Thread: Otherworld Total War,nothing special but you get to play as vampires,ghouls and ghosts ;)

Default Otherworld Total War,nothing special but you get to play as vampires,ghouls and ghosts ;)

This is the first mod I'll be making and Im probably goand Im probably going to do it all by myself
    Ive always admired the work of guys like the FATW,EB or EOD teams who created fantastic mods and so
    Im goin to throw myself into it aswell.
    I got the inspiration for this from the Underworld films(like EOD:LR I know) but also from
    the Warhammer TTG Vampire Counts army background,the A song of Ice and Fire books and from a few
    animes of the supernatural,horror and vampire genres.
    OTW will be set in an alternate continent which I invented but whose landscape Im going
    to base on Romania,Bulgaria and co which means it will be very mountainous,foresty and gloomy.
    There will be lots of supernatural factions while humans are only available as levies for
    some of the factions or strictly as quite strong rebels to bite your teeth on.
    The currently planned factions are:

NOSFERATU(Vamps)
    Strong,agile,deadly and varied elite infantry which lack numbers but are
    backed up by human thralls and regional auxilia from other races.

BARROW KINGS(Mummies)
    Tough,undead and mostly mummified barbarian troops with lots of nice troop choices
    like Embalmed Nobles or Verdigris Infantry and cavalry plus chariots.

SPIRIT HOST(Ghosts)
    Very hard to kill ethereal troops with strongest levies(Cueoltergeist berserkers).

SHAPESHIFTER(Lycans and co)
    Lots of strong but region restricted troops and access to human auxilia.
    Every one of their core regions will have its own unique roster of elite troops.

THE WOODFOLK(Elves and fairies)
    Very agile,good in shooting and able to hide everywhere,making them Surprise ambush incarnate.

SORCERORS AND MAGES
    UNLEASH THE FIREBALLS!!!!Very strong shooting but also quite ok in close combat
    with magician knights wielding armour pulverising magical blades.

Every faction will have access to magic,replacing Onagers and other artillery pieces.
    The Sorcerors and Mages faction will of course still dominate the magical terrain.

Every faction will have its strong and weak points.
    For example Barrow King have very tough basic and terrifying elite infantry but most of their
    units will be very slow in fights(Cue:large delay between attacks).

Plus they and Spirit Hosts wont have any human auxilia.

It might take quite some time before I can release a campaign but Im working on a custom battle beta atm.
    I will also try to post some unit previews at a later date.
    Forgot to mention that this mod is for BI 1.6.
    Even though I dont like the vanilla I do prefer shieldwall and schiltrom over phalanx and testudo any day.
    Also my mind and doors are open to advice and help in general.
    I dont have 3dsmax or anything and Im basing most of my units on vanilla bi models
    but Im a confident skinner and I think that after Im through with them you wont be able
    to see any vanilla underneath all that chocolate.
    But if theres any modeller whose interested then the mod could be made even better.

Tiro

Default Re: Otherworld Total War,nothing special but you get to play as vampires,ghouls and ghosts ;)

It's a double posted thread.
    Remove this thread, please.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

Default Re: Otherworld Total War,nothing special but you get to play as vampires,ghouls and ghosts ;)

I know that this will sound extremely stupid but I dont actually know how to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Severin Dracule View Post
    I know that this will sound extremely stupid but I dont actually know how to remove it.
    Just ask a mod, they'll gladly help