Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

Don't play F2P because the game is designed to force you to subscribe, more or less. They got rid of the grind too, so now you can pretty much only play class stories and planetary questlines or flashpoints and be overlevelled by the time you get to the next planet. No need for any of the other side quests.

Agent is the best story, followed by Warrior, Inquisitor, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Consular or Knight, and Trooper is by far the worst.

After the class story, play through Illum, Black Hole, then Section X, then Makeb, then CZ-198, then Oricon, Shadow of Revan Prelude, then Shadow of Revan, then Ziost, Knights of the Fallen Empire, for what is roughly the correct order of the story.

Try to learn your class as you level, the game doesn't teach players their classes anymore. Ask for help, join a guild.

And get rid of the mobile games. Those things are awful and should be wiped off the face of the planet.

SWTOR is dying, so I'd play it while you still have the chance.

I'm Eudoxia on Jedi Covenant.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 19, 2016 at 10:35 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I don;t think that I have ever played Black Hole, Section X or CZ-198.
    Do you think that they will shut down SWTOR? Are there statistics on how much the game has declined? I at least want to play all of KOTFE since I really want to know where the story is going. I have so many characters that I would at least like to get to max level. Though is KOTFE free to play now cause I just played 2 chapters and I'm not even a sub right now.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Do you think that they will shut down SWTOR? Are there statistics on how much the game has declined? I at least want to play all of KOTFE since I really want to know where the story is going. I have so many characters that I would at least like to get to max level. Though is KOTFE free to play now cause I just played 2 chapters and I'm not even a sub right now.
    EA/Bioware keep releasing statistics that say they have more subscribers/etc than ever, but the fact of the matter is the population of the servers has been cut in half since January, every single raiding/PvE guild has fallen apart and moved on to games actually giving them content, and the rest of the game is buggy as hell. If it's not Cartel Market, Story mode, or an exploit, they don't fix it.

E.g. Jedi Covenant's average server population on fleet has gone down from about 150+ to about 70-100 depending on time of day.

Harb, the most popular server, is now having complaints about queue times etc. because of the massive population losses too. Harb used to have instantaneous pops for everything, even the long-neglected GSF. Red Eclipse is having those problems now too.

I predict the game is slated for shutdown in 2017 and they're releasing the absolute minimal content to just finish the story and move on.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 20, 2016 at 07:21 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Well maybe after that they can start working on an actual canon Star Wars MMO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Everyone suspects that's what's happening: keeping TOR on minimum life support to close it down and end the Expanded Universe once and for all, with a new MMO in development by Visceral Studios for the new TFA-era timeframe, slated for a 2018 release probably with Episode IX.

But that's not what killed TOR. What killed it is the same thing that killed EA's prior MMO's: They keep taking the talented people and assigning them to other projects and trying to fill the gaps with new people and interns, and keep cutting the dev team to maintain profit margin (this is quite clear because 90% of the bugs in every patch are rookie coding mistakes, on top of the hundreds-thousands that have never been fixed). So they were never able to live up to the demand for content needed to keep an MMO alive.

Now they're treating it like an RPG and killing the game even more, with a levelling system that doesn't teach players their roles/classes. Even their cosmetic cartel market stuff you can buy is now just all cookiee-cutter reskins, and when microtransactions go down in quality you KNOW that's a sign of the end times.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 20, 2016 at 09:28 PM.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised. It's not like they handled SWTOR that well from the beginning anyway. Though I had a feeling that something was wrong when they decided to release a chapter per month which was an awful idea.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Star Wars: Starship Troopers edition. Um okay, good enough.

x
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Chryssalids

Citizen

They suck so much at shooting doe "Shoot them in the eye!" *Everyone fires at the forehead*

Sum sumarum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I thought it was stupid. Sure, they can survive hand blasters, but the cannons on a freighter and web that can hold a starship down? Really?

It realy isnt out of reach, concerning what we know about some star wars creatures.
    Remember the zilo beast? for example.

Citizen

Maybe blasters just suck?

Sith spiders.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

So, Kylo fights both of them while injured but somehow loses to the girl, because girlpower/Disney.

Kylo is an emo kid who is not even comparable to Vader's badassery.

Our heroes using lightsaber like pros except they have absolutely no training.

Lots of plot holes, usual CGI stuff like in any other SciFi movie, battles made me feel nothing but a video game.

Sadly this movie nowhere near close to original trilogy, not even better than EP3. I'll just give 6/10 because of pretty Daisy Ridley, damn she's look beautiful.
    Last edited by gastovski; March 26, 2016 at 01:20 PM.

Star Trek had more consistency.

I think there's a word for what's happening.

Continuity; lack thereof.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Continuity; lack thereof.
    It's funny, they blamed the EU for lack of continuity (which with Holocron database was totally untrue), yet their storyline in less than two years is already riddled with plotholes, continuity errors, etc.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    So, Kylo fights both of them while injured but somehow loses to the girl, because girlpower/Disney.

Kylo is an emo kid who is not even comparable to Vader's badassery.

Our heroes using lightsaber like pros except they have absolutely no training.

Lots of plot holes, usual CGI stuff like in any other SciFi movie, battles made me feel nothing but a video game.

Sadly this movie nowhere near close to original trilogy, not even better than EP3. I'll just give 6/10 because of pretty Daisy Ridley, damn she's look beautiful.
    Yes that is exactly how I felt as a long time Star Wars fan. 6/10 pretty much sums it up. And Daisy Ridley is so cute, probably the best cast out of all of them.

Finn using the lightsaber was cringe worthy that should have never happened.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Worst Star Wars experience ever had Wish it was never made. J.J literally ruined my childhood memories. this movie could not be made any worse. RIP Star Wars universe

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    Worst Star Wars experience ever had Wish it was never made. J.J literally ruined my childhood memories. this movie could not be made any worse. RIP Star Wars universe
    Don't be such a drama queen
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.