Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epiccaesarlol's Sound Mod - new sounds for Europa Barbarorum II

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Epiccaesarlol's Sound Mod - new sounds for Europa Barbarorum II

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddle2406 View Post
    There is a difference between flesh, leather and metal arrow hits. You can unpack SFX.dat and see yourself. Maybe on video you cant hear this, but ingame there is a big difference. Same for the sling stones and javelins.
    I will hear the difference because I will certainly try this submod :-)
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Combat sounds are outstanding, but some campaign sounds are missing. For example, army selection sound. Could anybody please confirm this?
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

^ Thats from the base mod. Some factions (e.g most) dont have the voice mods for the campaign. I recall a dev saying they will work on that in the next releases.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

nice job mate. have some rep!

RIddle, any chance you can upload a text file for this. The reason being is I added my own music to the mod, in doing so I had to delete you events files so I basically have to choose between my music and your sound mod. If I had the right text file the game would rebuild event files with the right sounds correct?

Emperor Hantscher, I sent you a private message. You must extract SFX sounds using idx extractor, then put SFX folder into data/sound, then put 2 my txt files in /data folder, delete events, original SFX and start the game (I think you already know this ^.^)
    Last edited by TheRiddle2406; September 03, 2014 at 02:40 AM.

WOW! Not being offensive but I didn't realize how much the original sounds annoyed me before installing it.. I mean I felt an urge for different sounds and together with the slow paced combat it made them even more annoying.. And this mod isn't just a fix it is some awesome job right there!! This together with the change in javelin-pilum range mod and faster melee ratio mod made this mod even with its balance issues(mainly prices and upkeep) enjoyable (while it wasn't for me before in its current state to be honest). Do you guys use the altered rates of kill ratios too? I strongly suggest you do. I think Moros mod and this mod and also Tesho's should be at the submod forums or stickied to the main forum page so that people can easily see them and try them.

Yeah we will be suing this submod for Multiplayer purposes also. I strongly recommend to gear with these new sounds

To OP: if/when you are updating this mod/links pls let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Combat sounds are outstanding, but some campaign sounds are missing. For example, army selection sound. Could anybody please confirm this?
    Yeah I can confirm this. The menu sounds. Also the sound of selecting untis on battle map is mising.

Pls fix this I intend to use this submod on MP with my buddies!
    Last edited by Kranos; September 03, 2014 at 10:21 AM.

Hi. I will have a lot of time this weekend and i will try to fix this problems. I think there is no big deal.
    Thanks for the nice feedback

For these new sounds, lost the menu sounds do not mind ! They are realistic and cool !

In any case I presented your sub-mod to the French community (Mundus Bellicus) : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...ns-de-bataille

In any case I presented your sub-mod to the French community (Mundus Bellicus) : http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/s...ns-de-bataille
    Wow! Thank you very much my friend This is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddle2406 View Post
    Hi. I will have a lot of time this weekend and i will try to fix this problems. I think there is no big deal.
    Thanks for the nice feedback

It maybe only an autosugestion but I think there are some other battle sounds missing. Is you submod replacing only the corespondent sounds from vanilla or there are completely diff sound files? I think here is the key from all the sounds missing.

It maybe only an autosugestion but I think there are some other battle sounds missing. Is you submod replacing only the corespondent sounds from vanilla or there are completely diff sound files? I think here is the key from all the sounds missing.
    All changes are in descr_sounds_weapons.txt and descr_sounds_units_anims.txt. I used original EB2 txt. Maybe i should just copy all vanilla sounds into SFX folder and the game will find every missing file. But what do you mean about missing battle sounds? I know about menu but in battle everything ok (i think).

Well. Now i have all sounds in menu. Link - https://mega.co.nz/#!b1xUDJIY!inXWnE...-6Xv8QOjjHQYgY Please test this update and then i will delete old links and put new link in my first post.

there is also at least that unit selection sound on the battle map that is missing. Hope youll deal with that ASAP. Ill test it then.

there is also at least that unit selection sound on the battle map that is missing.
    You tested new version? I put in SFX folder all vanilla interface sounds and game created new packs. Try and tell me if something missing.

Now its ok.

morfeasnikos, good But i need more feedbacks to be sure everything is ok. Orphydian, test please

Thanks Riddle. Works great, now I can have custom music and your wonderful sounds.

I am really debating getting a good mic and starting to record my own sounds for the game. I would really like to hear realistic arrow flyby sounds and I may start on those. But right now I am trying to justify spending 100$ on a mic to record sounds, then again I did just spend 300$ on a rifle I use a few times a year....ah the debate continues.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast