Thread: AI Spamming archers/crossbows

Default AI Spamming archers/crossbows

Does somebody else experiencing this problem? In my danish campaign I saw Norway and England with stacks almost full of missile units
    Is there a file where I can edit some values to balance this?

Default Re: AI Spamming archers/crossbows

No but i have seen Byzantines with 4 full stacks of cavalry on both Rhodes and Cyprus. They were just standing there while i was roflstompting Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by intestino View Post
    Does somebody else experiencing this problem? In my danish campaign I saw Norway and England with stacks almost full of missile units
    Is there a file where I can edit some values to balance this?
    You can lower the recruitment priority of the affected factions' levy archers in the EDU. Making it -1 should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey of Villehardouin View Post
    You can lower the recruitment priority of the affected factions' levy archers in the EDU. Making it -1 should be enough.
    It seems to have worked for those factions. Although I'm starting to see the teutonics and poland doing the same.

vin2579's Avatar Civis

I love using stacks of peasant archer levys with the auto battle option (forget what it is called) although in the actual battlefield I find them useless.

Probably the only available unit for them to recruit, you get the same with the moors in north Africa. Camel spear men, peasants, balistas and catapults

Indefinitely Banned

gotta be fun

vin2579's Avatar Civis

With smaller army's a large force of peasant crossbow men in the front are always useful, cheap and quick to replace and they help shield your better troops behind them.

Just make sure to toggle skirmish mode OFF and guard mode ON so they continue to shoot even if the front of their unit is engaged.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ludizoki View Post
    No but i have seen Byzantines with 4 full stacks of cavalry on both Rhodes and Cyprus. They were just standing there while i was roflstompting Turkey
    That's because the ai gets confused over naval troops movements. There is a one word piece of text in one of the files that you can alter, which will allow the ai to make or send a ship to pick up trapped units. Change the setting back after a while because it inhibits naval invasion.

Can't remember the word or the file, but it is written in the BGRV page somewhere, though it applies to any game or mod. It was on a line like "allow naval invasion yes" or something.
    Last edited by Byg; July 10, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

vin2579's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    That's because the ai gets confused over naval troops movements.
    The naval aspect of total war games has always been disappointing me, the A.I. itself seems to just simply not be able to handle it :,(

Indefinitely Banned

the AI is an overall dissapointment but some individuals here are not because they lose to this AI

vin2579's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Ring View Post
    the AI is an overall dissapointment but some individuals here are not because they lose to this AI
    Whenever I lose to the A.I. (Specially a battle that I actually have the same amount of units or even more than the A.I. enemy) I break my keyboard and go cry in my bed... Good thing I get a discount on buying $5 keyboards in bulk with amazon.