Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installation Support

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Installation Support

Please ensure you have read the installation instructions carefully in the open-beta release announcement post before posting here. Thank you.

In order to preserve the time of the dev team, we would ask experienced players to feel free to contribute help in this thread
    Last edited by webba84; October 13, 2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added link - webba
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

alextmusic's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Installation Support

OK. I will need a bit of support here... I m installing the mod on steam.
    I did the right installation, but I can't run the mod. Following the instructions with the set launch options, when I run barbarian invasion, there is the barbarian invasion loading screen and then it gets me to the rome total war menu... Any help??

Tell us exactly what you did. If the mod doesn't run then it is likely you did not follow the instructions correctly. Provide screenshots of the rome folder if you can.

x187x BigEazyE's Avatar Libertus

okay, im on about my 10th hour of trying to get the mod to install. trying on 2 different computers. now I know I installed it into the correct destination. fatw ends up in bi folder. using steam, followed the steam install instructions to the letter, multiple times. I keep getting the "horde_min_units" thing. on both pcs. I really do not understand what I am doing wrong. I am no rookie when it comes to installing mods. Ive been doing it for years. I know how to follow instructions. Please help. I really, really want to play this mod. SOOOO bad!
    Last edited by x187x BigEazyE; October 13, 2015 at 08:18 PM.

here are screens of my folders after installation.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtwg2.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	331166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtwg1.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	331167

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Looks ok to me (though hard to tell without seeing the contents of the fatw/data folder). Silly question I know but are you trying to Launch Rome Total War or Barbarian Invasion?

Yes, that error usually comes up when your try to run RTW rather than BI to execute the mod. RTW does not support hordes. Have you viewed the Steam setup images I provided in the installation instruction post?

okay, very weird, after making this post last night, my laptop decided to have an update, afterwards i decided to try the Mod "one last time" you know. lol. and low and behold, it works, perfectly. I have no idea why it decides it wants to work all of a sudden, but I sure am happy. Great Mod. played a good 6 hrs last night. good stuff. now I just gotta figure a way to make my Directx revert back to 9. my pcs fighting me on that aspect though. and hey, thx for the quick response. thought id be waiting weeks lol.

Glad it's working! What faction did you pick?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

hello, I am not sure about what's going on but i follow installation instructions for steam. everything seems to go good and then i do this part "" go to properties, in the general tab click 'Set Launch Options' and type " -mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm""", i go to run and it like starts to process but never fully launches the mod or total war at all. In installation it talks about having total war rome gold but i have emperor editition so im wondering if i can still play this or maybe is the app beta ended? I am very unsure and some help would be greatly appricated

webba84's Avatar Artifex

As I understand it Emperor Edition refers to Total War: Rome II. This mod is for the original Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion.

Which is totally worth getting, if you don't have it

damn that makes more sense, , well thank you and I would consider that but probaly will when i have some extra money haha

I need help i installed the mod using the instructions given but when,after setting the launch options like this -mod:bi/fatw -nm -ne -show_err , and i run barbarian invasion it crashes and gives me an error with a script saying egyptian_granary recgonised.
    Need help.

I need help after all instructions followed it crashes giving me the egyptian_granary not recgonised.

Odd; I've never seen that message show up. Are you able to launch vanilla RTW and/or BI?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

I do recall seeing that message before somewhere, but not the exact circumstances. Can you please describe the installation process you followed, in detail and including what version of RTW you are using (Steam or Disk), and what the installation folder is?

Thanks!

Hi, I got a script error: overlay_slot_filler_48x32_112x64_roman.cas does not exist. Do you have any idea how to fix it?
    regards
    Klaus

I don't believe I've seen that error before. Could you provide more information about your setup, which version of the mod you're using, and when you see the error?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spartan456 View Post
    damn that makes more sense, , well thank you and I would consider that but probaly will when i have some extra money haha
    Steam sales this Summer hehe
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast