Thread: [SUBMOD] Authentic Ancient World Art Pack for DeI

Default [SUBMOD] Authentic Ancient World Art Pack for DeI

Dear Divide et Impera Citizens,

Some of you may know about the Authentic Ancient World project aiming to carry forward and preserve Roma Surrectum II. Since the Divide et Impera team did support me and the project many times in the past (Thanks Meneros, Dresden, Selea, Ritter-Floh, M and everyone I forgot) I took the freedom to put this sub-modification up for Divide et Impera. ~ Hetairos, AAW Creator
    Mods Included Authentic Ancient Wrold: Roma Surrectum II Music Pack (Non-Steam Link)
    Authentic Ancient Wrold: User Interface for Divide et Impera (Steam Link)
    Authentic Ancient Wrold: Environments and Lightings BETA (Steam Link)
    Authentic Ancient World: Battle Camera (Steam Link)
    Authentic Ancient World: Campaign Camera (Steam Link)

What is it? Authentic Ancient World on Steam

Authentic Ancient World on ModDB

From the Editor
    AAW has recently released its full collection of art pack submods meant to be compatible with all major overhauls. As a member of the AAW team and the DeI community, these are mods I know I personally have wanted for a long time. The art package includes a wonderfully done music compilation that includes tracks from Roma Surrectum II, Europa Barbarorum, and Rome Total Realism VII. I'd like to thank those awesome mods for their great work, and for allowing us to bring it to the Rome 2 community.

The art collection includes some other great pieces of work done by some very talented modders in the TWC community. These include version 3 of Aztec's Environments and Lightings Mod, and the UI and cameras done by Hetairos. AAW aims for open source, and as such doesn't mind any of these mods being used by other modders in the community

Roma Surrectum II Music Packs Steam Version
    Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV

Non-Steam Link: Coming Soon!

From the Editor
    Dear Friends

What should I say? We had the permission to bring the sound of four awesome games and modifications from the legendary Total War eras to Total War: Rome II. What did we do? We did it. You are asking yourself if this is all? Not enough, we are already working on Authentic Ancient World specific tracks. I would like to thank Audiokinetic and CA for enabling us to modify audio files and to Mackles for his awesome audio tutorial and support. The entire music pack contains exactly 200 tracks which are divided and equally distributed into the four in-game culture groups barbarian, eastern, greek and roman. The majority of the tracks come from Roma Surrectum II and are supplemented with the most awesome pieces from Rome: Total War, Europa Barbarorum and Rome: Total Realism VII.

Very special thanks go to all the awesome composers who granted us the permission to make use of their legendary tunes.

Cheers
    Alec

Credits
    All those awesome composers have made this massive project possible:
    Europa Barbarorum

Roma Surrectum II

Roma: Total Realism VII

• A. Rodriguez
    • Alex McGery
    • hollowfaith

Rome: Total War

I think we can't thank those awesome people enough for granting us permission to use their work for Authentic Ancient World and Total War: Rome II.

Youtube Playlists

Authentic Ancient World User Interface for Divide et Impera What the sub-modification actually does is to enable you to play DeI with our user interface. It does replace our Authentic Ancient World emblem with the Divide et Impera emblem. So, if anyone is interested to use a more suitable user interface for the ancient era, than download the UI and its DeI sub-mod and you are good to go! I hope you like it.

Steam Version
    Authentic Ancient World: User Interface for Divide et Impera

Sub-Modification: DeI Emblem Replacement Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Steam Version
    Authentic Ancient World: User Interface

AAW User Interface Screenshots:
    Spoiler for AAW User Interface Screenshots:

Start Screen with NEW Authentic Ancient World Emblem

Start Screen with Tooltip Frames

Graphics Front End Screen

Custom Battle Front End Screen

Select Map Front End Screen

Historical Battles Front End Screen with NEW High Resolution Map

New Campaign Front End Screen with Roma Surrectum II Faction Icon Frames

Load Screens

Politics Campaign Screen

Army Selection Campaign Screen

Army Selection Campaign Screen with Redone Army Emblems

Diplomacy Campaign Screen

Settlement Selection Campaign Screen

Faction Ownership Campaign Map with NEW High Resolution Map

Wealth Campaign Map with NEW High Resolution Map

Pre-Battle Battle Screen

Deployment Battle Screen

Unit Selection Battle Screen

Battle Screen with Stunning Total War: Rome II Graphics

Unit Statistics Battle Screen

AAW Cameras Bundle This modification increases the minimal and maximal height of the campaign cameras. This camera modification works with the Grand Campaign, the Caesar in Gaul DLC, and the Hannibal at the Gates DLC campaign mods. It offers a closer view on the campaign map and at the same time permits the user to use an eagle's view from above. No clipping guaranteed

Steam Version-Campaign Cameras
    Download
    Preview

Steam Version-Battle Cameras
    Download
    Preview

Authentic Ancient World Environments and Lightings BETA This modification is brought to you by Aztec. It adds new environments and lightings to the battle maps. It is still a beta version. We will aim to bring you a completely new and mindblowing experience as soon as possible!

