Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Version 0.51 Released

Quote Originally Posted by REDDQ View Post
    Hello there!

I really enjoyed playing DaC. Sadly, Isengard campaign worked only for 25 turns, and now game CTDs every time Mordor army takes Eastern Osgiliath.

Can this be helped?
    I have the same problem, turn 115 with Rangers, every time at the end of the turn when Mordor comes the game CTD.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

What does Mordor do in your campaing Hunia? Do they attack some garrison-scripted settlement, or?

Where can I find a list of all units (their script names)? Specifically, what's the script name for the Nimrodel Archers?

Quote Originally Posted by Treaper View Post
    What does Mordor do in your campaing Hunia? Do they attack some garrison-scripted settlement, or?
    They where annexing Lossarnach. When I took a look at it without the fog of war, it didn't crash. Also the Mordor Reins Supreme event went off.
    In the previous turn on 114 I also had about 3-4 CTD and when I whent back later it didn't crash, back then Mordor was annexing Minas Tirith or Eastern Osgiliath.

I'm currently on turn 117 and had no issues on turn 116 so I can't say for certin what caused the previous crashes.

Having a problem starting a new campaign, loading bar freezes a few centimeters from being done, then exits or crashes. I've tried everything I can think of, always running them as admin, reinstalling, redownloading, disable UAC, daylight savings, strings.bin files reapppear when removed, removed dusr_geography_new and it STILL won't let me play.

I wonder if you can give Sauron Olog Hai bodyguards, so there will be no six Saurons in battle?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfDwalin View Post
    I wonder if you can give Sauron Olog Hai bodyguards, so there will be no six Saurons in battle?
    I don't think that would work, because Sauron's unit is actually considered an elephant unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I don't think that would work, because Sauron's unit is actually considered an elephant unit.

Is it possible to change him to heavy infantry just like trolls?

In my northern dunedain campaign the dwarfs of erebor attacked thranduil and dale and the galadhrim are vassal to mordor. in my opinion this is a little immersive breaking, is ist possible to negotiate peace between factions or that good factions dont attack each other?

No the player cannot tell AI factions what factions to ally to or make peace with in DAC.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    No the player cannot tell AI factions what factions to ally to or make peace with in DAC.
    The player can influence the AI diplomacy however. The diplomacy in Medieval 2 is the best arguably with Rome 2 which I think is a bit too passive.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Are Clans of Enedwaith set as evil? I tried to make them good by allying with them as Erebor, but then they attacker Rohan, Gondor, and Lindon, so I think they are evil even when I try to make them not

They're sort of neutral; kind of a wild card really. They're just very aggressive and don't like anybody at all. Suffice to say they're just as likely to attack Dunland and Isengard as they are Bree and Gondor. It's fairly common for them declare war on Isengard and Gondor in pretty quick succession.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; September 28, 2015 at 12:38 PM.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

well into my dol amroth campaign (yes arachir i've decided to go as your favourite faction! ) and christ this is hard, been locked in a constant battle over south gondor/ethir anduin. I keep capturing barad harn and nindad estolad then harad keeps recapturing it and then to make it even worse i've got umbar constantly attacking gobel talfalas and my coastal regions aswell as having to send forces to help gondor defend osgiliath and annulond from the corsairs and cirith iaur from isengard. Quite enjoying the challenge of playing as dol amroth but wow it's difficult!

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

Guys, what's wrong with Khazad Dum? I played it to turn 47 and just cant find whats supposedly incomplete about it?

Treaper's Avatar Miles

They wrote it many times... Khazad-dum campaing is unplayable, I think it will be fixed in next patch. You can see it in first post - " Known Bugs:

• Moria campaign is not finished, we apologize for this. By this I mean that in most cases it does not work as intended. WE SUGGEST NOT PLAYING AS MORIA! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arodi View Post
    Guys, what's wrong with Khazad Dum? I played it to turn 47 and just cant find whats supposedly incomplete about it?
    The script is currently very prone to breaking and causing CTD's or un-intended 'Game Overs' in the campaign. Though it's possible to play through until you capture Moria then play the game as normal you sort of have to get lucky for nothing to go wrong. It'll be a lot better behaved in the next update and Gstheod is tacking on a couple of extra little features to it too.

Arodi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    The script is currently very prone to breaking and causing CTD's or un-intended 'Game Overs' in the campaign. Though it's possible to play through until you capture Moria then play the game as normal you sort of have to get lucky for nothing to go wrong. It'll be a lot better behaved in the next update and Gstheod is tacking on a couple of extra little features to it too.
    oki. I guess I just got lucky then. The only odd thing I encountered is at one point I couldnt select my army, but went around that by selecting it from the lists > army

@Gratzy2 After watching Arachir's yt videos, I too have decided to go as Dol Amroth ...except, I want to play it a different way (dunno if it'll be possible): turtle and grow economically until I unlock my elite units (Christ, those Swan Knight are gorgeous and awesome), and then build an army to take on Harad and Umbar. In the meantime, I would expand to the Annulond/Enedwaith side, while maintaining a powerful navy to curb Umbars attacks... Wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by TheEldarion View Post
    @Gratzy2 After watching Arachir's yt videos, I too have decided to go as Dol Amroth ...except, I want to play it a different way (dunno if it'll be possible): turtle and grow economically until I unlock my elite units (Christ, those Swan Knight are gorgeous and awesome), and then build an army to take on Harad and Umbar. In the meantime, I would expand to the Annulond/Enedwaith side, while maintaining a powerful navy to curb Umbars attacks... Wish me luck
    If you don't attack Gobel Tolfalas then Umbar will never attack you apart from their scripted events. Turtling as DA is not necessarily hard but it is very arduous, so many battles. War, war never changes... or in this case the battles never will.