Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

NEW: CAMPAIGN AI MOD FOR NTW3 VERSION 7.6 post #12
    Give some feedback on how you campaign plays out
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; December 27, 2017 at 02:06 PM.

Great Thank You Bran !! Do You still have intentions to make improvements of this submod in future ?

Patrician

When they iron out the bugs I may do another update with the battle AI settings.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Brilliant, thank you Can't wait (if you make one, hopefully you do) for battle improvements to make AI proper challenge

Oh darn:

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bran Mac Born again."

Last edited by TheRomanRuler; December 29, 2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Patrician

Hey kidz how is this campaign working? What's happening at the front?

Does this submod fix these inaccuracies in main NTW3 7.6 campaign Bran?

I have played this mod for a while now and while it is hands down as realistic as you can get concerning multiplayer, I've noticed things in the campaign which I believe could be improved/fixed easily enough.

1. Spain seems to support Napoleon regularly throughout his campaigns after say 1807 when Spain has beefed up their armies to the point of being expansionist, none of France's other allies seem to support them and France already has ally units in their recruitment pool. Historically napoleon ordered Spain to send a division under general Romana to support him in Denmark but after Spain turned on him the British helped Romana and his division escape Denmark and return to Spain to fight against French.
    I think Spain in game should be an ally but not friendly with France(sort of forced upon them), and also change their campaign_personalities table so they don't support him in campaigns or take provinces like ex.Transylvania for themselves and maybe even eventually declare war on France after they steamroll Austria and Prussia, forcing France to invade the Peninsula(you see where I'm going with this) to make a sort of peninsular war(make Madrid almost impossible for France to hold public order wise and the other Spanish provinces though to hold onto too, anyways main problem is spain sending army after army to invade with napoleon in game(has to be fixed imho)

2. Britain in game does eventually land amphibious armies but it always seems to be northern France(Brittany mainly and maybe Caen), I realize you have a mission directing them to take Hannover and Balearic Islands but they ever only once went for Hannover and never go for Balearic Islands, but almost always seems to want to invade Brittany, again could be improved by putting more concern in behavior with completing mission assigned.

3. Prussia sometimes around 1807 (if haven't gotten into war with France already) usually likes to go after Austria which then crumbles from France and Prussian might which for that time period is inaccurate as they were allies always in coalitions against France.

4. Napoleon actually does what he's suppose to do by eventually capturing Vienna(sometimes on the rare occasion France doesn't expand and stops at taking Tyrol, Hessen and maybe Venice) but It seems he can hold on to Factions capitals public order wise so easily, I think coalition capitals should be fiercely opposing France's occupation not have like 22 and say 19 public order for high and low classes respectively, some provinces are tough to hold onto like Hessen etc which I don't understand.

anyways there's some of my pointers but absolutely love the work you guys have put into this fantastic mod, keep up the tremendous work!
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Patrician

If you want to see what happens you have to play the mod. It does not play out like regular NTW3. The Ai is more expansive and aggressive.

Love your Submods Bran have played a lot of Dartmod before, so thank you for modding

Is the 7.6 Version optimized for 40 Units Stacks ?

Patrician

You can use this with 40 unit stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    You can use this with 40 unit stacks.
    THX for the fast answer

Patrician

NEW: BRAN CAMPAIGN AI SETTINGS WITH BRAN BATTLE AI SETTINGS. version 7.6.
    Tougher AI with longer range artillery-new mass settings for deadly Cavalry attacks.
    save game compatible- post#14 FEEDBACK IS WELCOME
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 02, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks man! Amazing job! Loving the Sub mod so far!

I cannot find the download link for 7.6. Am I blind or what's going on?

Hello !
    I loved your BAI and CAI on Empire so naturally I have to get this for my fresh installed NTW3
    I have a question though

Can we still play multiplayer battles with other NTW3 players who didn't install your version at post 14 (BAI+CAI) ?

Sorry if it's a dumb question

Patrician

The multiplayer setting are stand alone from the single player settings so yes.

Ok thanks Bran !

complutum's Avatar Foederatus

Does this mod affects the slower pace of units?, as i like it as it is in NTW3 giving me time to maneuver and make not so bad campaign battles against AI.

Patrician

the units move slow but not as slow as ntw3 is too s l o w as to be as in s l o w motion. You will be able to maneuver fine.

complutum's Avatar Foederatus

thanks for your answer, will download it and try.

I installed the 7.6 mod for campaign but I see no changes. Units still tire after marching for less than a minute. Cavalry are slow as hell, even on the charge. Line or any other infantry for that matter can't even land a hit on a mass of over 200 troops infront of them. It's understandable that the modders were looking for realism but this is no where near and It's unfortunate that it probably won't change.
    I know these are problems inherent in the base mod itself but it is quite tedious now trying to enjoy game.
    Am I really this thick that I can't download one file to work on my computer. That being said it might be a problem on my side. Nevertheless I would very much appreciate if you could give me some guidance on how to download and use your mod.