View Poll Results: Would you like to see ATW II on M2TW engine and would you be ready to help?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would like to see it and I would help.

78 26.44%
  • Yes, I would like to play it.

187 63.39%
  • No.

16 5.42%
  • I don't know.

14 4.75%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ATW and M2TW - would you like to see ATW II?

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default ATW and M2TW - would you like to see ATW II?

Greetings followers!

Sorry about the lack of activity down there. I just want to tell you my plans - as mod leader - about M2TW.

We will aim to get our two major updates done, that's 0.7 and 0.8. 0.7 needs lot of work, while 0.8 can probably come in a shorter delay.

Then, I must admit Im like most of you attracted and excitated by M2TW release, even if Ill try to resist not to buy it before Christmas and ATW getting finished. Seeing its possible moddability is even increasing my eagerness to get my hands at it. So?

Well, I said several times that I wasn't very hot for ATW getting ported to M2TW. First reason is that I also got a real life, Im currently in 3rd year of medicine and if it's not that hard it will became a lot harder next year - a mod often needs around one year of work, and I won't be able to lead such a project next year.

But still. Imagine hillforts, pictish brochs and gaelic ring-forts. Imagine ATW armies no more like clones. Imagine all our current 20 factions, plus Franks, Laigin, Northern Picts, Brycheiniog, Bryneich and eventually emerging factions. Imagine all the damn good stuff M2TW is bringing.

Imagine Arthurian: Total War II.

The more I think about it, the more enthousiastic I am. However, such a project would need probably even more work than the current ATW, even if codding is looking more simpler at first glance, because of enhanced models, variability of skins and such. And of course the main obstacle: do appropriated building models.

In any case we are far from this. Like I said, we will try to concentrate finishing our current work (and I want to do a niiiiceee AAR on Arthur when all will be done!), and it will take some months before modders will have gathered enough knowledge to do proper work.

So, my question is, would you like to see Arthurian: Total War II on the M2TW engine, and if so, would you be ready to give us your help to see it done? Like learning how to skin and model VIth century hillforts for exemple

Default Re: ATW and M2TW - would you like to see ATW II?

Yeah, A new one would be great!
    The only thing i didnt like about the original is starting w/ fair/large armies but, hey thats just me I could skin but, chances are, you can find people alot better at it.

I only got M2TW today (obviously) but even after playing it for about 6 hours I was already imagining ATW on this platform. Some of the new features (and especially the new faction space) could be used to great effect for ATW, although I think it'll be a while before people really unlock the potential of the engine, and particularly how to turn off the Pope, Crusades and other Medieval Europe-specific stuff, although hopefully it'll be easier then getting the Senate out of RTW was...

Of course like you say there are problems. Artists, in particular, seem like they could be a big issue: it's hard enough getting modellers and skinners for RTW mods, the much greater graphical complexity and detail of M2TW's units and buildings will be even more demanding. If you could get a team together though, it would be great.

I already help out as much as I can with ATW, and I'd be equally happy to contribute in whatever way I'm able to an M2TW version, once ATW1 is out the door.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Thanks for your support Antagonist. Oh, and don't forget to change this:

Arthurian: Total War Developper

Daimon's Avatar Miles

A ATW II whould be awesome!

Nuff said.

ATW sounds like Barbarian Invasion with a bunch of new civs. Why don't people just play BI? IMO, ATW, let alone ATW 2, is a waste of time. If you want to make a mod, make something truly unique, like Napoleonic Total War, Blue Lotus, The Fourth Age...

Most people here have RTW. Whats the point of ATW 2. The better graphics? Big deal.

Arbaces's Avatar Miles

Yes Agraes, many people have lost or are loosing their patience with RTW modding after playing or seeing what's within the new MTW. No matter what is removed in MTW2, I'm attracted by the fact that there are 31 faction slots too. As well as many other things, except the time-frame which I'm not a big fan of. I definately support your idea, and as I too, have some older ideas to revive, we might be able to help each other again .

Arbaces.
    Last edited by Arbaces; November 10, 2006 at 01:21 PM.

