Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Corsair Invasion v1.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Corsair Invasion v1.0 Bugs & Issues Thread

Great mod!

Most errors I have noticed have already been mentioned.

-One thing I have noticed is that the Black Land Mercenaries hold their shield sideways (45 degrees)when defending. Seems illogical, was this intensional?

-Population growth seems out of control. (I have never liked grain resources.) Most of these town were here and of similar size during the War of the Ring, why would they now all shoot up in population and become large cities?

-The path between Mordor and the town north of Minas Morgul is too narrow and the game doesn't put in roads.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

The Blackland Merc shield issue is well known. We've not decided to do anything about it yet; one of the Team even quite likes it

Grain resources have been removed in the soon-to-be-released Fix Patch 1.1

I am still thinking about how best to resolve the road issue with Durthang. Suggestions welcome.

Thx. for your feedback - it is appreciated.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Tiberius Brutus's Avatar Foederatus

Maybe just enlarge the province a bit? Or would that ruin some (Unknown to me at least) "historically" accurate province border?

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,
    then what is an empty desk?
    Einstein

Citizen

To fix the road all you need to do is increase the area that is passible. In map_ground_types make the area that is "blue" wider rather than the "prunish" color of the mountians. At least I think that will work, I haven't tested it.

Good luck too you. I really like this mod and can't wait til I can play the full thing and expand northward.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
    DaVinci,

I have tested your saved game twice with the bridge battle - and Nabulung was killed in both. However, the CTD you describe only occurred once. It would seem not to be related to the character's death.

I would be greatly appreciative if you or any other person reading this could do some further testing on this to track down the circumstances which cause the CTD as I am working on a lot of other things for a CI fix patch right now. Thx again for everyone's interest in our Mod.
    Well, i'm as well too busy atm. for testing/checking this out.
    Perhaps you have one 'house-test-member' who can do this?
    I also would be really glad if you can fix this thing, as i'm very interested in continuing soon this campaign.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Tracking down less-obvious glitches can take days, even weeks. Skilled dev. team members would be taken away from important work if they had to do all the checking of circumstances under which a CTd or other error might occur - hence we must rely on the public in this regard.

If others come across this CTD then it will help us build a picture of when and where (and by extension eventually why this occurs) - for us to spend more time on it at this time will delay fixes that might well solve it anyway

Has anyone else experienced this - or tested for it - yet?

Civis

i had the same problem with my pc, a lot of lag and thay where 2 reasons
    - you have to select miles 2d for audio system
    - your screen size must be the same in and out the game , i dont know why but the first helps for the freeze when you are positioning your troops and the second fixes the lag problem

Can anyone confirm campesino's second point about screen resolution?

Thx. campesino.

OK, I have run into a problem. For some reason, I am getting a hung application on the loading screen going into battle. It just doesn't work, I tried a night battle, I tried letting him attack me, I tried loading different savegames, I tried rebooting, I tried running a virus scan and spyware scan, and rebooting again, I tried everything, it has to be some sort of glitch. Quite fustrating, too, since I had just taken MT as Rhun and am about to cross the bridge south of MT towards Pelagir. If any of the team wants my save files, I'll happily supply them, so they can take a look at the ancillaries and characters and map and whatever else may be causing the glitch.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Prof, you may be experiencing the war wain bug. When a certian number of war wains appears in battlemap mode, a crash occurs. Usually it is a blue landscape screen followed by a CTD.

I have no idea why this occurs and I think you would have a better guess - how could war wains cause this? It occurs in CBs too so it is not related to the general.

I have loaded up 2 units in campaign battles, one of 32 soldiers and one of 34 soldiers, which is fine. When I had another battle with the 32-soldier bodyguard unit and another with 58 soldiers then the ctd occurred. So, somehwere between 66 and 90 soldiers in-battle for war wains causes a ctd. I have not tested if it occurs if those 90 soldiers are attached to one unit, rather than 2.

I have adjusted the war wain a little in 1.2 but it is still occurring; in fact I think the above test was in 1.2 (or 1.1).

Any ideas anyone? This one is beyond my knowledge as it is perhaps related to models, lods, textures or animations.

Feel free to pass over the save game file anyway - but I'm not sure what i can do if it is the war-wain bug. It is listed in the known issues in the readme.txt. We recommend not entering into battlemap mode when you have more than 1 Easterling general present.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; November 17, 2006 at 04:48 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Don't know if it is really related to this issue, but perhaps the bi show_me default scripts cause those problems (if they are still active, i already gave this hint in the 'Crusades' thread)?
    As this ctd-bug is not present in ChivTW based on RTW ... and perhaps this is also the problem with my former bridge ctd report?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

DaVinci,

I am not a scripter but we do not have the advisors activated in RTW - and have done no scripting ourselves. Can you explain what you mean?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone
    DaVinci,

I am not a scripter but we do not have the advisors activated in RTW - and have done no scripting ourselves. Can you explain what you mean?
    Well, i didn't have had the time to look into this thing, but what i saw in short, is that the default bi-scripts are battle related, and these scripts aren't to be activated extra with the advisor show_me script, so they might be active always within bi ... i'm as well not a skilled scripter, and also i haven't modded bi seriously nor looked into it deep, so i don't know it this is a culprit for bi-mods, but who knows ... it might be a chance to disable all bi-default-scripts completely for bi-mods, that have total conversion content? And the repetitive ctd that 'The Crusades' has is as well present wether the show_me script is active or not, so ...

I've installed the mod, the 1.2 patch and the music patch, followed the instructions to the letter, however, starting bi merely starts bi - the only thing that's changed is the loading bar. I've noticed that the loading bar has changed in RTW as well.

The only thing I can think of is that I've no CD - patched both programs due to an unfortunate incident involvinga fire[lace and my CD wallet - could this have interfered somehow?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JF04
    I've installed the mod, the 1.2 patch and the music patch, followed the instructions to the letter, however, starting bi merely starts bi - the only thing that's changed is the loading bar. I've noticed that the loading bar has changed in RTW as well.

The only thing I can think of is that I've no CD - patched both programs due to an unfortunate incident involvinga fire[lace and my CD wallet - could this have interfered somehow?
    Did you add the "-mod:bi\ci" to the end of the BI shortcut?

Oh man, what a stupid oversight! It works now. Thanks

Patrician Artifex

To fullfill my community CI-beta tester property , i'm playtesting RK camp. with 1.2 patched*, and had an end-turn ctd, no battle-action involved. I attach the saved game (turn FO 237winter) before it happened, i'm not sure in which turn the ctd occurs, but it wasn't far away from FO 237 winter, maybe the next turn or so.

*without any custom-moddings of mine.

EDIT: Attachment removed, this ctd isn't present anymore.
    Last edited by DaVinci; November 18, 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Davinci,

Thank you for this. However, having played several times with your saved game I am experiencing no CTD. Perhaps you can try to get it to save the turn before the crash so I can see exactly how things stand?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Davinci,

Thank you for this. However, having played several times with your saved game I am experiencing no CTD. Perhaps you can try to get it to save the turn before the crash so I can see exactly how things stand?
    Played this now until 241summer without issues, so my previous ctd might be a random thing (probably rtw-vanilla related). Will remove the attachment above and edit a hint that is is not actually a real ctd present.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Played this now until 241summer without issues, so my previous ctd might be a random thing (probably rtw-vanilla related). Will remove the attachment above and edit a hint that is is not actually a real ctd present.
    Thanks for testing, DaVinci!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast