Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: DOWNLOAD LINKS - The Elder Scrolls Total War - Patch 1.2 Released!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by rego94 View Post
    So I'm having an issue where every time I try to play campaign the game ctd during the loading screen. Custom/historical/quick battle all work fine, I love this mod, i would like to experience the campaign. I've already tried reinstalling twice, and I have deleted all .bin files. I downloaded
    files in this order:
    1.TES TW V1.0 - Full
    2.TES TW V1.0 English Patch
    3.The Elder Scrolls: TW - Patch v 1.2
    4.English Patch V 1.2
    Any help would be great, thanx!
    You also installed uselessly too much files,
    You gotta install only TES 1.0 - Full + TES TW Patch 1.2 ( so 1. and 3.)

I tried just installing those two but im still having the same problem.

I tried just installing those two but im still having the same problem.
    What does the log say after the campaign crashes? The text file is in the Medieval II/logs folder.

Theres nothing in the log folder.

Theres nothing in the log folder.
    Does configuration.cfg in Medieval II/Mods/The_Elder_Scrolls have these lines?

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error

I cant find configuration.cfg, I tried reinstalling the mod several times but its not there?

I cant find configuration.cfg, I tried reinstalling the mod several times but its not there?
    I'm fairly certain that the mod won't run without the configuration.cfg file so it must be there. Make sure you're looking in Medieval II/mods/The_Elder_Scrolls rather than Medieval II/mods/The_Elder_Scrolls/Data.

I found it and yes it does have
    Code:[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error

would be great, you could divide a large region in two and give one part to the armies of Daedra, the Argonian and Skyrim regions maybe? imperial regions are very large also, please think about it I would greatly appreciate it. I love the work you do already!

Is it just me having issues with the Daedra being absolutely impossible? They own the entire map before I can fight back. Even after downloading a third party patch to 'nerf' them.

Gaming Emeritus

Do you mean my patch which is one page back?

Indefinitely Banned

Do you guys need any help with this mod in any way?

Hi, I've been trying to search for a solution but haven't managed to find one yet. I have a problem with the language being in Russian and no text being displayed, I've read that lots of other people also had this problem but i haven't found a way to stop the problem. I am currently downloading the 1.2 patch, will this solve the problem or is there something I'm doing wrong? I am playing through steam on my mac with macOS. Thanks for any help.

I've downloaded the patch 1.2 but the game now won't run from the start, it begins to load up and then crashes. Not sure what to do as I'm not very experienced with this. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I don't mean to be that person that just tells you that you installed it wrong, but you installed it wrong.
    when you get 1.2, copy all of its contents (not just the folder) and then copy it into the elder scrolls total war mod folder, not just data. Do this and it will work. i think.

On a side note, how did you guys make the super mages? ive tried messing with the range on Naffatun and they get stuck at a certain point. Same with archers. How do you increase range?

You were totally correct, thats fine. I did install wrong i checked through and did the whole thing and it worked fine, I'm just having an issue with the battles it seems. Whenever I do a battle and command personally it starts to load up and crashes. Does it with every faction and fighting in any location seems to do the same. no idea why. Thanks for you help. If you know anything about that problem I'm having please let me know thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jauzinho View Post
    You were totally correct, thats fine. I did install wrong i checked through and did the whole thing and it worked fine, I'm just having an issue with the battles it seems. Whenever I do a battle and command personally it starts to load up and crashes. Does it with every faction and fighting in any location seems to do the same. no idea why. Thanks for you help. If you know anything about that problem I'm having please let me know thanks again.
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I'm afraid I don't know what's happening though. It might be a bad install but I doubt it. One problem I had was when modifying the descr_export_units the game will crash, so have you modified any game files? If not, I honestly don't know what could have happened.

I don't know if I'm the only one that has this problem and i couldn't find a solution anywhere, but in game and in the screen where you get the units before a custom battle there is no unit image they are all just the same grey clothed guy with a tiny sword and it makes the game a lot harder to play cause i have to hover over the soldier wait like 3 seconds and then see what they are and it just ruins the experience so if there is a fix can someone please tell me thanks.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Srebro View Post
    I don't know if I'm the only one that has this problem and i couldn't find a solution anywhere, but in game and in the screen where you get the units before a custom battle there is no unit image they are all just the same grey clothed guy with a tiny sword and it makes the game a lot harder to play cause i have to hover over the soldier wait like 3 seconds and then see what they are and it just ruins the experience so if there is a fix can someone please tell me thanks.
    Try reinstalling

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Not really. Sadly, original game has lotta bugs and unfinished files. You probably cant hire them simply because they arent in recruitment list ( like lotta other units). I recommed you to download my patch ( page or two back) or carnage´s patch (its in the same forum as this thread).

And im finishing new version of patch ( i know i said about the last one its the last ). I focused mainly on campaign. Improved Oblivion crisis ( their stacks attack all over Tamriel ( especially in TE, Skyrim, Aldmeris, Morrowind and Blackmarsh due to the lore), not just in Kvatch, so that would make them much weaker, and fun for you no matter what faction you are). I tried to fix Morrowind unite script, unsucesfully. Rebalanced units and recruitment systems. Improved lotta cities and castles in main campaign etc. Ill also make new campaign set up in TES V Skyrim timeline.

Should have it all done until Xmass

Greetings.
    If the point of Morrowind unite script is granting access to all the morrowind units, then I believe I found a way to fix it (kind of messy, but does the job).
    First of all you have top add all the units to all the houses (models, ui, campaign ownership).
    Then you can add each unit to edb for each faction separately, I made a try with Telvanni house and it looks something like this:

recruit_pool "Bouyant Armigers" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { hungary, } and hidden_resource armigers and region_religion islam 65 and event_counter mu_tel 1

I added this to campaign script, just after the morrowind script for telvanni part:

add_events
    event counter mu_tel
    date 0
    end_add_events
    set_event_counter mu_tel 0

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType hungary
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_LocalFaction hungary
    and I_CompareCounter mu_1 = 1
    set_event_counter mu_tel 1
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Basically whenever the event happens you set event_counter mu_tel to 1 and this is used as a requirement to recruit a unit. Unfortunately I haven't managed to find a cleaner way, but a couple days ago the only thing I knew about modding was how to change a unit's attack. So there still might be hope.

You might also want to remove or try to change the red year requirement for the script

;and I_CompareCounter r_year_1 = 0

as it seemed to cause some problems for event to appear for me. But that may be just because I was artificially testing it on the first turns.