Steam Version
    Download

Preview

Spread our Vision of Open Source Development
    Explaining our vision of open source collaberation
    AAW is a mod committed to open source development and collaboration within the community. Alec/we encourage anyone to use the AAW art packs for their own mods as they see fit.Thanks. The credit for this beautiful mod goes to Hetairos who put in a lot of hard work to make it happen. Hope everyone enjoys!
    Open source UI Template and tutorial on UI customization
    If you'd like to make use of the UI work, we actually have the templates ready that anyone can use:
    Templates

More Details about Customization of the UI
    Preview - AAW User Interface
    Tutorial: UI Mods
    aaaand my tutorial for UI modifications if you need help: How to Create a UI MOD
    Last edited by ABH2; August 04, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Authentic Ancient World Roma Surrectum II Music Pack

is it compatible with the music mod?

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Authentic Ancient World Art Pack for DeI

No, unfortunately you need to use one music mod at a time. However, some of the tracks from the RTW Music Mod have been included in the music pack.

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Correction All of the tracks from Rome: Total War have been included into our music pack (those are only about 32).

Thanks for the submod guys, looking great

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Thanks Dresden, I hope you are fine we did post it in here. We do aim to make our mod as modular as possible so parts like the music, ui, cameras, graphics can be used wherever people want it to use. Open source style

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Great work guys, I wonder if Authentic Ancient World Environments and Lightings BETA is compatible with GEM?
    Keep it up, the good work

EDIT - Incorrect information given. My mistake. Aztec's mod is not compatible with Lucifer's GEM mod, unfortunately.
    Last edited by ABH2; August 02, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    Yes. The AAW Lightings and Environments Mod is completely compatible with GEM. Really, I think it's fair to say it is made to compliment/work with GEM.
    This is what LuciferHawk wrote on July 7:
    "To the current compatibility with aztec's mod (though I am sure I mentioned it before).
    !GEM-FX alone is compatible to any other mod so also to aztec's mod!
    His mod currently touches the same tables that I touch with GEM which means which ever .pack files loads first in the mod manager will be shown ingame (but not the other one). Therefore, GEM's BM & CM changes and aztec's mod are currently not compatible!!!
    Once he released his new version this statement might be obsolate.
    !noHDR and noOversaturation which GEM implements in the gem.pack file is need to apply propper GEM effects!
    I would even say it is needed without using GEM, since both have been poorly implemented by CA. I do hope aztec implements those BM & CM changes I made (at least similar) also in his final release otherwise I would need to merge both of our files to make them compatible."
    Link, see post 5981: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5-4%29/page300

EDIT-I should have double checked that before answering. I apologize. Lucifer's GEM is does not appear to be compatible with the lighting and environment mod.

I'll double check with Aztec. They certainly use a lot of the same files, though.

...this mod can be used with your own GEM ! this ins not a GEM this is the lighting engine of the game ! you can use my optional GEM or use doctor1 very very interesting GEM ! you can use it with no GEM too ! compare them and use what you like
    Aztec's Workshop thread on the AAW forum

He does a separate custom GEM for those who chose to use it, but it's optional:
    Aztec's GEM file
    Last edited by ABH2; August 02, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

No problem, I just wanted to use both mods
    Btw loving your UI, thks for your great work.

We do have a full pack on ModDB:
    http://www.moddb.com/members/abh1/do...ent-world-v005

It's the complete art pack, however (music, UI, Lighting/Environment, cameras), and not the DeI version. If you run the DeI sub-mod before the pack above, though, it should give you the DeI emblem. We have decided to keep the customizable mini-mods to Steam exclusively.

olipro's Avatar Civis

This submod seems to not work anymore with the patch 17.
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

Music mods in general have to be updated with the new protocol posted by CA.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

olipro's Avatar Civis

Thank you for the information.
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen here. I don't have access to the program file used to make this music mod. I have been trying to get access to it and will keep doing so. The conversion process doesn't sound difficult or even particularly time consuming, but not much I can do without the required file.

GM207's Avatar Decanus

I cant download the Music pack for some reason, can someone please help me?

This looks promising, but appears to be from 2014. How's the compatibility with 1.2.2a?

Forgive me for necroing this thread, but IMO the music mod was the best for rome 2 when it was around.

Would anyone like to help me try and recreate it? I imagine all we need are the original music files (if we're allowed to use them!) and a music modding tutorial.