ATW sounds like Barbarian Invasion with a bunch of new civs. Why don't people just play BI? IMO, ATW, let alone ATW 2, is a waste of time. If you want to make a mod, make something truly unique, like Napoleonic Total War, Blue Lotus, The Fourth Age...

Most people here have RTW. Whats the point of ATW 2. The better graphics? Big deal.
    Well, if we follow your logic, what's the point of having realism mods such EB or RTR for RTW? IBFD for BI? And all those planned mods for M2TW?

That's said, I guess you didn't play ATW at all. This is nothing like "like BI with a bunch of new civs". If the era is set near BI era - thought ATW is set between 481 and 685 AD when BI ends in 476 AD, it is focused on the British isles and the struggles between British, Gaels, Picts and Germanic invaders. And trust me, BI "Celts" or Saxons have really few things in common with our Picts or Saxons.

Here ATW download stats on filefront - one of the server hosting it.
    Filename ArthurianTW.rar
    File Size 160.40 MB (168,188,156 Bytes)
    Uploaded by Not Available
    Reader Rating 37 vote(s) ( Thanks for your vote!)
    Date Added Tuesday, September 05, 2006 08:35 PM
    Downloads 2,799 (This week: 44)
    Est. Download Time 448 Minutes at 56K
    I hope that at least a small part of the 2799 people who downloaded it don't considered it as a "waste of time."

booskbob's Avatar Laetus

I would love to see ATW II on the new engine! I could help with the testing of the mod but that is about it, I can't even use photo shop, and I've had it for a year.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

The prospect of an Arthurian Total War based on MTW2 is a very tasty prospect indeed. Thirty factions fighting over the misty isles of Arthurian legend, each one having a multitude of different warrior types and settlements, it simply must be done!

But you studies MUST come first @Agraes, the time is not yet right for modding MTW2. Gather the members of this future mod in say April next year for work to begin in the early summer. It will take that long for many people to get bored playing the unmodified version, there is plenty of time yet. I have done some skinning to customize my mods of RTW and will be only to glad to help out.

Agraes, judging from the work on this mod, ATW2 would be an awesome mod. The good news is that most of your research is already done. So you could go right into working on the new mod. I'd be willing to wait a long time in order to play this mod if you so choose to do it. So I'll be looking forward to this new one if you decide to go ahead with it.

Well, it's just a possibility. Im just wondering if there is enough people wanting it, and if we can count on some of you to help with it, eventually as major team members

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

I would defintely be interested in any further development of ATW. It is certainly one of the most well-done mods of the RTW system.

Without having seen M2TW, I cant say if it would be an improvement or not. The 31 faction slots would help, and I suppose the graphics engine would be different.

Well anyways, sign me up!!!

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Stupid question, stupid poll. There answer is yes and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Love ATW and i hope you make a sequal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be happy to learn some new skills and help out. I currently use Corel Draw and Paint to assemble other peoples work into sigs ( I have no drawing or painting abilities ). I love the concept of ATW and would be happy to do what I could to take a larger role in ATW II. I've been " in computers" since the late 60's ( can you say punch cards boys and girls ) and I am fascinated with the current capabilities of computer games .. COUNT ME IN !

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

I'm no modder, but would like to help in any way I can. Agraes and guys, I posted many times before, you did an amazing job with ATW, so there is no reason why the second one shouldn't be even better.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Ready to help if needed! Not sure what you guys need, but I can do research if necessary, and have some text file modding ability. (Emphasis on 'some'...)
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Quote Originally Posted by Agraes
    Thanks for your support Antagonist. Oh, and don't forget to change this:

To this:

I am most honoured, although there's only one "P"

And I'm glad to see people enthusiastic about the idea, I think it's a great motivator to mod teams if they know people enjoy their work and look forward to future developments.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

If i have any freetime, i will be honored to help where i can for ATW2

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Having played M2TW for 2 days now, I can say that ATW would look beautiful in the new engine. However, I am worried about the battle AI (not improved, but waiting on patch I guess), and the same pathfinding issues we saw in RTW. Princesses and such would be a great addition. But what about the cutscenes? Assassin and battle video would need to be completly redone.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast