Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: A/R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.9

Default Re: R2:TW GEMFX - Version 1.0.3

Salut si un français passe par la pour m expliquer cette nouvelle version que je n’arrivent pas a mettre en route merci d’avance.

Hello,

First off: I love this mod! I actually did not play Rome 2 that much anymore because of the general jaggy-ness of the game, it was really terrible! When I activated this version of your mod ( I had problems with previous versions because I am running windows 8.1), I literally almost fell of my chair! It is amazingly sharp now, and the lightning and the dirty lens effect are amazing! I cant stop looking at it and be amazed! Hats of to you Lucifer!

I did encounter something that is not directly a problem with GEM. I use Lightpack, a sort of Ambilight for pc, and to capture the colors which the lights have to display, you have to use Playclaw, a quite known program for capturing gameplay. It detects the video output, like openGL, dx9, dx10 or dx11. This always worked perfectly for me. When I started Rome 2, a little square would pop up that Playclaw had detected a dx11 video output, and the lights behind my screen would display the correct colors for Rome 2.

However, when I use the GEM shader, it does not detect a thing. I get no confirmation from Playclaw that it detected a DirectX application running. When I disable GEMFX, it works again. My (amateur)conclusion would be that for some reason, with GEMFX enabled, Rome 2 is not seen as a program that uses DirectX.
    Is this explainable in how GEMFX works, or could this be an undesired side-effect? I understand that this is not a real problem with GEMFX in General, as GEMFX itself is working perfectly, but it is related to GEMFX and its mechanics non the less. Does anyone has any idea?

Wow! This mod seriously has a lot of screenshot potential. For example these 2 epic siege shots.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...5D3CAE0867987/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...EA186FE6AA60E/

I can't get GEM to work after I reinstalled my game.
    I was having issues running RTW2 and did a fresh reinstall, followed the GEM installation instruction as usual and ran the game through the Mitch Mod manger but GEM isn't activated in game, I just get Vanilla, I lunched the GEMFX configuration tool and made sure GEMFX was activated but still nothing works, can't get the gem ingame menu, can't reload shader or blue edges, no indication what so ever that it is working.

All other mods I have are working perfectly except GEM, I have searched for a solution for a whole day but now am at my wits end, any help would be appreciated.

i7-4770
    8GB RAM
    Geforce 970GTX

vlakc's Avatar Civis

Just posting to let people know that I got GEMFX running in my win8.1, here's what you might have to do to solve your issues

Go to the technical support thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hnical-Support and download and install all the links in posts #2 and post #11, bear in mind that some of those files might already be installed on your pc. And just to be safe, disable steam overlay and run GEM in compatibility mode without UI by-pass (otherwise it crashes for me)

In my case, it was as Lucifer hawk said, my problem was related to not having the latest net framework and visual c++.

Hope this helps.

Additional AA options are grayed out, how can i enable them? Thank you for the mod!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

disable steam overlay and run GEM in compatibility mode
    your suggestions are good vlakc but these steps is certainly not needed. People should not touch too many things at a time. I have no issues on Win 8.1 with both settings in standard.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    LoL, maybe I should hire you as moderator ...
    Thanks for your appreciation but currently I am too busy with another TW project
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandr0 View Post
    Additional AA options are grayed out, how can i enable them? Thank you for the mod!
    They aren't implemented yet, it will be a while before they are done.

i made this mod work but i think there still something wrong with the settings in the gemfx configurator . when i play the game the shadows are super super dark so it looks like one half of my soldiers is light (lets say normal) and the other is super dark. i have windows 8.1

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Back from a 2 weeks travels. Latest default version loads and looks nice without messing with it.

EDIT: Found that I have to "Save Configuration" to get changes to apply in-game - in case anyone else is having that problem.
    Last edited by Pdguru; November 30, 2014 at 05:23 PM.

So is this mod for people that can actually run Rome 2 on extreme with everything maxed? After three days of trying I realized my little Toshiba that miraculously ran Shogun 2 on ultra with 30 fps can't even run this with 5. Idk what I was thinking or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, this looks like a great mod, but do I really need a $2000 computer to run this properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Umero View Post
    So is this mod for people that can actually run Rome 2 on extreme with everything maxed? After three days of trying I realized my little Toshiba that miraculously ran Shogun 2 on ultra with 30 fps can't even run this with 5. Idk what I was thinking or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, this looks like a great mod, but do I really need a $2000 computer to run this properly?
    It doesn't affect performance much unless you are running large resolutions above 1080p. Aside from that some options in Rome are a lot more intensive than others. Always make sure vegetation alpha is set to off. Unit quality set to extreme and shadows set to extreme are intensive too.

Quote Originally Posted by vlakc View Post
    Just posting to let people know that I got GEMFX running in my win8.1, here's what you might have to do to solve your issues

Go to the technical support thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hnical-Support and download and install all the links in posts #2 and post #11, bear in mind that some of those files might already be installed on your pc. And just to be safe, disable steam overlay and run GEM in compatibility mode without UI by-pass (otherwise it crashes for me)

In my case, it was as Lucifer hawk said, my problem was related to not having the latest net framework and visual c++.

Hope this helps.
    I have win7, I followed the instructions on how to fix this issue in posts #2 and #11 ( to be clear, installed net frame and c++ runtimes, restarted my PC and reinstalled the files provided in the links, restarted my pc after installation)

GEMFX still not present when I ran the game, used both official mod manger and mitch's but nothing happened.

I rolled back to GEM 5.5 HD which I convinatly found laying around it's still good, will attempt to install GEMFX again after I reinstall my OS as I want to move it to an SSD anyway.

Hi lucifer .you could make us a tutorial videos explaining how to put the GEMFX sil plait.Merci you very much.

Does GEMFX works with window mode ?

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

GEM was working flawlessly for me until a Windows Update was notified to me and so i decided to install it (the kb3000850 one, on W8.1 pro). After that GEMFX caused the game to crash on start. I had to uninstall this update manually in order to "resolve" the problem.
    Maybe this info could be useful to someone.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Hi lucifer .you could make us a tutorial videos explaining how to put the GEMFX sil plait.Merci you very much.
    I cannot on this computer but once I have my real dev system back (which I dont know when it will be).

Quote Originally Posted by Lesquen View Post
    Does GEMFX works with window mode ?
    Yes, it should.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

hey guys, gemfx runs beautifully for me on win 7 and im loving the new effects.

Just a quick noobish question. How on earth do i tweak the settings.

I remember for gem it was just editing the setting files but they're no longer present ?

Its ok problem solved, didnt see the configurator there
    Last edited by kamikazee786; December 01, 2014 at 05:01 PM.
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    hey guys, gemfx runs beautifully for me on win 7 and im loving the new effects.

Just a quick noobish question. How on earth do i tweak the settings.

I remember for gem it was just editing the setting files but they're no longer present ?
    They are still present in the GEMFX/Presets folder. However, they are not really human read-able but used as input for the configurator. Changes will be applied in the configurator and once you hit the "Save Configuration" button, the GEMFX_settings.cfg in GEMFX/Presets/current will be overwritten. This is also the preset GEMFX will load when starting a game. You can copy that preset to other folder in GEMFX/Presets e.g. GEMFX/Presets/MyPreset which will then become a user preset which you can load with the in-game menu.