Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Total War™: ATTILA Announced

wow, i get ill for 3 days and you guys go and release a new expansion ??!!

well im quite excited, i wont preorder though. Given what happened lastime, i never preorder anymore.

I have a question, im sorry if its already been asked but i really cant be bothered sifting through 10 pages for the answer.

Will these changes, UI, Family tree, region burning, governors come into the main campaign game aswell ?
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthenes
    Like Constantinopolis
    I hope they won't call it Constantinopolis. Greek were not still used in ERE, so Nova Roma would be more accurate. Even Istanbul would be more welcome, as I'd accept it to make gamers not familiar with history or geography understand about what city we're talking.

Wow, that looks absolutely amazing. Credit where credit is due.

What's that Rome II?

Will buy two years after release in the bargain bin.

Turning off CA (marketing) channel.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have to say I really look forward to this. Setting is interesting, design looks promising
    Especially it will *compete* with the next installment of Invasio Barbarorum.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    There's TW: Attila concept art which shows Constantinople with both Hagia Sophia and Hagia Eirene, so looks like we'll be seeing them in game.
    You will probably see it in DLC Campaign costing only 7,95.

At least we know why patches took so long. They were developing another game. Honestly I'm flabbergasted all the amount of people asking for family tree, and they put it in the next version. Yes, I know "they listened to the fans". Still doesn't sit right, though.

Will the A.I. cav finally be able to do a decent flanking manouver? They are still kamikazing in Emperor edition. But hey, that's understandable you were too busy making the next (same) total war game. No time to patch the things customers want.

Give everybody free Emperor edition, so they are all 'happy', and then shove the new Atilla edition down the throat at the same time. Well, everybody agrees SEGA/ CA has one of the best marketing departments around, and kudos to you.

Already some clarifications from CA avaible? i bet they are silent as usual.......they are really good in ignore beside comment to Fanboys comments^^ and expensive DLC/expansion releases
    Last edited by Teil; September 27, 2014 at 07:20 AM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. If you could link me to it I'd be most interested.
    Sadly, its only avaible in german:
    http://www.amazon.de/K%C3%B6nigreich...nigreich+aksum

Edit 1: There is one other book on english, which focus on the ancient horn of Africa, mostly talking about Aksum. I will post the link when i find it.

Edit 2: Got it:http://www.amazon.de/Foundations-Afr.../dp/1847010415
    It seems that there are 150 pages only about Aksum. Maybe this book is even more useful if you want to learn more about Aksumite culture, as my german book mostly focus on the architecture of Pre-Aksumite and Aksumite palaces and churches.
    Last edited by LinusLinothorax; September 27, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Look, they've obviously been developing this over the past year. It's not really hard to work out what's going on.

This means they've been working on all the features we wanted in Rome 2 (including family trees etc) and made the active choice not to add them in to Rome 2, so they can sell those features to us later.

This is the TW: Attila announcement thread, not the CA Business Practice Complaint and Discussion one. You can always post your grievances there instead - Maximinus Thrax
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; September 27, 2014 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyMammoth View Post
    I concur, and that could be considered fraud? It is questionable to some degree. To be fair if they launched this as an paid expansion pack there would have been outrage beyond measure.
    Fraud ? Lol why not take it to court then : "Yes your Honor I want to present a severe case of fraud. As you can see in Rome II the family tree feature was intentionally removed."

The best thing about all the haters is the outrageous conspiracy theories "CA deleted the family tree just so they could re-include it in the next game and make millions EVIL MOTHERING ILLUMINATI BASTARDS". Who the would buy a game just because it features a family tree ? If you like them so much, why not google your very own family tree and find out the name of the chimpansee that ed a goat and started it all

We have a business discussion thread in R2, please continue this line there. In a polite fashion of course. Keep this thread on the announcement.

Of course this game will be more valuable than Rome II, if cheaper the lesson is to wait until the stand alone expasion is released. Anyway campaign management gameplay is not that good as previous games were for me. Nothing said about naval yet. This very same happened to Rome II, no much said about its naval, and then it was poorly developed. I have the feeling this will happen again with this game.

Will we have this time embarking armies in ships built apart, as we had in previous TW main games, or will we have Rome II instant embarkment in ships no ones knows where they were built?
    Last edited by Bethencourt; September 27, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Who the would buy a game just because it features a family tree ? If you like them so much, why not google your very own family tree and find out the name of the chimpansee that ed a goat and started it all
    They are bringing the family tree back for TWA. To my eyes that looks a lot like a commercial response to all the fans who said they missed it in TWR2.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

If you want developers/publishers to go back to making quality games - stop pre-ordering. There's no point putting extra grit into a product if you already have the money for it.

I'd like to see what Angry Joe has to say about this game before I even consider buying it - and I'm intrigued to see how much it's actually different from Rome 2 apart from these "features" to see if the price-tag is actually worth it or not.
    Last edited by Ygraine; September 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    They are bringing the family tree back for TWA. To my eyes that looks a lot like a commercial response to all the fans who said they missed it in TWR2.
    Exactly. They removed it from RomeII, probably as an attempt to do things differently (maybe they just didn't think the feature was all that good/useful anymore), and people (more than clearly) showed that they didn't like the removal. They saw how important it was to some of their fans so now they're bringing it back. It's as simple as that

The thing I think is funny is that people complained about its removal in R2, demanded it be brought back, and now that it is back, they're still complaining about it. Just what do they want ?

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Exactly. They removed it from RomeII, probably as an attempt to do things differently (maybe they just didn't think the feature was all that good/useful anymore), and people (more than clearly) showed that they didn't like the removal. They saw how important it was to some of their fans so now they're bringing it back. It's as simple as that

The thing I think is funny is that people complained about its removal in R2, demanded it be brought back, and now that it is back, they're still complaining about it. Just what do they want ?
    Attention?
    Support Russia!

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

People wanted it in Rome 2. They didn't want it in "the next game" they wanted it in Rome 2. It was in Shogun 2 so why did they leave it out of Rome 2 only to add it back in to a standalone expansion for Rome 2 and advertise it as a feature?
    People have been begging for the family tree to be added into Rome 2. They were obviously working with the family tree mechanic at the same time as patching Rome 2 and made the choice not to add it into Rome 2 but to save it for Atilla.
    The family tree is just one thing though. There's numerous other features they could have added in to Rome 2 via patches.

I'm not even one to jump on the CA bashing train. I've bought every TW game on the day of release since Medieval (although I did miss Medieval 2's release). I'm always giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    And you know what? If this retrofitted to Rome 2, I wouldn't even be pissed off and I'd definitely buy it.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by aias90 View Post
    i dont know if Constantinople is going to look like the picture but 1st Hagia Sophia was build in 537 A.D (i think the game begins at 395 A.D) 2nd the double-headed eagle appeared in the late 10th century and it was the banner of Palailogos dynasty
    This picture looks great.!!! Also i read the interview about the TW games historical accuracy and I laughted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well! This is a small quizz ! Can you find in this picture atleast two in-accurate (i found three) points?
    To help you i reveal the 1st and it has to do with ships!
    We like it or not Mare Nostrum and Pax Romana had lead naval forces in decline.

So NO huge battleships like in his pic! Find the last two points of inaccuracy!
    Remember the time Attila lived!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Comes Domesticorum

It looks like Hagia Sophia is painted in that brown-red color it has now, rather than the grey color it would have had then.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    I hope they won't call it Constantinopolis. Greek were not still used in ERE, so Nova Roma would be more accurate. Even Istanbul would be more welcome, as I'd accept it to make gamers not familiar with history or geography understand about what city we're talking.
    Constantinopolis wasn´t called that, because pesky greeks changed it´s name from the beautiful sounding "Nova Roma". No it was originally called Byzantium before Constantin changed it to Constantinople. But I´m sure that gamers who aren´t familiar with history and geography would have known that, if CA would have included Byzantium, an important city for grain,in the main Campaign, just like in the first Rome Total War.

Even the Turks called it officialy Constantinople or "Kostantîniyye" until the 30's....