Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - New Version 0.5 Released

Quote Originally Posted by f1ch View Post
    Did somebody atacked you or?
    no, i had just taken Shedun from the orcs of Angmar prior to ending the turn

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by peakcoot View Post
    no, i had just taken Shedun from the orcs of Angmar prior to ending the turn
    Did you destroy the faction or kill faction leader(her) inside settlement?

Played 0.5 and had a good time, wanted to install 0.51 but then I got this error when I load a new campaign.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439131112.689776.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	328641

Glad MOS 1.7 works good...
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Lol thats not an error I think, didn't you read, your laptop or computer crashed from playing too much or too high with your graphics card or ram or something, just relaunched lol, if that doesn't help, just keep reporting then.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Played 0.5 and had a good time, wanted to install 0.51 but then I got this error when I load a new campaign.

0.51 isn't even out yet so your issue here is somewhat.. confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by wobertyteh View Post
    Lol thats not an error I think, didn't you read, your laptop or computer crashed from playing too much or too high with your graphics card or ram or something, just relaunched lol, if that doesn't help, just keep reporting then.
    MOS 1.7 works perfectly fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    0.51 isn't even out yet so your issue here is somewhat.. confusing.
    Well, on the 28th of July they uploaded new files to the sites (mine was from the 23th of July) and on the changelog they haver stated 0.51 changes....and the rest will follow later when their scripter ios back from holiday.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    To everyone:

I will add this to the OP but here is the current status of found bugs:
    1) Eregion ancillary might crash the game - varies from pc to pc - FIXED
    2) Isengard had a minor bug related to their ring script which very rarely crashed the game - FIXED
    3) DA 3rd tier university had no picture - FIXED
    4) Some text errors here and there - FIXED (reported ones)
    5) Explained below:

Currently we have a bug that will crash your game at some point when a faction leader of a 'no family tree' faction dies. This doesn't happen every time or to everyone. This might be when you defeat them in a town so current advice is to get lucky unfortunately. - This is currently our highest priority and as soon as we have fixed this we will release the next patch. Currently awaiting a scripter as ours is on holiday.

HI Arachir,

Can you post the Eregion fix first? I am running all over the map to avoid but still will get that eregion CTD.
    The crash with faction leader, that's easier to avoid. LOL.

Thanks!

Well, on the 28th of July they uploaded new files to the sites (mine was from the 23th of July) and on the changelog they haver stated 0.51 changes....and the rest will follow later when their scripter ios back from holiday.
    The one released on the 28th (which repaired some issues with the 23rd's release (which was deleted)) is still 0.5. The 0.51 notes in the changelog are a preview.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

How do you unite Endewaith and Dunland?

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gloh View Post
    HI Arachir,

Can you post the Eregion fix first? I am running all over the map to avoid but still will get that eregion CTD.
    The crash with faction leader, that's easier to avoid. LOL.

Thanks!
    There will be v0.51 soon. Be patient a bit.

Civis

alright so I am loving the new .5 patch! Great work guys!
    There are however, a few things I disagree with, but fortunately I think they are probably simple enough for me to change (although i dont really know anything about code, perhaps someone who does can help me)
    Basically what I want to do is simply remove the whole "garrison script" as well as increase the kings purse of all evil factions for when i play as the good guys.
    anyone know how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by xeron 22 View Post
    found a bug in my lorien campaign. when the alliance scrips between lorien and woodland realm pops up if i hit decline it crashes the game (not the script when the mordor army spawns).
    This bug has been noted and is being looked at. Thank you for the report.

We don't earn money for this mod so you playing a competitors mod is no skin off of my nose. Comments like that are not incentives for me to ride to your aid. I will help whenever I can but threatening to go and play MOS doesn't compel me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    How do you unite Endewaith and Dunland?
    You just have to conquer all the lands of Enedwaith. It does explain the requirements in the starting message about Enedwaith or Dunland.

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    alright so I am loving the new .5 patch! Great work guys!
    There are however, a few things I disagree with, but fortunately I think they are probably simple enough for me to change (although i dont really know anything about code, perhaps someone who does can help me)
    Basically what I want to do is simply remove the whole "garrison script" as well as increase the kings purse of all evil factions for when i play as the good guys.
    anyone know how to do this?
    Garrison script will require some modding knowledge and could be a tricky edit. Adding money to the evil factions when you play as good would require a medium level of scripting knowledge. I can remove the garrison script and send you the CS tomorrow but I am no scripter and I cannot do the second part. You would need to learn scripting for that I am afraid.

Civis

This bug has been noted and is being looked at. Thank you for the report.

We don't earn money for this mod so you playing a competitors mod is no skin off of my nose. Comments like that are not incentives for me to ride to your aid. I will help whenever I can but threatening to go and play MOS doesn't compel me.

You just have to conquer all the lands of Enedwaith. It does explain the requirements in the starting message about Enedwaith or Dunland.

Garrison script will require some modding knowledge and could be a tricky edit. Adding money to the evil factions when you play as good would require a medium level of scripting knowledge. I can remove the garrison script and send you the CS tomorrow but I am no scripter and I cannot do the second part. You would need to learn scripting for that I am afraid.
    Would it work if I just edited the code to increase the kings purse of a faction and then i could edit it to lower it again when I want to play as an evil action again?

Quote Originally Posted by GetScared View Post
    Would it work if I just edited the code to increase the kings purse of a faction and then i could edit it to lower it again when I want to play as an evil action again?
    Yep, doing it on a campaign by campaign basis is very easy indeed. You will need two things:
    1) Notepad++
    2) the descr_strat file - ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Once in that file you will want to search for the following - 'denari_kings_purse'. That will list the starting KP of every faction.

To learn who is whom in the files head here:
    ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data\text and open the 'expanded' file. In there it lists what the file name of the factions are (so Mordor are England for example)

Finally you will need to delete the map.rwm found in ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\world\maps\base

Civis

Yep, doing it on a campaign by campaign basis is very easy indeed. You will need two things:
    1) Notepad++
    2) the descr_strat file - ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Once in that file you will want to search for the following - 'denari_kings_purse'. That will list the starting KP of every faction.

To learn who is whom in the files head here:
    ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\data\text and open the 'expanded' file. In there it lists what the file name of the factions are (so Mordor are England for example)

Finally you will need to delete the map.rwm found in ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_DaC\world\maps\base
    Thanks a lot for the help man!
    I gave mordor 66666 KP
    May i rest in peace XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Upload trace logs + savegame on turn 209 please.

https://www.mediafire.com/?472hkidvpdivkek

my game save which i cant end turn on

couldnt find the crash log
    thank you for any help

Civis

I seem to have run into a bug.
    Im playing as the Dwarves of Erebor and Gimli won a battle against the orcs of the misty mountains and immediately gained a bunch of "fear" points. Im not sure how much but I know he had a lot of chivalry before so him all of a sudden having 4 fear was very strange, the only trait/rentinue that he gained from the battle was "orc's head" which only says it has +1 fear.

Later o I had Gimli lay siege to Dain's Halls and his fear maxed out completely, but he did not gain any attributes or retinue seince the battle.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

WOW! HOLY RUSTED METAL BATMAN!

Just to let everyone know (in case you face a similar problem), I fixed my military reform script issue (i.e. military barracks reforms weren't kicking in at all, not even after 15 to 16 years in the game). As suggested by Arachir, I edited the export_descr_buildings.txt file in the data folder using the editor program called Notepad++ (WARNING: you must use this, NOT your default notepad editor software program that comes standard on your PC). Using Notepad++, which I downloaded for free from the Internet, opened a tab for "export_descr_buildings.txt" and edited that file to remove all instances of the following phrase: "and event_counter large_city_barracks 1". This basically removed the descr_events.txt reform script that blocked the advancement of barracks in the game. Now I can build and recruit whatever I want! More importantly, now the enemy will become stronger and the full might of Mordor's most elite troops and trolls will bear down on me as I play as Gondor.

EDIT AND UPDATE: I noticed something funny in the game and am wondering if the same is happening for everyone else. Settlements like Cair Andros and Dol Amroth are Gondor-style fortresses. In my experiment above, I used add_money, add_population, and process_cq to upgrade the wooden castle settlements thinking they could also reach the fortress settlement level (so I could look at their most elite barracks). There seems to be some sort of ceiling imposed on them, however, so that they can only upgrade to the regular stone castle level! Is upgrading to fortresses not allowed in this sub mod? Here's the relevant line below in export_descr_buildings:

fortress castle requires factions { gondor, northern_european, turks, middle_eastern, southern_european, } and hidden_resource hr_none
    If one wanted to have fortresses (which are immensely cool and very defensible), should they just delete this "and hidden_resource hr_none" line as seen above to "fix" the problem?

EDIT, YET ANOTHER UPDATE: Yep, removing "and hidden_resource hr_none" as mentioned above with Notepad++ allows you to build fortresses. So long as you are a faction that can upgrade to castles in the first place. Obviously this doesn't apply to the Orcs or even the Elven factions (unless of course you add their culture or faction name to the list of factions that can upgrade castles, like adding "egypt" in the list allowing the High Elves to do so).

Hi, I love this mod, but I have a question, how can I get back the advice buttons??? I'd like to play with a force_diplomacy mod (the IA "sometimes" doesn't accept reasonable proposals) but the advice buttons are required and they aren't.

Thank you for your amazing job!!!!!

In Arachir's videos abuot the faction overviews (which I really like btw, great job and keep them coming!), he mentions moral response. Can anyone explain a little bit about how this stat works? I understand low/average/good morale, but am not sure what to think of morale response.
    Thanks in advance!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~