Thread: Attila looks great with current GEM version

Default Attila looks great with current GEM version

A little bit of tweaking in GEM configurator and it looks awesome
    Last edited by Mr.Freud; February 17, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

Default Re: Attila looks great with current GEM version

Screenshots for us?

Ye its great that it works, I like your colour settings but that CA is god awful(imo) most games I play these days I spend half my time trying to figure out ways to tweak it so I can get CA to turn off, I dunno how devs do it to their games.

Did you just install the GEm installer to the Attila path?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by assassine View Post
    Did you just install the GEm installer to the Attila path?

Hmm I tried this and it does not seem to work, I meet with an immediate crash. Mr Freud how exactly did you accomplish getting this working?

Thanks

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by sausageson View Post
    Hmm I tried this and it does not seem to work, I meet with an immediate crash. Mr Freud how exactly did you accomplish getting this working?

Thanks
    indeed i would like to know as well. GEM and a camera mod are the two main things missing from this game so far.

Thanks
    1) Download GEM 1.0.8 2) install it into Attila folder 3) launch the configuration tool and in GEM main menu check "compability" box. Other boxes - by-pass UI, by-passbAA and 64bit application should be unchecked. 4) tweak GEM settings to your preference (I only have Realistic shader, HBO, blur, 2xFXAA and vibrance in sweetFX enabled)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Freud View Post
    1) Download GEM 1.0.8 2) install it into Attila folder 3) launch the configuration tool and in GEM main menu check "compability" box. Other boxes - by-pass UI, by-passbAA and 64bit application should be unchecked. 4) tweak GEM settings to your preference (I only have Realistic shader, HBO, blur, 2xFXAA and vibrance in sweetFX enabled)
    Hmm I tried it as you said but still no luck

Hmm I tried it as you said but still no luck
    Same here, my game wont start even, GEMFX is working fine with Rome 2 so I believe my C++ libraries are in order.

Do you run the tool as admin?

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Mine works fine, however there's something that doesn't look right. I can't put my finger on it but when you move the camera, everything seems to smudge
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

I don't know why everyone on here equates overuse of Gaussian combined with ugly amounts of sharpening to "looking good".

Every preset I've seen is always a blurry, yet oddly sharpened, mess.

No luck starting Atilla with GEM so far... am i doing something wrong? Game doesn't load at all and then steam tells me it failed to download someting. (Without GEM atilla launches fine...)

To everyone not getting it to work, start the game as an admin then make sure compatability mode is off then save config, restart gemconfig. Again run it as admin but this time check compatability mode, activate then run Attila through Total war mod manager. Viola it will work

I cant get it to work either, it gets hung up on the splash screen.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Wont work for me either. Game wont even launch.

I am not trying to bash GEM at all I used it in back in Rome and Rome 2 however I am running a very good video card at this time GTX 970 and I think that Attila out of the box is outstanding graphically. Does GEM really improve much?

i had the same problems, game would not even start from steam with GEM enabled, I updated my NVIDIA drivers and in gem config I have ticked 64 BIT application and compatibility mode, it now works. I am on windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    I am not trying to bash GEM at all I used it in back in Rome and Rome 2 however I am running a very good video card at this time GTX 970 and I think that Attila out of the box is outstanding graphically. Does GEM really improve much?
    Yes, at least in my case it improves a lot and I also have a GTX 970