View Poll Results: What rule(s) should be in place for spies?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 50% Rule

0 0%
  • 720+ Units Rule

2 33.33%
  • Both Rules

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Hail To The King~ A StainlessSteel 6.4 HS - POLAND OPEN!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default ~Hail To The King~ A StainlessSteel 6.4 HS - POLAND OPEN!

Welcome to Hail to the King, A Stainless Steel 6.4 Late Era HotSeat Campaign.
    This campaign was started by kolu2210 +rep the the man
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Admins
    RockeZz_19
    Kilicarslan33
    Ramble12

Factions/Players

England- StOuFf

France-KingofPoland

Aragon-MichaelAlex

Portugal-kolu2210

Sicily- Shreklayers

Venice-Onii-san

Byzantium-SirCumfrance

Hungary-themegosh

Poland- OPEN

Teutonic Order-DeanBurrito

Denmark- NEMO

SS.6.4 Settings
    SS 6.4 Mod can be found here: (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...l-6-4-Released!)

Map&Border

Basic Rules
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- You have 24hrs to complete your turn. If you are more then 24hrs late without notification Your turn will be skipped.
    -
    Being Late repeatedly will result in removal from the campaign.-Arrange a sub if you are going to be more then 24hrs late. Otherwise the turn will be skipped or subbed very quickly by an admin, do not expect a lot of time to be spent on your turn if it is left up to the admin.
    -Once you have been skipped/subbed it is final and we will move on to the next turn, do not ask to replay if you don't like the results.

- No exploits/bugs allowed. F.e. Besieging a settlement to deny reinforcements, movement bug, merchant stack/fort, agent stomping, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, armies on ships to go through enemy zone of control (brown tiles where armies should stop), spies spreading plague, abandoning settlements so you may sack them repeatedly.. ect
    - If you are discovered using an exploit/bug/cheat of any kind then you will be removed from the HotSeat. So if you think what you are doing might be considered an exploit then confirm with the Admin before posting your turn.

Military rules
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit (ballista/catapult) must be visible if used to directly assault settlement.
    -No screenshot is required for battles with AI factions

- Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in fortifications (fort/settlement) when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - Heroic victories vs players aren't allowed (exception when it's impossible to get another result)
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports without first defeating the blockading navy.
    -No attacking ships in ports using a game bug.
    -It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port. .
    - Not allowed to sally out if the result is a defeat.
    -No making unit walls to block agents/assassins?

Crusades and Jihads Rules:

-Crusades and Jihads are not allowed for this hotseat.

Agent rules
    - A spy cannot open the gates of settlements/forts if it is garrisoned with +720 men.
    - 1 spy with at least 50% chance of infiltration needed to open gates of fort/settlement, screenshots must be posted.
    - Princesses are not allowed to steal Generals/Family Members. They may marry other players characters only through diplomatic means.
    -Assassins cannot sabotage nor are they allowed to kill family members/princesses.
    - Assassins need at least 75% to assassinate Generals, 50% chance to assassinate agents, and against other assassins just 30% is needed. Screenshots required.
    - Merchants need 50% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have acquired Trade rights to.
    -Screenshots are required for any successful Agent action.

Settlement rules
    - No destroying buildings.
    -
    No selling settlements to AI factions
    -You cannot give or receive settlements from other players if the settlements are under threat (enemy army 1 turn from being within siege range.
    - Limit of 3 Forts per region for each faction. A unit of no less than 100 men is required to be garrisoned at each fort.
    - When receiving a region through diplomacy all units except 1 must be disbanded.
    - Not allowed to exterminate settlements

Diplomacy rules

-No allying Pope
    -Any new player taking command of a faction previously held by another player cannot attack or be attacked by a faction he's officially allied with for at least 5 turns.
    -Is not allowed to make an AI faction a Vassal
    -Faction Suicide is illegal. Anyone suspecting someone else trying to commit suicide or not playing to the best of his abilities must report it to an admin immediately. Any party involved in the splitting up or taking advantage of such gameplay will be fined accordingly.

Rules are subject to change based on player feedback.

