Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IB2FD wip status

Default Re: IB2FD wip status

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Aren't you a moderator of this sub-forum?
    Midnite, Reno, Rhalina and I are this IBFD mod leaders and all of us mentioned are moderators here
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 05, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    hI Demagogs, I just added the thuringii and gepids as factions to be included in the mod
    Great ! Are there some faction slots which are still not decided about yet?

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    How did I post in your reply ???
    You probably pressed "edit post" buttom instead of "reply with quote" buttom and since you have moderators right it happens that you eddited my post

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    You built a mod beyond imagining... the pinnacle of waiting and the envy of the forums.... did you think it would last? The eternal mod, a glorious monument to power, culture, and history. But the old wolf lies wounded by the lack of staff and circled by vultures. Worried to death by a thousand, tiny faceless mouths... brought low by your own ambition... these are the death throes of the release of IBFD... the land of western europe dims... and gathers... If you have such precious time to complete your factions... for your units to be finished. Even at the moment of your final release... you will take no.. comfort in oblivion... For I'm planning to play the out you. I ride with my amazing rig! I bring the end of sleep! I am! The scourge! of MODS!! *Smashes keyboard* And I will play your mod... forever...
    Nice. I immediately noticed the comparison with Attila.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post

I believe some factions are still being decided on.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post

You probably pressed "edit post" buttom instead of "reply with quote" buttom and since you have moderators right it happens that you eddited my post
    We do have a basic foundation of factions. Will post soon on them and any additional information once we have them set up the developers room. I accidently hit edit sometimes when responding to posts. This probably happens to many monitors who are mod developers.. Apologies if this occurs my friend. I will try soon to get to your Vandalorvm questions soon on the Vandals thread

Thanks for replys midnite and Riothamus. Looking forward to see the entire faction list, hope you will find a room for a slavic faction despite the fact that map is quite poor on regions in north eastern Europe.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; November 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

We will add many factions new to IB II, and we will add new made faction icons for all factions. Many are already ready, I am working on the Hunnic icon based on a picture midnite posted. When ready Rio will preview the finished icons.

Cheers.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Great to hear something is going on here lately! Im supporting you with great effort, mentally!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Oh wow I thought this was dead
    Good to hear it's still alive and kicking

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    Oh wow I thought this was dead
    Good to hear it's still alive and kicking
    definitely alive. I will have a new patch that includes all the factions in the mod sometime this weekend.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Great news,
    i lately played alot of the SAI campaigns in rtw and really like the scenarioīs. wounder how me2 engine will handle the gameplay?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by _Tartaros_; November 22, 2014 at 05:19 AM.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Great news,
    i lately played alot of the SAI campaigns in rtw and really like the scenarioīs. wounder how me2 engine will handle the gameplay?

Judging on the Africa Vandalorvm 2 Campaign I've played, the skirmish part is a little iffy with the Med 2 engine, archers and especially horse archers of all sorts are overpowered and don't react well at all when skirmish-mode is turned on, they get caught very often by melee cav. Javelin throwing skirmishers are quite ineffective, but apparently somebody has found a solution to this in another mod and wants to share his secret with the community

Having said that, the melee part is absolutely glorious in Med 2, the animations, unit mass, AI and morale work very well - for a Total War Game

So yeah, I think it'll be fine, very fun. I love Africa Vandalorvm 2, (horse) archer damage can be nerved and the javelon throwing can (apparently= be fixed, wich leaves us with only one major flaw, the behaviour when skirmishing is enabled. It's absolutely terrible. It wasn't great in Rome 1, but in Med 2 it's even worse from my experience, much worse with horse archers. Microing is ok when you got 3-4 skirmishing units, but it becames less practicle when controlling armies with a huge Foederati contingent, like 6-7 horse archers plus 3-4 javelin throwers....

Great pictures Tartaros! Are you playing same SAI as me? Details of units armours and shields seems to look much better then on the screen of my computer.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Well Tartaros those pictures are very nice. I don't have RTW installed on my PC any more but I played a lot of SAI and was one of the beta testers back then. MTW II vegetation sucks compared with what RS II had done to RTW. But EB II came out with a wonderful vegetation settings to their mod, and I am experimenting with it. If I found that it works fine for IBFD II, I will ask their permission to allow us to use it on our mods.

Cheers

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

year, RSII vegetation and Sai rules!
    i tried once to port the RSII vegetation, but itīs more complex, as rtw use an other filessystem for the models and iīm a noob with modeling - but itīs possible. porting EBīs vegeation is quite easy (just 3 files). i used it in alot of other mods now (for my private enjoyment )

My graficcard is optimized in the matter of the RSII-notes for the best experience - so it could probably be that
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; November 25, 2014 at 02:38 PM.

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

Great pic tartaros, really beautiful!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Currently I am working on the custom battle maps. For you fans of custom battle sieges, laying siege to a fort or castle works fine. Currently using De Bello Mundi's repaired gate fix for sieges.

Glad to hear the news regarding EB2 vegetation and fixed DBM settlements. If I may I would also suggest you using EB2 horses if you mange to gain permission fo that(they have different types of horses and ponies for different factions) and DBM artilery units (havent tried DBM mod yet but have seen the artilery on screenshots and videos and it looks much better than vanila M2TW artilery).

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

You built a mod beyond imagining... the pinnacle of waiting and the envy of the forums.... did you think it would last? The eternal mod, a glorious monument to power, culture, and history. But the old wolf lies wounded by the lack of staff and circled by vultures. Worried to death by a thousand, tiny faceless mouths... brought low by your own ambition... these are the death throes of the release of IBFD... the land of western europe dims... and gathers... If you have such precious time to complete your factions... for your units to be finished. Even at the moment of your final release... you will take no.. comfort in oblivion... For I'm planning to play the out you. I ride with my amazing rig! I bring the end of sleep! I am! The scourge! of MODS!! *Smashes keyboard* And I will play your mod... forever...
    This is probably one of the greatest posts to ever grace this forum!
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    This is probably one of the greatest posts to ever grace this forum!
    Absolutely Agree!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast