Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

I can't help. I have the same problem :-(

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius_Magnus View Post
    Hey folks! I have a little problem, which I hoped someone here could help me with (and I hope this is the right place in the forum to ask about it):

I was recently trying to insert some of the Arnorian units from the original tatw into DaC. So far, it worked quite well - thanks to the Unit Editor Tool, I was able to implement the Hollow Steel Marksmen as a playable Unit for Gondor. However, when I was trying to modify the export_descr_buildings.txt file to make them recruitable, the game crashed when starting.

I tried things out a bit and found out, that the slightest altering of the export_descr_buildings.txt makes the game ctd (like deleting a word and writing the very same word in the very same space). The error message I get is:

11:40:38.051 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 1, column 1 Expected 'building', found ''

I already tried to solve this error via deleting the Virtual Store folder, but it keeps crashing. So far, I am a bit lost - what can I do to solve this problem??
    Did you use Notepad++ to make the alterations to the .txt-files?

Using normal Notepad messes up the format, even when you remove a word and put it back exactly the same, so any change you make to any of the text files should be made with Notepad++.
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

In Team Members/Inactive Team, there are a few mistakes. First, there is no comma between the names of Mhaedros and Trailhog250 (they are two different people!). Second, the first of the scripters is the Invisible Man, his name is invisible before a comma!

Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Falassion View Post
    NO GOD ! NO GOD PLEASE NO ! NO ! NO ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Leo's custom Gundabad model is nothing like the Mountain of Durin should be ! The Hobbit's vision of Mount Gundabad is nothing but a downgraded version of Carn Dûm, the DaC team already confirmed that it would not be included in 0.5, and my hope is that they NEVER use Leo's model in DaC !

Ahem, apart from this, does AI Rivendell still starts with Cameth Brin, or does the splitting of Trollshaws makes them lose it ? And does the faction of Umbar have any changes (apart from Dûsalan's disappearance) ?
    Have to say I prefered the original Gundabad settlement DAC went with. I really had some fantastic close quarter battles in there.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Well the 0.4 version of Gundabad has truly no interest ... Just an easy defensiv position but no really modeled city as Erebor or Moria can be ...

Quote Originally Posted by Titus le Chmakus View Post
    Well the 0.4 version of Gundabad has truly no interest ... Just an easy defensiv position but no really modeled city as Erebor or Moria can be ...
    I liked the one with the similar to cave type entrance of Goblin Town but with the Dwarven style interior.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Where will 0.5 be available to download because it said it will not be put up on moddb for a while. Obviously it is not out now but hopefully in the next week... fingers crossed.

Time to give DaC a new shot....if the city icon still are ed...Im gonna kill myself...
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Ironfoot's Avatar Civis

What are you talking about ?

gertie's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Hi guys,

Great mod, i love it! i still have a question, in tatw3 there was a unit lock until turn 30. How does this work in this mod? I have played with the woodland realm until turn 50 and i can't get the elite units yet.

Somebody?

Madness1910's Avatar Foederatus

Barracks event happens arount turn 60...

gertie's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot View Post
    What are you talking about ?
    Have had this problem ever since patch 0.3 was released.... getting it over and over again, dont matter what operation system or what computer I try it on. I have tried to download the patches a million times and still.....

Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Man, if the DaC team would sell this patch at a shop, there'd be queues at the door right now. Really looking forward to getting the patch installed and starting my new Isengard campaign, attempting to rid Middle-Earth of those meddlesome Men!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Have had this problem ever since patch 0.3 was released.... getting it over and over again, dont matter what operation system or what computer I try it on. I have tried to download the patches a million times and still.....
    Why not post this in the TWC Basement? Maybe someone can give you a hint.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Brace yourselves... the installer is being uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Brace yourselves... the installer is being uploaded.
    Yes, Yes, Yes !!!!!

Last edited by CrisisLeRouge; July 14, 2015 at 04:59 PM.

LiGizD's Avatar Libertus

omg yes cant wait DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

yes.