Victory Conditions
    Y
    ou or your alliance must defeat all other players either through conquest or diplomacy.

Last edited by Jadli; February 10, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

Default Re: ~Hail To The King~ A StainlessSteel 6.4 HS

Venice is up first! Have a great campaign everyone!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6U...ew?usp=sharing

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Great set up thanks for launching Macrath!

No going outside the black borders?

yessir the black line is the border. All factions outside the border have been destroyed. Byzantium and Genoa had a settlement outside the border so those were also turned over to the rebels. the General+units stationed in those settlements were moved to a settlement inside the border so their mainland has been re-enforced while they have lost a distant settlement. I think the Ai and rebel settlements that remain within the border should create a nice early buffer between players. HRE is AI so I am sure everyone is going to want a piece of that pie

Sorry guys I have to withdraw. I thought it would be a different hs
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Awesome very excited
    Thanks Macrath

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, took the venice save to see if i installed the next heir submod correctly. Turns out i didn't. When i try to start the game with that save, i get a ctd. Can someone explayn step by step how the mod is installed and what files it takes?

Yeah np.

Next Heir Install instructions.
    1. Download http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...9&d=1429894983
    2. Extract it to your SS6.4 folder and overwrite
    3. Download http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...2&d=1429895521
    4. Open the file and extract: export_descr_ancillaries.txt into the following path: Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data
    5. Open the Late Era folder and extract: export_ancillaries.txt into following path: Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\data\text
    6. Run SS_setup and check the next heir box in the SS settings window as shown in the OP

Quite a hassle for a little "extra". Not something I would normally include in a HS, but it is what was requested from the creator of the HS.

Quote Originally Posted by invicta View Post
    Sorry guys I have to withdraw. I thought it would be a different hs
    And so it begins
    Last edited by Macrath; October 05, 2015 at 12:22 PM.

Lord Luka's Avatar Senator

So what do we do with Poland? I would say we can remove Portugal and have Poland instead.

A replacement for Poland will be found. I would rather remove Teutonic order and keep Portugal and Poland playable, if it even comes down to removing a faction. But let's not get ahead of ourselves yet Lot's of time before Poland's turn is up... unless ppl start playing at an unusually fast pace..
    It has become a bit of a trend for Veterans lately to join a HotSeat just to drop out once it is ready to go. Usually because they don't like a rule or an agent limitation, the map or another player... blahh blahhh blahh. My two children aren't even as picky at dinner time as some folks here are about their HotSeats.
    Last edited by Macrath; October 05, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

Well the mod works in single player, but though the venice save CTD's.
    Anyway, what's the faction turn order?/Player play order ??
    Last edited by Basileos Predator; October 05, 2015 at 01:45 PM.

Was next heir in use when the Venice turn was generated?

Yeah. Does the turn work for you? I just loaded up the save, all factions have the Next Heir Crown ancillary working just fine.
    Last edited by Macrath; October 05, 2015 at 01:42 PM.

Idk, i tried the save too, but it doesn't work, even though the next heir crown submod works in single player. I'll re-download it and try it again. Will see if it's ok.

Re^^ : The save doesn't work. When i try to load up the save, it CTD's.

Yep, I tried as well. When I load the save, the game crashes before it finishes loading. Unspecified error.

Could it be because of the way factions were disabled? Using the steam version. I'm able to load previous hotseats for other campaigns just fine so I don't believe its my installation.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

I just tried loading the save and the same thing happens, may I suggest we not use the next heir mod?

I strongly believe this has something to do with the edit to the AI factions/map changes and not the mod. If removing the mod solves the issue then we should go ahead and do that to just get started but I think we need to add the changes Macrath made to all of our SS files.

KingofPoland's Avatar Semisalis

If I'm not mistaken I think Macrath may have only used the console to make the map, so the usual SS 6.4 data should be fine with the hotseat file.

Kolu, you seem to have downloaded next heir before starting this hotseat, so yours should be downloaded properly, could you try opening the file to see if it works for you, if it does then that just means everyone else didn't properly install next heir, if not, then the problem is elsewhere.

Yes I also suggest not using the next heir mod. It isn't needed and is just one extra step to screw up

Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast