Thread: Make main Daymios immortal.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon1 Make main Daymios immortal.

I'm thinking only about the major faction daymios who have their own entry in the unit.tables.

Is there a way to have them get this immortality trait like main faction leader like Napoleon have in NTW, or like Caesar, Vercingetorix, Hannibal in Rome 2 ?

Instead of getting killed in battle they would just be hurt and be respawn in capital. They would only be killed if their capital is taken.

Also, they would noyt be killable by ninja supermen.

It exist in the game before and the one game after (NTW and R2TW), because of the engine similarities I thought it might be possible !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Default Re: Make main Daymios immortal.

You have to build a new startpos.esf

1) Open Tweak, click on the "Tools" option and select DAVE.

2) Click on the "View" option, and select "Table Launcher".

This will bring up all the DB tables and Startpos entries.

3) Open the DB table "start_pos_characters"

In the "immortal" column set this option to "true" if you want that character to be immortal. When finished click the Apply button and close Tweak.

4) Open BOB, In the "Raw Data" menu go to the "EmpireDesignData/campaign" folder and check the "jap_shogun" box. On the pop-up menu select "all". Then press the "start" button to build the startpos.esf. Once BOB has finished you need to add the new startpos.esf from the "total war shogun 2\modding\working_data" folder to a mod pack using the Pack File Manager (PFM). The startpos.esf has to go in the campaigns\jap_shogun folder.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Its possible as above or using ESF editor to edit the startpos directly (one of the bools in character nodes). Bear in mind it doesn't work with child characters though as when the child comes of age the character is killed and a character with the same name is created by the game engine as an adult.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you very much @ Theratnextdoor and @ The Hedge Knight for the explanations. I never tried to change startpos before, only did minor modifications in db tables, but there's a begining to everything. If it works, I will experiement with immortal major daymios only. Seen how the gameplay turns out.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Its possible as above or using ESF editor to edit the startpos directly (one of the bools in character nodes). Bear in mind it doesn't work with child characters though as when the child comes of age the character is killed and a character with the same name is created by the game engine as an adult.
    Do you know off hand which/where the boolean controller is for immortal when editing the startpos? (not talking about assemblykit, but using PFM)

looking to make a few simple changes without rebuilding startpos

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod