Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The time is coming

Default The time is coming

Do you remember the old days ? the glory of the past that will never vanish ? do you remember Rome 1 and Medieval 2 ? do you remember my sons ?
    CA brought us glory, CA turned us in a empire and promised us more and more if we paid them tribute. It was all LIES ! We turned CA in our emperor and gave them our money, our savings and the more taxes they demanded, the less we received !
    They turned our once glorious empire into a wasteland where we have to feed the DLC whore nonstop ! In the reign of Rome 2 we are dying of hunger and we shout for justice, but they refuse to hear us ! IT'S AN OUTRAGE ! AN INSULT TO ALL OF US !
    But hope is not lost ! FROM THE ASHES a legion rises ! Under the leadership of EB the second, the son of EB the First, we rally once again ! we will reclaim what is rightfully ours ! NO MORE WILL WE FEED THE DLC WHORE ! NO MORE WILL CA TAKE OUR MONEY FROM US ! WE STAND AND FIGHT !
    Our armies are almost ready, soon we will march and conquer in the name and glory of EB the second ! The entire world will quake under our avance ! cities will burn ! mothers will morn ! AND ROME 2 WILL FALL !

The time is coming, are you ready my sons ? are you ready to command our armies to victory ?

Default Re: The time is coming

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Pro Roma!

I really gotta write on forums while drunk too, seems fun.

"We turned CA in our emperor and gave them our money, our savings and the more taxes they demanded, the less we received !"

"CA" could well stand for "Canada" in this sentence.

"NO MORE WILL CA TAKE OUR MONEY FROM US !"

They didn't take anything from me, because I had the good sense to not buy any other game other than M2. The rest of you have only yourselves to blame.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by maurel View Post
    Do you remember the old days ? the glory of the past that will never vanish ? do you remember Rome 1 and Medieval 2 ? do you remember my sons ?
    CA brought us glory, CA turned us in a empire and promised us more and more if we paid them tribute. It was all LIES ! We turned CA in our emperor and gave them our money, our savings and the more taxes they demanded, the less we received !
    They turned our once glorious empire into a wasteland where we have to feed the DLC whore nonstop ! In the reign of Rome 2 we are dying of hunger and we shout for justice, but they refuse to hear us ! IT'S AN OUTRAGE ! AN INSULT TO ALL OF US !
    But hope is not lost ! FROM THE ASHES a legion rises ! Under the leadership of EB the second, the son of EB the First, we rally once again ! we will reclaim what is rightfully ours ! NO MORE WILL WE FEED THE DLC WHORE ! NO MORE WILL CA TAKE OUR MONEY FROM US ! WE STAND AND FIGHT !
    Our armies are almost ready, soon we will march and conquer in the name and glory of EB the second ! The entire world will quake under our avance ! cities will burn ! mothers will morn ! AND ROME 2 WILL FALL !

The time is coming, are you ready my sons ? are you ready to command our armies to victory ?

YYEEEEAAAHHHH!!!! WE SHALL SEND THEM ALL TO THE AFTERLIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm, seems like the fate of the Roman Empire!

Anyway, to battle good soldiers and a bloody day!!!!!!!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

debux's Avatar Senator

I don't get it... all these threads have no real purpose except for making the posters admit that they fell for the hype machine, and surely pre-ordered something that wasn't sure to be good. If you fell for the marketing ploys, it's your fault, not CA's. If you were gullible enough to think that R2 was going to fulfill all your fantasies, seeing all the previews under a rosey-tinted glass, and without thinking that CA isn't making a game for you, but for a big market, then I'd hope that you'd realize that the one that is not adapting to the situation is you. Instead of doing nothing but complaining on online forums, maybe you should reflect on your mistakes and learn from them.

And back on what I said before, the comparison between R2 and EB2 is unfair. They are products for two different groups of people. CA needs to simply the game, because now they're in the AAA market and need to attract a bigger customer base in order to stay where they are (I understand the criticism is guided towards those lines, but this is not the place to express it). EB is made by people in their free time, with no other intention but to edit a product that was already made and to guide it under a certain guideline of priorities, which mostly aren't guided towards being attractive to a newcomer of the genre.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I don't get it... all these threads have no real purpose except for making the posters admit that they fell for the hype machine, and surely pre-ordered something that wasn't sure to be good. If you fell for the marketing ploys, it's your fault, not CA's. If you were gullible enough to think that R2 was going to fulfill all your fantasies, seeing all the previews under a rosey-tinted glass, and without thinking that CA isn't making a game for you, but for a big market
    I have one word for you "Hope"

Rome total war was a game made to the great market and it was a great game.
    Medieval 2 total war was a game made to the great market and it was a great game.
    Shogun 2 was a game made to the great market and it was a great game.

Rome 2 is a piece of crap, and not because it is not like EB. but because IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP DOWN IN IT'S CORE !
    I would understand if the game was averange or something like that, but it's not, it's a poormade game with almost no features in comparision with his precessors.

Rome 2 engine don't handle well unit colisions or meele battle, formation battle is ridiculous poor made, THEY EVEN FORGOT TO ADD BONUSSES FOR TROOPS IN HIGH TERRAIN IN THE LAUNCH OF THE GAME ! The game is just boring. and i don't even care abbout the unhistorical content.
    The only one thing i can think of positive is the new diplomacy system (after patchs) and the garrison idea (but gets screwed by the building trees and system)

i and a lot of fans wanted two things, EB2 and rome 2.

Rome 2 was a total let down to almost EVERYONE, now our hopes are all in EB2 (and from what we already saw, they will surpass our expectations), not only EB2 will take the EB1 place but will take the place that was to rome 2.

A single mod will be more epic than an entire game made by CA. This IS troubling ...

Plot twist
    Last edited by maurel; June 26, 2014 at 07:22 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

That is according to your biased opinion. They added quite a lot of new features, such as line of sight, functioning naval battles for the period (although their quality is another topic), as well as the biggest map they've ever done, in terms of mechanical prowess (it's been a long way since 21-30 factions limit for a campaign to what seems to be infinite!). And those are new features just off the top of my head, without me even owning it (although I've had a few playthroughs) Besides, the opinions in this forum are quite mixed, and the forum is only a veery, very small spectre of the audience of gamers that own Rome 2. Most casual players love it, just look at all the LP's that are out there.

Hope doesn't mean that you have to commit one hundred percent to something, especially because you have no idea if it's going to become true. You can hope that R2 will be improved later, as years go by, with patches and mods, but it's not certain. Maybe it will never be of your liking. But it's ok to hope that it could become better. Not blindingly think that the world will spin around you and create the perfect game suited to your needs.

And seriously, you really think that EB can take over R2 and be a more popular game than R2? As I said before, they are for different groups of people that have certain interests.

Also, last point. You said "Rome 2 was a total let down to almost EVERYONE, now our hopes are all in EB2 (and from what we already saw, they will surpass our expectations), not only EB2 will take the EB1 place but will take the place that was to rome 2." I bet you would have said something similar for R2 before it was released. What I'm trying to say is that the attitude of reckless hope that something that you don't even have in your own hands is going to be the source of some kind of happiness for a good time. With that attitude, you're bound to have such an irrational behavior towards things and people that don't deserve it.

(BTW: there is no supreme way of using a spear. It's all personal preference. The sole reason why it's so amply discussed is that the engine allows only one type of animation, so you have to choose either overhand or underhand)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

i will not feed the "supreme troll"

but cmon, you can't be serious, i played around 90 hours of rome 2 and its a bad game, we have infinite factions in rome 2 but the majority of the faction's units are the same, almost all units in rome 2 look similar (just different names and stats, but the same skins) and what is the point of having 100 different factions if you can only play with 26 factions (Ohh, of course ! 23 if you have all DLC ! and thoses DLC are just minor faction bonuses and the tech tree, AND IF YOU ARE LUCKY SOME SKINS !!! wow !! something a MODDER could do for free VERY EASY) the other 74 factions are there only to look pretty and make the end turn time ETERNAL !

And the map is so big and so small at the same time, it's big but with little open space, there is just a lot of giant setlemments one next to the other.
    And we gotta admit the well designed political system in the game...WOW it's so relevant that you can play entire campaigns WITHOUT GIVING A SINGLE F... TO IT ! And the beatiful family trees, genes and traits gone ! now we have a factory of infinite random generals (LOL).

Rome 2 have the potential to be a good game (but the meele battle animations will remain broken due engine limitation), it needs more playable factions, better political system, family trees, SKINS ! A LOT OF SKINS ! (i think EB2 will have a lot more skins than rome 2 have), better building tree for cities (more building slots and better province growth, buildings specialized in garrisons(frontier provinces)). and for the love of god, make it impossible to armies to march trought the sea in magical spawn transports, fleets are USELESS in this game.

If they do all that(and somethings more) and expand the map to india (as they actually can). And put a better A.I. this game CAN be what everyone expect it to be
    Last edited by maurel; June 26, 2014 at 08:10 PM.

As well as the biggest map they've ever done, in terms of mechanical prowess (it's been a long way since 21-30 factions limit for a campaign to what seems to be infinite!).
    Come one, the Rome and Medieval mods have more regions than this, the province system was blasphemy and complete madness They are not remotely accurate to anything and the lack of walled settelments is pitiful, no Byzantium and Jerusalem, the great city where the jews held out the Romans is a village!

The core of the game is bad and like Empire Total War, they cant fix all of it

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    Come one, the Rome and Medieval mods have more regions than this, the province system was blasphemy and complete madness They are not remotely accurate to anything and the lack of walled settelments is pitiful, no Byzantium and Jerusalem, the great city where the jews held out the Romans is a village!

The core of the game is bad and like Empire Total War, they cant fix all of it
    Do you remember Syracuse without walls ?

The last few posts are exclusively about R2TW, which means that this thread is going seriously off topic and therefore risks closure. Regarding R2TW there is a catch-all praise and complaints thread to discuss that game. Also note that suggestions of trolling are not appreciated on the forum. We in EB2 community can do better than that and keep our disagreements friendly, can't we.

Also beware that that hype is the mother of contempt. The higher your expectations the higher the eventual disappointment. And vice versa. For your mental health is is advisable not to expect too much from EB2. If you approach EB2 simply as a mod restrained by the available engine upon which there are patched random improvements by a bunch of volunteers you might be pleasantly surprised. It certainly is not a perfect game. And beware that the August first public release is a release of a mod still in development, i.e. in an unfinished state. There will be many features sadly lacking because nobody has managed to implement them yet. So be realistic. Just as Rome was not patched in a day, neither will be EB2.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, time is indeed coming...

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    I have one word for you "Hope"
    No, that's not the right word.

I am approaching EB2 as a really good mod, having seen the website for EB and heard people gushing over it. Having not played EB, I intend to wait until EB2 is finished, so I can have a really immersive, complete experience. Also, I have experience with modding M2, so I am pretty sure I can make the game the way I like it.

But that is precisely the point. EB2 is a mod made by volunteers by free (i already saw all the previews, read abbout all the features the guys spoke off, saw the videos and SS) and the number of skins for the first release and it's better than i expected to be.

I known Medieval 2 engine and it's limitations (but also its strong points) and it's going to surpass our expectations and the second (and a third) release would make it a masterpiece !

That is what is troubling, EB2 will be better than rome 2, EB2 is made by a bunch of volunteer modders that do this for pleasure and free, Rome 2 is made by CA that have a entire paid team to every single aspect of their products, and they released a half finish, poor designed game even for newcommers (with 40% more budget) and not even with half of EB2 skins and number of detail (every unit in eb2 will have 3 skins for soldiers, in rome 2 allmost all soldiers are clones). EB2 is going trough a long process of polishing.

Just try to compare the features of Shogun 2 with Rome 2.

hell, they even said that every agent cutscene in EB2 will have cinematics made with real people, HOW CAN'T YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS ?!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by maurel View Post
    hell, they even said that every agent cutscene in EB2 will have cinematics made with real people, HOW CAN'T YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS ?!
    That was dropped, maybe in the future if people volunteer to do it.

Rowan Atkinson should play an assassin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast