Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM 3.5.2 - Updated string handling

Default Re: PFM 3.5.1 - Attila support

Quote Originally Posted by synagas View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but on occasion when I save after a bunch of changes in a table, the table simply gets deleted and all that work is gone. I am working on a mod with the different religion tables (each religion getting its own table in building effects) and sometimes when I finish with a religion and save PFM flashes and then the table I just completed is completely gone. Close without saving and reopen and it remains forever lost :-(.

*EDIT* Also, this last time, not only did I lose the whole table, but PFM became completely corrupted and I had to re-download and run a clean version.
    Sounds similar to something i´ve seen happen a rare few times, that after editing, nothing is actually saved when you "save", and a rare few times the file you worked on gets corrupted. (never seen PFM itself get corrupted though)

I use PFM 2.4.1 normally, but i´ve seen it happen once in version 3 as well, so i guess this might be relevant overall, and the extremely simple fix i found is to simply use "save as" instead of "save" and save it as a new filename. Never failed since i started doing that. And it´s actually even a good idea anyway as it gives you a file history for changes made ( which by now has allowed me to undo at least a few dozen mistakes ).

Oh and just in case, never save while in the middle of editing, click on another post or table first or press "enter", or the last change made may be lost in saving(as you haven´t actually done it until you let the editor update), silly easy mistake to make and had me somewhat confused before i realised what made saves sometimes "drop" a change.

daniu, is there any way to have the pack file open up a table that has been worked with in CA's editor? I wanted to use the editor as a test to see what column is the unit resource requirement by virtue of what column has X unit with an Auxilia_whatever entry in it.

But if I run the main_units through CA's toolkit then load it in pack file manager it gives me this error if I try and open it.

Shouldn't it be possible to have an unknown column still have values within it?

I noticed something. I added in the relevant entry for region unit resource, but didn't override an existing column. It gave me the same error when I tried to load it. So I counted how many columns exist in the PFM and in CA's schema for main_units.

It's 32 for the PFM, and about 40 in CA's Schema.
    Last edited by Ahiga; May 05, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    daniu, is there any way to have the pack file open up a table that has been worked with in CA's editor? I wanted to use the editor as a test to see what column is the unit resource requirement by virtue of what column has X unit with an Auxilia_whatever entry in it.
    But if I run the main_units through CA's toolkit then load it in pack file manager it gives me this error if I try and open it.
    [...]
    Shouldn't it be possible to have an unknown column still have values within it?
    Yes, it is weird, but I can't tell from the screenshot what's the cause of it exactly and don't have time to try it out myself.
    Could you try and remove the "DBEditorTableControl.dll" file from the PFM installation (rename to be able to restore it later) and see what happens if you open the file?
    That will make PFM use the old editor which I can check easier.
    Also, post the pack file you're trying to open.

[QUOTE]
    I noticed something. I added in the relevant entry for region unit resource, but didn't override an existing column. It gave me the same error when I tried to load it. So I counted how many columns exist in the PFM and in CA's schema for main_units.
    It's 32 for the PFM, and about 40 in CA's Schema.
    The pack creation process from CA does not just take values from one of the xmls and put it into a db file of the same name; some columns are ignored, some are added, some are distributed to other places.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Appreciate the effort to help us figure it out, Daniu. I'll give it a whirl. It's possible I did something wrong on the conversion process from CA's toolkit to PFM. But I followed the old Rome 2 tutorial.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6c...gg8e/TEST.pack

Here's the pack I was doing the test with. I verified it does work ingame - giving a unit resource requirement made it impossible for me to recruit Limitanei or Cohors as the Romans. So it clearly wasn't causing any problems in terms of the content of the main_unit_tables.

I removed the DBEEditorTableControl.dll file from the PFM, putting it into another folder for safe keeping. I received an error booting up PFM but was able to load the pack file. The error saying [b]failed to load DBE: the system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700002), but then the pack file manager opened up as normal

When I opened up the test.pack and the main_units table I get no error, but the table loaded is completely blank. No entries whatsoever. If I load a main_units table that has not been processed via CA's tool (like the one in the data pack) it seems to load as normal except that I cannot edit any of the entries or filter anything.

I am using the PFM 3.5.1.

Is there a PFM for Mac updated for Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshinai View Post
    Issue: pics suddenly do not show at all inside PFM. Worked perfectly on my old computer but on the new one i recently got, neither PFM 2.4.1 nor 3.5.1 shows anything when clicking on a .tga picture in a packfile. I have no idea why, i´m even using the PFM 2.4.1 copied directly from old computer where it worked just fine.

Still need this figured out. Installing a viewer specifically with .tga support didn´t help... And that was about as far as my ideas for this went.

In the db, battlefield_buildings_tables is red and so is battlefield_buildings. When I open it there's nothing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fürst von Grendelberg View Post
    Is there a PFM for Mac updated for Attila?
    Not specifically, but you can try to get mono for Mac and use it to run PFM as is.
    Works fine on Linux for me (although only with the old DB editor).

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshinai View Post
    Still need this figured out. Installing a viewer specifically with .tga support didn´t help... And that was about as far as my ideas for this went.
    Yes, some pics seem to just be invalid; I've toyed around with that a bit and couldn't get them to display with anything, inside PFM or even after export.
    IIUC, some (most?) pics do work so it really does seem to be a problem with the picture files themselves.
    Only had it with .dds files AFAICR.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    In the db, battlefield_buildings_tables is red and so is battlefield_buildings. When I open it there's nothing there.
    Do you have the latest schema file? Do an update.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hy Daniu Thanks for it, i have a probleme i don't have "db" in the local_fr_rome2.pack How canit get it ? Thank U

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Do you have the latest schema file? Do an update.
    Still, can't open battlefield_buildings_table ;/

Before game version 1.2.0 works.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Can any1 tell me how the updating system of PFM works?
    Is it auto?

For example when I try "Search for update" button, it tells me there is no update, but version seems 3.5 still?

can someone help me please
    im having trouble openin PFM..it says that I have to change a registry value to 1..

im using this for SHOGUN 2

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post

Yes, some pics seem to just be invalid; I've toyed around with that a bit and couldn't get them to display with anything, inside PFM or even after export.
    IIUC, some (most?) pics do work so it really does seem to be a problem with the picture files themselves.
    Only had it with .dds files AFAICR.
    No, that´s the weird thing, it´s pictures that i KNOW worked just fine with PFM on my old computer(as i went through a lot of them to choose pics to use with some modding).

Literally ALL pictures just doesn´t show at all(or at least everywhere i´ve checked, i probably didn´t look at all, but i know i´ve looked in places where they worked before), even when looking in the original data.pack.
    Pics aren´t even viewable in Radious unitpack and other mods where they definitely should be.

And as i noted before, this is very weird as i´m actually using the PFM copied directly from my old system, and i´ve tried a new install as well and no difference. Everything else seems to work properly.
    And it works fine ingame, so it´s not corrupted data files either. I even tested installing a pic viewer on the computer that supported .tga, but made no difference(not that i was expecting it but, simple thing to try at least).

There is any way to updatethe PFM with the last Assembly Kit, in the main_units_table, we cant see the building/resource/AOR requeriments, and if i created one table with this requeriments in AK, crash in PFM.

Anyway, thanks for your work mate!

I am sorry, I am a newbie, but here is my question:
    Can I load mods with this and play them? I want to use them for Shogun 2. If I can, how can I do that ?

Thanks

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Appreciate the effort to help us figure it out, Daniu. I'll give it a whirl. It's possible I did something wrong on the conversion process from CA's toolkit to PFM. But I followed the old Rome 2 tutorial.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6c...gg8e/TEST.pack

Here's the pack I was doing the test with. I verified it does work ingame - giving a unit resource requirement made it impossible for me to recruit Limitanei or Cohors as the Romans. So it clearly wasn't causing any problems in terms of the content of the main_unit_tables.

I removed the DBEEditorTableControl.dll file from the PFM, putting it into another folder for safe keeping. I received an error booting up PFM but was able to load the pack file. The error saying [b]failed to load DBE: the system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700002), but then the pack file manager opened up as normal

When I opened up the test.pack and the main_units table I get no error, but the table loaded is completely blank. No entries whatsoever. If I load a main_units table that has not been processed via CA's tool (like the one in the data pack) it seems to load as normal except that I cannot edit any of the entries or filter anything.

I am using the PFM 3.5.1.
    Running into the same issue. The PFM schema > main_units_table probably needs an update with the additional columns. I tried to do this, but whenever I try to decode an edited (with a region_unit_resource_requirement column entry) main_units_table from the AK in PFM, it fails no matter what combinations I make.

Here's something I don't understand. Whenever I export a standard main_units_table from the AK without any entries in the missing columns, it opens just fine using PFM. Shouldn't BOB create a table file that is incompatible with PFM's schema, regardless if I add an entry to region_unit_resource_requirement column or not?

Can we open the battlefield_buildings table yet?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    Can we open the battlefield_buildings table yet?
    Try tweak and use Dave, it is sadly a lot different from the normal pfm.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; May 30, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

how can I set PFM as default program for pack files?

I've tried few ways but didn't work out..