Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of Sparta Out Now!

CA Developer Icon Wrath of Sparta Out Now!

The Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack is out now, and we’ve got a new trailer showing the might of the Spartans to get you in the mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdcVBj_eDGQ

A whole new campaign with more conquerable regions than SHOGUN 2; Wrath of Sparta is a huge, engrossing new take on ROME II guaranteed to add hours of gameplay.

We’re also hosting a live stream at 3.30pm GMT over on our Twitch channel with a Q&A with designer Jack Lusted, so be sure to tune in: twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

The Wrath of Sparta Campaign Pack is available now on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327280/

-Will CA
    Total War: Shogun 2 and its mod tool set, The Assembly Kit, are on the Steam Workshop. Check it out here.

The formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Wrath of Sparta Out Now!

It said it will be updated in roughly another 2 hours ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

guys, try starting the game if it isn't downloading automatically on steam! (1.1 GB downloading atm)

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Yeaaahhhh New stuff.
    I know a pony whom needs to get to work!

OMG NEW PERSIAN LINOTRAX!!!!
    I really like the new gear you guys made great work!!!
    And I really like the new sorting policy, it could be better, but I like it =)

AND 3 NEW SHIPS!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; December 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

it seems they use some similar coreography fighting style from 300 for the trailer

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

My friend WillCA...Could you please answer me few questions?
    How dificult is for CA texture designers to search for few minutes Google?
    How dificult is to make A SINGLE new animation?

If you and your team would search Google for no more than 2-3 minutes you could find the 8 Moras of Spartans and their shield paterns!
    How much "lazy" is your team to simply design 30-40 new shield paterns for a PAYED and not FREE DLC?
    EDIT:
    What I found in ONLY one minute:
    Spartan Kings
    Spartan King (Leonidas with Gorgon)
    Spartan Mora leader

Spartan Morae (battalions) shields plus King's, Bodyguards and Spartoi ones!

The patern with the Λ was not in use in that era!!
    SPARTAN MORAE
    How dificult was for you guys that ask our money to do this?????????????????
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

More difficult than asking us money for recycled textures and models (and animations :/).

The trailer looks nice. The lack of city walls is good in the trailer. That explains how powerful the Spartans are in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    The trailer looks nice. The lack of city walls is good in the trailer. That explains how powerful the Spartans are in the trailer.
    Sparta has walls in the game... Too bad that the campaign is now more sea oriented that ever while the naval combat seems as retarded as before. I sometimes cry myself to sleep thinking how they managed to do well with Empire but not with Rome II....

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Sparta has walls in the game... Too bad that the campaign is now more sea oriented that ever while the naval combat seems as retarded as before. I sometimes cry myself to sleep thinking how they managed to do well with Empire but not with Rome II....
    Have you already played this dlc? I ask because you mention the naval game and I am interested on it.

I sure hope there was actual improvements made to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    Have you already played this dlc? I ask because you mention the naval game and I am interested on it.
    It is the same as before and i am also a bit disappointed with the DLC so far. The map is very beautiful but the variety of units is very low and the gamebalance is not the best. After 30 turns Athen was conquered by the Thebeans and never recovered. That was the time it took for me as Sparta to expand in to Attika. I never fought any Athenean Army Managing Athen is comparable with the Western Roman Empire in Barbarian Invasion. Also the Units. We have around 10 Landunits per faction and except Sparta which is unique they share all the same, except the Thebean Cavalry. Athen and Corinth have unique ships i guess, but in comparison to the landunits you don't recoqnize the difference.

By the way we can't play with the DLC units in costum battles.

So far i would rate the DLC with 6/10 (6 out of 10).

I expected something between Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai, but in the end it is just Rise of the Samurai which was kind of lame if i am honest.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Thank you Marcus!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I bought wrath of sparta and i cant play it!! It says that i have it but when i tried to enter it it gives me the "wrath of sparta" with the upper right money bag symbol and i cannot enter it .... what the heck is going on here?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    It is the same as before and i am also a bit disappointed with the DLC so far. The map is very beautiful but the variety of units is very low and the gamebalance is not the best. After 30 turns Athen was conquered by the Thebeans and never recovered. That was the time it took for me as Sparta to expand in to Attika. I never fought any Athenean Army Managing Athen is comparable with the Western Roman Empire in Barbarian Invasion. Also the Units. We have around 10 Landunits per faction and except Sparta which is unique they share all the same, except the Thebean Cavalry. Athen and Corinth have unique ships i guess, but in comparison to the landunits you don't recoqnize the difference.

By the way we can't play with the DLC units in costum battles.

So far i would rate the DLC with 6/10 (6 out of 10).

I expected something between Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai, but in the end it is just Rise of the Samurai which was kind of lame if i am honest.
    I would say its 1/10 and I would not even say its as good as Rise of the Samurai since Shogun II is far more better game as a whole than Rome II. Only a few unique units, naval battle is still horrible despite adding transport ship update, and I conqured Athens as Korinthos in turn 6 on Very Hard... Nuff Said

Good i didn't buy this DLC i really liked a campaign as this but if they dont even bother to update there naval system "for a DLC thats mostly based on naval" and same for the hoplite animation bug Properly also not fixed, Why sould i then bother to buy it. Im done with that DLC money grapping boogus.. Yeah new units and a new tech tree great NOT when they not even bother in trying to make there game mechanics better.

Sry but your photoshop screens,trailers got more work done then the whole game.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    I would say its 1/10 and I would not even say its as good as Rise of the Samurai since Shogun II is far more better game as a whole than Rome II. Only a few unique units, naval battle is still horrible despite adding transport ship update, and I conqured Athens as Korinthos in turn 6 on Very Hard... Nuff Said
    Horrible? uff, ok I will keep on my modding work in Empire.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks Jack for the detailed explanation on Twitch about why Sicily isn't included in the WoS DLC. While I appreciate candid info about the technical limitations of your maps and poor pathfinding on larger maps being the reason for not including Sicily or Magna Graecia in the DLC, those limitations are what is causing me to avoid this DLC. That and naval battles of course. I hope CA makes less limited maps with better pathfinding in the future -- and I'll consider purchasing those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Thanks Jack for the detailed explanation on Twitch about why Sicily isn't included in the WoS DLC. While I appreciate candid info about the technical limitations of your maps and poor pathfinding on larger maps being the reason for not including Sicily or Magna Graecia in the DLC, those limitations are what is causing me to avoid this DLC. That and naval battles of course. I hope CA makes less limited maps with better pathfinding in the future -- and I'll consider purchasing those games.
    That are all 32 bit limitations, Till they go 64bit they will always need to cut corners.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    I bought wrath of sparta and i cant play it!! It says that i have it but when i tried to enter it it gives me the "wrath of sparta" with the upper right money bag symbol and i cannot enter it .... what the heck is going on here?
    It means at that time for whatever reason the game did not recognize that you had bought the DLC.

There is a message that tells you to restart Rome 2 - this is only if you were playing the game prior to the DLC being released.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast