 - strange!
    I installed the new PFM after deinstalling R2...

Quote Originally Posted by Tomice_158 View Post
    Sorry for repeating this, but could someone explain this error?
    I get it when starting PFM 3.5.1., the net framework is updated. I could use PFM 3.2 for Rome2 before on this system.
    The german text means: "The value is not supposed to be zero"

http://i.imgur.com/9hQodHH.jpg

Same problem for me!

Rewinged's Avatar Civis

Wondering if it is possible to make a header expandable in the startpos.esf using PFM?
    The major factions have an expandable political_parties but minor factions do not. I'm not sure if it would even make a difference but I would like to replicate that for an unlocked minor factions to see if any progress is made towards a working politics system for minor factions.
    It's 3am here, so I'm sorry if the post makes little to no sense haha... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_XXX ULPIA View Post
    Same problem for me!
    Reinstalling Rome2 solved the problem for me!

Dear daniu , thanks for your good work .
    Is it a thing that i want to tell to pfm team(( if you are/was)n't alone in )for a long time now.
    But difficulties to express it have brake me to do it since there.

So ... when i create some kind of new identifiant as new short(text_description) or new boat ( in main unit ) for examples , after a save or even
    a reload i can't get them ( in choice menu selection that would proposed them).So i have to close the pfm and to relaunch it and reload my mod to have the change propagated i find the new idendifiant as wished

I may be not know if a function somewhere is allready doing the same result
    or if not i emit the wish (if you find the time for) to have a better solution to reach the wished result ( or on save or on reload or through the use of a "refresh/propagate change menu item" for example).

Edit : find in the while a new tip to get the wished result load a other pack different of the edited one ( smaller i have ) and reload the edited one (that bring less urgency in the doing of the thing ).

Best regards.
    Last edited by FréreAne; February 22, 2015 at 07:04 PM.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

If anyone is willing to look at trait_attribute_effects it would be appreciated!
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Excellent that it works with Attila
    Last edited by Fedual; February 23, 2015 at 09:28 AM.