Thread: Mod will not start properly - Help?

Default Mod will not start properly - Help?

Hello everybody. I have run into a bit of a problem, and I'll get straight to the point.

I followed the installation as provided as follows.
    - Fresh installation of Empire Total War.
    - Downloaded and installed ACW 3.4 into the correct folder (E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War)
    - Downloaded and installed ACW 3.4.1 (replacing the files in the folder \Empire Total War\ACW\Packs)
    - Downloaded and installed the husselTW launcher.
    - Downloaded and installed the music files.
    And then I tried to start the game, assuming sicne I do not have the Warpath DLC that I needn't bother with the "latest version". It did not work, so I did downloand and install the ZoR Open Beta 3.5.
    Nothing changed.

Now, what the problem is that I cannot start the game through the ACW launcher. When I do (from both multiple paths, the ACW file in the game directory and the one in the ACW folder) I just get this image.

And I don't know what to do. I even tired to run Empire form the steam launcher, and I do get the ACW loading screen (with Johnny Reb posing), but the ingame menues are just like in the vanilla game with the two exceptions of 1) there is only one highlighted campaign named Civil War Campaign and 2) in the vanilla looking country selection Great Britain is renamed the Confederate Union.

I'd really like to know if this is a common error or installation mistake and how I can fix this, or if anyone knows what's wrong if it isn't and how I can fix it. Having seen Gettysburg the other day, I have a terrible craving for something "ACW", and this looks like the best way to scratch that itch =)

Default Re: Mod will not start properly - Help?

AND I tried to activated and e-activated the ZoR and start the game, and I tried to select the different maps (Warpath or not) and it didn't make any difference in case that is of any import.

The problem appears to be that it installed wrong, do you happen to have multiple hard drives, multiple etws, or etc? Also, will you send me a screenshot of your empire total war directory. (The one in the previous screenshot.)
    I might know what's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide990 View Post
    The problem appears to be that it installed wrong, do you happen to have multiple hard drives, multiple etws, or etc? Also, will you send me a screenshot of your empire total war directory. (The one in the previous screenshot.)
    I might know what's wrong.
    Yes, I do have multiple harddrives and I have installed steamgames across them. I did actually have to re-direct the mod installation to the correct folder, it assumed it was on the typical C:\ directory.
    The directory of the game installation is as follows.
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War

I suspect that there has to be some mistake in the installation as well, but I was damned sure to get the directory right. In the screenshot, it tries to find the .exe file in the \common\ folder, not the \common\Empire Total War\ folder. If that is indeed the case, it'd be good if I could force the ACW launcher to search for the executable in its proper directory.
    But that's just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKhan View Post
    Yes, I do have multiple harddrives and I have installed steamgames across them. I did actually have to re-direct the mod installation to the correct folder, it assumed it was on the typical C:\ directory.
    The directory of the game installation is as follows.
    E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War

I suspect that there has to be some mistake in the installation as well, but I was damned sure to get the directory right. In the screenshot, it tries to find the .exe file in the \common\ folder, not the \common\Empire Total War\ folder. If that is indeed the case, it'd be good if I could force the ACW launcher to search for the executable in its proper directory.
    But that's just my guess.
    In the Harddrive that you're using, does it install through the almost same install path (but e: instead of c) or does it go straight to steam apps or some other folder.

To be clearer, I mean how much does YOUR install path differ from the recommended install path?

IIRC, the recommended path was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire, but I changed it to E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War after I double-checked where the correct directory was.

Quote Originally Posted by KimKhan View Post
    IIRC, the recommended path was C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire, but I changed it to E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War after I double-checked where the correct directory was.
    That's your problem I believe. Another person , I believe it was Five, had the same exact problem. Try installing ETW on to the original C drive. The mod doesn't seem to recognize any other path. If your original C drive is full, or disabled, etc. Then sorry mate, You'll have to wait til we figure out what's wrong.
    RollTide

I was afraid it was something like that. Ah well, it's almost comforting that I am not alone in this though. And sadly I cannot install it to the C: drive. I'll have to get my Civil War fix elsewhere.
    I'd love to see the issue fixed though! It doesn't look like we'll be getting a good ACW game anytime soon =)

Before giving up, try checking around the tech help forums here, and also contact trig, wolves, and Five as he may of figured something else out.
    We'll try to fix this as soon as possible.
    Sincerely,
    RollTide990

So I'm not good with coding, installing, or anything that goes beyond buying a PC game, installing it to my laptop and playing it. So with that being said I am a HUGE Civil War buff and when I was browsing youtube one day I stumbled across ETW. Well as I watched more videos of it from people such as Lionheart, HeirOfCarthage, and ect. I found out they had a Civil War mod. Well after I got ETW I played it a little bit and really enjoyed it, but now I want the ACW mod, and I have watched hundreds of videos on how to download it, but every time I try it is unsuccessful. So know I'm coming here asking for help. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me out with this.

So I'm having trouble installing the ACW mod for Empire Total War. No matter what video I watch, word for word, I can't seem to get this thing to install. With that being said, I'm also a newb when it comes to coding and installing mods to my computer. I just recently got ETW and I really only got the game for this mod so if anyone could help me that would be great.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Country gaming Marine View Post
    So I'm having trouble installing the ACW mod for Empire Total War. No matter what video I watch, word for word, I can't seem to get this thing to install. With that being said, I'm also a newb when it comes to coding and installing mods to my computer. I just recently got ETW and I really only got the game for this mod so if anyone could help me that would be great.
    What form of help do you expect to get here if a step-by-step set of instructins and a video showing what to click and where, can't help you? I'm afraid pappagoat and myself are a bit too reclusive to make house calls

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

can someone explain the step 3.4 3.5 3.6 etc move to ....is this something I need to do ? How about music. I see where above someone downloaded music. Instructions do not say to do this.

One more thing. I and so many others are sorry for not getting this right but we all want to make it work. Patience please
    Last edited by Trig; January 02, 2015 at 08:49 AM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    can someone explain the step 3.4 3.5 3.6 etc move to ....is this something I need to do ? How about music. I see where above someone downloaded music. Instructions do not say to do this.

One more thing. I and so many others are sorry for not getting this right but we all want to make it work. Patience please
    All the steps are very clearly explained, even with a video, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Instructions

And 3.6 here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Beta-Released-!!!

Read everything carefully, all is explained, music also.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links