Thread: While we wait for 1.6...another warhammer "fix"

Default While we wait for 1.6...another warhammer "fix"

I figured that some of you guys have been on these forums for a while and eagerly await the 1.6 expansion. I myself have a big craving for Warhammer stuff and I saw someone mention a MOD for MaB:Warband which was called Warsword. Basically it's a MOD in the Warhammer universe. I figured I'd give it a try and boy am I hooked!!

So I thought tht maybe some of you guys might be interested to know about it. You need to have the original game of course:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

Then you go here to DL the MOD:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...5937.3075.html
    It's in the post from Birger Jarl. It's pretty simple. DL the folder and add it to your MODULES folder under MaB. When you run the game in steam you just chose the MOD and voilą!

If you want to check it out first then you can see a let's play here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X8AVUebwXY

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do and it's pretty stable. Crashed once in over 40 hours of gameplay

Default Re: While we wait for 1.6...another warhammer "fix"

Yes, it's an excellent mod even though it's in beta stage still, very playable and complete.
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

Semisalis

yup , i agree . Hop that the mod isnt dead and that fixes and patch will come .

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Indeed. I love this mod and its Warband counterpart!

Mod isnt dead =) Just in a prolonged stasis

Which one? COW or WS? I Know Birger Jarl has release a lot of new stash to it, that makes it a lot better. Nothing like having your Dwarven army supported by Halfling Dog soldiers or Chefs swinging huge meat choppers

Might give it a try, never heard of this mod for M&B... it's been long time since I played first game, even before Warband D: ....

I'm more interested in Warhammer Project from SEGA/CA and how it's gonna look like, good to see people loving WH on TW forums, since there is lots of hate (especially from Empire/Napoleon fans)

funny, as those guys do get quite a bit of gunpowder action to play with. I just love the concept of Total War and Warhammer Universe, varied as it is would be a perfect match for it.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

IT's not about that I think. There was recent discussion about this before CA announced theyr "new" title, Attila. People were speculating if it is Warhammer.

What I got out of it, it is mostly becouse people have no idea what Warhammer is. It looks very generic and kiddish in a way. I didn't care much about WH until I played this mod, it was just elves orcs and such to me, a fantasy mod to play. But once you start looking deeper than the surface of things, you realize how wrong that is.

Yea it's the whole universe that is awesome. Think I've read maybe 20 + books from the Warhammer universe now and digging it more and more. Remember I had a DE army back in '95. Think it's stored somewhere, but cant remember where

I really like the universe as well, and I agree that there is more to it that just bland generic fantasy. Unfortunately, the few books I've read have been somewhat underwhelming. For both fantasy and 40k; they're good for showcasing the universe, but not that appealing as books.
    I'd say they're entertaining enough, if someone is on the fence try one or two out, good thing about reading is that it's seldom a waste of time
    The afore-mentioned personage has been marked for honorable execution
    in accordance to the lawful tradition and practice of the Morag Tong Guild.
    The Bearer of this non-disputable document has official sanctioned license
    to kill the afore-mentioned personage.

few good writers out there. Bill King, of Gotrek and Felix fame, for one.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

It seems M&B collection (I pressume includes all M&B games?) will go 48hours -75% (9.97$) discount at GoG tomorrow (23rd). As always, DRM free since it is from GoG, and 30 days money back after purchase if something goes fishy. <3 GoG/CDProjectRed.

If one doesn't have the games yet, and have been interested checking out the numerous mods for them, this could be nice time to pick them up.

Exactly. This mod alone is the reason i fell in love with the Warhammer universe.